SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Chris, my wife and I just bought our first Hellcat, and all I can say is WOW! Ready to go out and get a second one, but the wife says no. :(

Anyway, we bought a 2016 Challenger Hellcat with just over 34000 miles. The previous owner did some upgrades and everyone I talk to believe we have a strong contender for a 900whp car once tuned. Here is the list of mods I received from the previous owner:

F.A.S 2.70 Upper pulley
ATI 10% Lower
FIC 1200cc injectors
Fore Dual Pump fuel system with a KB boost a pump
Stainless works Cat deletes
DSS Driveshaft
Pinned crank
APR main and head studs
MMX forged drop in rod and piston kit with .010 over pistons and Molnar rods
Coated Main and rod bearings

Car is currently running a basic tune on e85 and we have a CEL from the cats being removed. Dealer is paying the tuner 250 to remove the code when we go to have it tuned.

Just curious with what has already been done, if we reach the 900whp mark, what would you all think would it take to push it to that 1000whp mark.

I am thinking about changing the stock exhaust for a aftermarket cat back exhaust, just not sure how restrictive the stock exhaust is and how much it would help.

Glad to be apart of the Hellcat family, and it may take me a while, but I will own a second one at some point cause I'm hooked!

Reactions: mpva141

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Though I know people make whatever hp on the stock headers, where people depend on speed to make their living, they use long-tube headers, so it is logical to go for those, also.

Insulate the underside of the supercharger, put reflective/insulating covering on the intake tube leading to throttle body, put in spacers under supercharger ports to insulate from engine heat.

Amsoil in everything.

Crankcase evacuation via tube leading to a venturi in the exhaust system, with small orifice/filter on one side of engine to allow a bit of fresh air in for a constantly-reduced risk of crankcase fumes being too flammable.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,325 Posts
You already have cat deletes, the mid muffler and stock muffler with active exhaust shouldn't restrict it, just alter the sound. Might lose a few hp over that but I dont think it's worth a 1300 aftermarket exhaust. Cut the mid mufflers out and weld bullets in.
Might need a small pulley but I'm not sure if anything below a 2.70 is good for these blowers. Quickest way to get some more power safely would be a ported snout and maybe a 105 throttle body. Perhaps port the blower? Or throw a small shot of giggle on it since it has some better bottom end stuff. Def gonna need some sort of cooling mod for the blower, personally I'd get spacers and a better heat exchange or an ice box even though you're on e85 when these sub 40° days end you're gonna hate your IATS. Are you running and stock intake as well?

Should be a 1000whp car now or damn close to it but 1 or 2 more mods and it'll def be over 1000whp.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to the fam homie. I plan on making a 1k hp+ car myself. I live in Florida so I was gonna bring my car to forzatuned but idk if I’ll be getting robbed

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Welcome to the fam homie. I plan on making a 1k hp+ car myself. I live in Florida so I was gonna bring my car to forzatuned but idk if I’ll be getting robbed
Don't wanna steal the post but;
With them you will def over-pay.

I called them when Speedsociety had a car done by them for their giveaway, and they vultured my gmail for months trying to get me to ship my car to them form MD for a stage 2, which was $5000+ for their kit and labor plus a lot to even ship... the same sorta kit @ HHP is only $3300 and their one state over from me and Josh has a great reputation.

They said they don't even recommend the stage 1 they offer because its a waste of money, and immediately say that a 10% lower is a must to run a 2.85 upper when I see everyone on here running a static 2.85 metco with no issues..They're money hungry.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum..

A 2.7 upper with 10% OD lower ????
That blower is way over spun if this is true.

Why would someone change out pistons, rods, bearings, and head/rod studs on this car? I would have to see pics of the motor out and apart, as well as receipts to believe this from a seller.

What kind of dealer is selling a hellcat with a CEL from a retail store?
If this goes to the tuner and blows up, who is responsible?
This could turn into one of those nightmare stories.
And if it is tuned already, why did the tuner not shut off the rear o2 sensors already? Something doesn't add up Quimby......

Good luck, hope everything turns out alright.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Don't wanna steal the post but;
With them you will def over-pay.

I called them when Speedsociety had a car done by them for their giveaway, and they vultured my gmail for months trying to get me to ship my car to them form MD for a stage 2, which was $5000+ for their kit and labor plus a lot to even ship... the same sorta kit @ HHP is only $3300 and their one state over from me and Josh has a great reputation.

