SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new here and a new Hellcat charger owner. Some of us drive our cats daily and prefer the stock tires as 90% of the time we’re not racing. That said, we bought the cat for its performance and like to play from time to time. Here is how I run consistent low 3’s 0-60mph with the stock all season tires...

Settings: On auto-sport traction and tranny! street suspension, 32psi on all season tires, 3/4 fuel tank. 82 degrees and humid night run.

Press on brake (left foot) bring RPM’s to about 1,000-1,100. Quick throttle but not pedal to the metal until half way thru 1st gear (this is a very fast reaction) when car shifts to 2nd, let of the gas just a tad, otherwise the shifting will cause a lot of spinning into 2nd gear, then full throttle until 60mph. So all of this has to be done fast and precise. As you can see, my previous was a 5.0 due to 2nd gear spin. So guys and gals, practice practice. I haven’t taken my car to the 1/4 mile track yet or tested it in the in car timer.

Mods, oil catch can and K&N CAI. I really feel like the intake has helped. I know there are debates in this matter. My intake runs 118’s-130’s temp while moving. Of course it heats up more than the stock box in traffic, but we don’t reap the benefits of the intake in traffic. I would recommend the K&N intake or JLT for a stock set up. K&N doesn’t make an intake for the 2019 cats yet. The pvc valve is attached to the air box lid and a new hose is needed. I had to fabricate mine. JLT comes with the hose needed but the K&N was cheaper and is just as good. Anyways, hope this can help some of you. Great forum by the way.

I will leave the car stock minus the intake and Arturo AZ850 for the tears which I will be installing tomorrow. I will keep it like this until I’m able to hit 11 flat in the 1/4 mile. After I hit 11 flat. I will then go to drag radials and see what happens. I think a pretty much stock cat, the OE driveshaft with drag radials should be fine. Anymore power I would def change it. Drag radials will be the nitto NT05 275/40-20.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
so you have the trans set to sport ? I have the atturo az850 on my cat got 295s since they were biggest size to go on stock wheels. The offset was 45 so little taller but fits fine but shiiet I can get that 0-60 I guess I need lots of practice those are great times

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the Atturo. Got two installed in the rear and now getting two for the front. I think SPORT transmission setting is better for 0-60 and 1/4 mile with stock tires. Faster and harder it shifts, it is more prone to spinning. It is very hard to get into the 3’s with non drag radials tires, but it can be done with practice. Also, know that I was spinning when I do low 3’s, but not as much as if you went WOT

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,158 Posts
Mine did this with R888R’s in June, but I don’t believe it, so I erased it. I think if it is spinning along it gives false readings.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine did this with R888R’s in June, but I don’t believe it, so I erased it. I think if it is spinning along it gives false readings. View attachment 543212
You know, I didn’t believe mine either, though it felt fast. Someone told me that the reading comes from the front wheels to avoid false readings. But I really don’t know.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,158 Posts
I can do mid-3's consistently that I believe with my street 345/30's mounted on 12" wheels. I won't let them spin (too expensive).

I will try a few more this fall as it gets cooler and see if I can get close to that again. It was spinning a bit too much for me to believe it on the 3.0 sec run. I had no mercy on those tires because they are my track tires also. I have a set of old drag radials on 11"'s I could mount up and destroy for fun someday also. I have not tried line lock or launch control on this monster yet either.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
177 Posts
I still have my stock 305 tires... Here's what my best 0-60 and top speed is. I average 3's. I somehow recorded a 2.7 while doing a burnout.... so i erased it because it took place of my 3.4

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you have the trans set to sport ? I have the atturo az850 on my cat got 295s since they were biggest size to go on stock wheels. The offset was 45 so little taller but fits fine but shiiet I can get that 0-60 I guess I need lots of practice those are great times

I’ve played with it in different modes. Trans in sport is a bit better for the street as the shifts aren’t so hard (this will cause spin). At the track, I put it on track. Best thing I’ve done tho, Bravado tribute 18x10 with Nitto NT555R 305/45-18 use this on street and track 20psi track, 28ish street. $1,079 installed at Discount tire. Put it on interest free for 9 months discount tire credit card. LOL. Car looks aggressive and hooks amazingly well even when tires are cold.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m not a fan of 295 on a 10” wheel they tend to bulge even though to the human eye they look fine. 275 Arturo’s do well in my opinion. Go with the bravado tributes and slap a 305 on it. Street/strip set up. I’ll always run this set up unless I take a long trip somewhere. Then I’ll slap the stickers back in the rear.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can do mid-3's consistently that I believe with my street 345/30's mounted on 12" wheels. I won't let them spin (too expensive).

I will try a few more this fall as it gets cooler and see if I can get close to that again. It was spinning a bit too much for me to believe it on the 3.0 sec run. I had no mercy on those tires because they are my track tires also. I have a set of old drag radials on 11"'s I could mount up and destroy for fun someday also. I have not tried line lock or launch control on this monster yet either.
Line lock and launch control are amazing. People complain about launch control cause they’re not following the instructions right. Try it. Very cool feature. 1100rpm is good for my cat. Launch control was designed more for street launching with street tires from the factory. I read an article on it. Traction control kicks on very slightly when needed.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,158 Posts
The times and speeds being funky in the 1/8 and 1/4 indicate significant wheelspin has been happening FYI. Reset and attempt again. But, when I get the suspension dialed in, I suspect it will get a legit sub 3.5 sec., but I am using very different rubber and sizes. I promise to try the launch control, but I won't let it spin the tires.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,352 Posts
A video of my 3.5 0-60 on drag radials. There is no way i could have done better with stock tires.

Reactions: DGatzby and Cat797

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
45 Posts
View attachment 543075 Hi, I’m new here and a new Hellcat charger owner. Some of us drive our cats daily and prefer the stock tires as 90% of the time we’re not racing. That said, we bought the cat for its performance and like to play from time to time. Here is how I run consistent low 3’s 0-60mph with the stock all season tires...

Settings: On auto-sport traction and tranny! street suspension, 32psi on all season tires, 3/4 fuel tank. 82 degrees and humid night run.

Press on brake (left foot) bring RPM’s to about 1,000-1,100. Quick throttle but not pedal to the metal until half way thru 1st gear (this is a very fast reaction) when car shifts to 2nd, let of the gas just a tad, otherwise the shifting will cause a lot of spinning into 2nd gear, then full throttle until 60mph. So all of this has to be done fast and precise. As you can see, my previous was a 5.0 due to 2nd gear spin. So guys and gals, practice practice. I haven’t taken my car to the 1/4 mile track yet or tested it in the in car timer.

Mods, oil catch can and K&N CAI. I really feel like the intake has helped. I know there are debates in this matter. My intake runs 118’s-130’s temp while moving. Of course it heats up more than the stock box in traffic, but we don’t reap the benefits of the intake in traffic. I would recommend the K&N intake or JLT for a stock set up. K&N doesn’t make an intake for the 2019 cats yet. The pvc valve is attached to the air box lid and a new hose is needed. I had to fabricate mine. JLT comes with the hose needed but the K&N was cheaper and is just as good. Anyways, hope this can help some of you. Great forum by the way.

I will leave the car stock minus the intake and Arturo AZ850 for the tears which I will be installing tomorrow. I will keep it like this until I’m able to hit 11 flat in the 1/4 mile. After I hit 11 flat. I will then go to drag radials and see what happens. I think a pretty much stock cat, the OE driveshaft with drag radials should be fine. Anymore power I would def change it. Drag radials will be the nitto NT05 275/40-20.

Just for the trollol..........

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
130 Posts
Wheel spin will show a faster 0 to 60.
The car must record speeds at the rear wheels because I've seen 0-60 as low as mid one second when I really let it spin. If I get the car to stick I can get a 3.0 out of the Redeye with drag radials. If I'm spinning alot I can get low 2's and have also got zero to 60 as quick as a 1.5. First time I saw that I thought ok timer is screwed but I started repeating with wheel spin and could clearly see the more wheel spin and faster I spun the lower my 0 to 60. So it must read rear wheel speed when using that particular timer.
0 to 60 in 1.5 I think that's in Pro mod territory :)
I have a place up at the farm where I can repeatedly let it rip without being on a public highway. We have a real nice smooth long straight paved road going from the highway back to the car building that's a good 1/2 mile so I play with the 0-60 there over and over. Never any more than that though, could hit one of chickens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts