SRT Hellcat Forum banner

181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
998 Posts
Is any anti-seize recommended on the bolt threads as they're dissimilar metals?
Not sure if the same applies here as lug nuts, but I recently read the whole internet on the topic. The take away was that anti-seize should usually not ever be used, especially in applications that specify a torque range. Lubricants reduce the torque applied by an unpredictable, uncontrollable amount--thus the torque wrench will always read /low/--eg bolts are being over torqued, potentially/likely stretching/weakening the threads, and also possibly torquing them unevenly since any variation in lubrication could change the friction respectively.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I'm hearing just about any color but the initial offering after validation testing will only be a neutral color...
Going to stay with black anodized on the DIRS as the hard coating helps to add hardness/resiliency of for the threaded area where the bushing bolt enters on Part 1.

We will be resurrecting the Extreme brace (Extreme II) with some DIRS carry-overs and that will be available in gloss brake caliper red and gloss black. The Extreme II will be a product between the standard brace and DIRS performance and price wise...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
916 Posts
Going to stay with black anodized on the DIRS as the hard coating helps to add hardness/resiliency of for the threaded area where the bushing bolt enters on Part 1.

We will be resurrecting the Extreme brace (Extreme II) with some DIRS carry-overs and that will be available in gloss brake caliper red and gloss black. The Extreme II will be a product between the standard brace and DIRS performance and price wise...
Can you retrofit our Extreme 1 brace? Thanks John

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,368 Posts
Okay I finally got it mounted. Per anothers advice on FB, I did the last bit of the instructions backwards. So instead of mounting the subframe bolts first, I instead lined up and put in the bigger bolt that connects from the first to the second part. Once that was threaded in a bit, I then threaded the subframe bolts, snug them all up, then torqued them to spec. I also per P4D's advice left out the 1/16th rubber isolator in the 2nd part to give myself as much room as possible. I was told it won't hurt anything leaving that out.

So here is my picture of triumph

Same experience installing on my Redeye. Left isolator out, ground the weld down and installed large bolt first.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
Need some help installing mine, can't get the last center bolt to line up. The second part of the brace appears to be slightly lower than the first part of the brace attached to the diff, and slightly to the left. How do I get these pieces centered?

20190525_140619.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,368 Posts
Need some help installing mine, can't get the last center bolt to line up. The second part of the brace appears to be slightly lower than the first part of the brace attached to the diff, and slightly to the left. How do I get these pieces centered?

View attachment 519489
Install the large bolt first and leave it loose. Install the 2 cross member bolts and it should go. That’s what I did!

·
Bone Stock
Challenger SRT Demon
2,618 Posts

View attachment 519489
Make sure there are no welds interfering with the alignment on the bottom of the crossmember. If you need to, loosen the two bolts at the top of the differential a little and use a jack to pivot the front of the diff up. I've installed about a half dozen of these now and they either line up perfectly or have to be finagled a little. Do not be afraid to send the 14mm bolt if they are close.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
Install the large bolt first and leave it loose. Install the 2 cross member bolts and it should go. That’s what I did!
I actually pulled the second part back off, loosened all bolts on the first part and adjusted it as much as I could knowing which direction it needed to move then tightened them all up again to spec, reinstalled the second part like you said, large bolt first, only about half way then started the smaller crossmember bolts. Surprisingly it all went back together.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
Make sure there are no welds interfering with the alignment on the bottom of the crossmember. If you need to, loosen the two bolts at the top of the differential a little and use a jack to pivot the front of the diff up. I've installed about a half dozen of these now and they either line up perfectly or have to be finagled a little. Do not be afraid to send the 14mm bolt if they are close.
Thanks Bray, I got it now. I had a small bit of self inflicted pain today and cross threaded one of the 8mm bolts in the crossmember. Fortunately a M8 tap cleaned up the threads and the ARP bolt only lost the first thread so it was ok to reuse, after that all was good again.

Thanks for the quick response. After I posted for help, I went back and read some of the other members struggles and tips and I got it going.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
Took the car for a 30 minute drive, can't say there's a night and day difference just driving around normally unlike going from no brace at all to using a P4D brace, but I would say it seems to be a slight reduction in NVH compared to the P4D extreme brace. No chance to launch the car on sticky tires so I can't say how much that helps yet but overall satisfied with the product other than it was a little bit of a struggle to get it installed. Now that I know some of the tricks, it would certainly go faster next time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
402 Posts
Brace fit great on a charger hellcat with the borla exhaust already on it for those not sure of fitment . Just had to rotate the rear pipes a small amount and have about 3/8 of an inch clearance . This car had a 1.30 60 ft last event out at mshs on the old brace so let’s see what this bad boy does now !

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
611 Posts
Brace fit great on a charger hellcat with the borla exhaust already on it for those not sure of fitment . Just had to rotate the rear pipes a small amount and have about 3/8 of an inch clearance . This car had a 1.30 60 ft last event out at mshs on the old brace so let’s see what this bad boy does now !
Any other mods to the rear other than brace?

181 - 200 of 204 Posts