They said they don't even recommend the stage 1 they offer because its a waste of money, and immediately say that a 10% lower is a must to run a 2.85 upper when I see everyone on here running a static 2.85 metco with no issues..They're money hungry.
Damn, well thank you for the info and conformation. I wish I was good at car mechanics I would buy each part on sale and build it all my self then just get it tuned but yeaa nope lol. Gearhead performance is another one I heard about. I’ll look into speedsociety or maybe they could give me a recommendation here

·
Registered
209 Posts
I inquired with Forza about their stage 4 package and the price started at $13K not counting transport. Very pricey and upscale for the guys where money don't matter!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,239 Posts
Hello,

My name is Chris, my wife and I just bought our first Hellcat, and all I can say is WOW! Ready to go out and get a second one, but the wife says no. :(

Anyway, we bought a 2016 Challenger Hellcat with just over 34000 miles. The previous owner did some upgrades and everyone I talk to believe we have a strong contender for a 900whp car once tuned. Here is the list of mods I received from the previous owner:

F.A.S 2.70 Upper pulley
ATI 10% Lower
FIC 1200cc injectors
Fore Dual Pump fuel system with a KB boost a pump
Stainless works Cat deletes
DSS Driveshaft
Pinned crank
APR main and head studs
MMX forged drop in rod and piston kit with .010 over pistons and Molnar rods
Coated Main and rod bearings

Car is currently running a basic tune on e85 and we have a CEL from the cats being removed. Dealer is paying the tuner 250 to remove the code when we go to have it tuned.

Just curious with what has already been done, if we reach the 900whp mark, what would you all think would it take to push it to that 1000whp mark.

I am thinking about changing the stock exhaust for a aftermarket cat back exhaust, just not sure how restrictive the stock exhaust is and how much it would help.

Glad to be apart of the Hellcat family, and it may take me a while, but I will own a second one at some point cause I'm hooked!

View attachment 569739
Hi Chris
The build is basically ready with some adds or changes
250.00 is ridiculous to pay for the Cat delete code. Why?
The most important mod that you need is experienced Tuner for Hellcats. Especially for the higher HP that you want.
So if you are going to continue find yourself a Tuner and when they tune your HC the Cat delete can be done then and should not be an extra charge.

Are you going to take your Hellcat to the Dragstrip?

Linda :)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Chris
The build is basically ready with some adds or changes
250.00 is ridiculous to pay for the Cat delete code. Why?
The most important mod that you need is experienced Tuner for Hellcats. Especially for the higher HP that you want.
So if you are going to continue find yourself a Tuner and when they tune your HC the Cat delete can be done then and should not be an extra charge.

Are you going to take your Hellcat to the Dragstrip?

Hey Linda,

The 250 price was if the tuner was just to remove the CEL. I asked him for a price to just remove that so I had a price to go back to the dealer with since they sold the car that way.

I am going to do some research, but the tuner that I have been to before said he has tuned Hellcats before and they run about $1300 for a 4 hour tuning session.

If anyone knows of a tuner in SO Indiana or Northern KY that has great results with Hellcats let me know. Forza use to be up here, but I have heard that once you have your car tuned by them, no one else can tune it because they lockdown their tunes. 🤷‍♂️

Chris

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum..

A 2.7 upper with 10% OD lower ????
That blower is way over spun if this is true.

Why would someone change out pistons, rods, bearings, and head/rod studs on this car? I would have to see pics of the motor out and apart, as well as receipts to believe this from a seller.

What kind of dealer is selling a hellcat with a CEL from a retail store?
If this goes to the tuner and blows up, who is responsible?
This could turn into one of those nightmare stories.
And if it is tuned already, why did the tuner not shut off the rear o2 sensors already? Something doesn't add up Quimby......

Good luck, hope everything turns out alright.
Hey,

The car is currently running on a basic stock tune to get it from point A to B... He had it for 6 months, and was running it and bent a rod, so he had to have the engine completely rebuilt.

Chris

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I inquired with Forza about their stage 4 package and the price started at $13K not counting transport. Very pricey and upscale for the guys where money don't matter!
yea see thats ridiculous. And their stage 4 is just basic shit on a ported blower by jokerz. That could be had for a better deal IMO.

"
  • Ported Supercharger / Snout
  • Forza Supercharger Hub Assembly
  • Custom Upper Pulley
  • Stainless Long Tube Header System
  • Stainless Catted Midpipes
  • 10% Overdrive Crank Damper
  • PCM Modification
  • 160* Thermostat
  • Brisk Racing Spark Plugs
  • Forza Custom Fuel System Upgrade
  • Proper Belts, Gaskets & Seals
  • Professional Installation
  • Forza Engine Management Calibration
  • Color Print Out (displaying baseline / final results)
  • 12 Month / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
"

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yea that setup from most other shops is around $7-8K having them do it. I like how it's vague about the fuel system upgrades. They use BAP's though.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,239 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
733 Posts
Hey Linda,

The 250 price was if the tuner was just to remove the CEL. I asked him for a price to just remove that so I had a price to go back to the dealer with since they sold the car that way.

I am going to do some research, but the tuner that I have been to before said he has tuned Hellcats before and they run about $1300 for a 4 hour tuning session.

If anyone knows of a tuner in SO Indiana or Northern KY that has great results with Hellcats let me know. Forza use to be up here, but I have heard that once you have your car tuned by them, no one else can tune it because they lockdown their tunes. 🤷‍♂️

Chris
IMO..wrong shop if it takes 4 hours to tune an FI set up..

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,239 Posts
Hey Linda,

Your exhaust, with or without cats?

My wife's car is currently catless and curious if the track edition would end up being too loud for her. :)

Thanks,
Chris
It's a Cat back system.
Its more loud when you get on it.
But the Cold starts Awesome.
I really love it. I bet she will too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts