SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2443 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered 11/12/2018. Let the waiting begin.

Delivered 3/19/2019

Who’s on board? I’m seriously thinking about ordering a baby demon. Wish they would have given it a little power bump over the standard 392 powered cars but the toys might be enough by themselves to sway me. Also I heard rumor that the 11.7 claimed time was in Denver and if true down near sea level that should be worth another .2. Anyone else thinking hard about it or flat out getting on board?

Lots of good info in this thread. Read on!

1/4 mile runs:

·
Registered
368 Posts
No way it went 11.7 in Denver. That would be a real low 11 second pass at sea level. The engine isn't any different then the other 392's. The difference is being less weight. Most 392 cars with DR's will go low 12's with some in the 11's. My Daytona has gone 12.04 at 3575#. A challenger is about 200# lighter plus losing the seats should get you 11.7 with no problem

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m thinking now the only reason the Denver rumor exists is because most of the press material was at bandemier drag strip in Denver not because that is where the 11.7 was done.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Saw all the video's with Matt Hagan's new Hellcat funny car and 1320 right before the Mile High Nationals. Too bad Hagan's new car has not worked the way they hoped it would.

The 1320 is a cool ride! I had the water bottle a week after the press conference and got the t shirt at Road Kill nights in Detroit in August

·
Registered
615 Posts
1320 has (over the TA, Scat Pack or SRT) the trans brake, drive shaft and axles of the Demon. Valuable equipment to have to be able to run those 11 second runs consistently and more reliably than the other three cars. I'm moving up to a Red Eye, but would easily prefer the 1320 package over the Scat Pack Shaker I had for about the same money. The 1320 is ready to take straight to the track, whereas I needed to upgrade a number of items to get my Scat Pack to the same performance and reliability standard for street / strip use.

·
Registered
396 Posts
1320 has (over the TA, Scat Pack or SRT) the trans brake, drive shaft and axles of the Demon. Valuable equipment to have to be able to run those 11 second runs consistently and more reliably than the other three cars. I'm moving up to a Red Eye, but would easily prefer the 1320 package over the Scat Pack Shaker I had for about the same money. The 1320 is ready to take straight to the track, whereas I needed to upgrade a number of items to get my Scat Pack to the same performance and reliability standard for street / strip use.
I disagree. My Charger Daytona only needed a set of drag radials to perform similarly. Now with longtubes and a tune I run mid 11’s @ 117mph all day long in 80 degree heat and humidity. Can’t wait to go back soon with cooler air and a better DA.

The trans brake is not needed. Neither is the driveshaft and axles for the scat pack and 1320 power level.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well, you'd launch harder with a trans brake and if using a 17 or 18" 305 drag radial, you're going to need the better drive shaft and axles over the long run. Dodge is a bit limited with the drag radial they can realistically offer on the car, without having the wide body option. I believe it is a 275 x 20" low profile tire, which is far from optimum, but still did their 11.7 with it. I know the 392 is a beast (I had a 392 Scat Pack Shaker) and I know a guy with a SRT392 that ran 11.9s, pure stock except for 305x18 MTs, so I'm aware they run real well. But I'd gladly have traded the $4,000 Shaker option for the $4,000 1320 option and felt a lot more at ease about consistently beating on it at the track. If you're ever at the track and have to be towed home and do without the car as your daily driver for a while, you'll wish you had upgraded drivetrain components to go with the extra power mods you're adding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Okay fellas was able to make it out to the track today. Car ran 11.775 at 114.40 it was about 45 degrees with a 200 da. I removed the back seat only I left the front seat in. Car also had my dad's 18" replica hellcat wheels with nto5r 305/45/18's

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Were you able to weight it? I see you were at Milan so probably not.

1.66 60ft is great for stock. My Daytona's best is 1.72 which was at Milan. That is were you are making all your time

Looking at my 12.05 from Milan, you where 2mph faster in the 1/8 but only 1mph faster in the 1/4. My Daytona weighs 4600#. I'm thinking your car is at least 300# lighter then mine

Congrats on the 11"s!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Were you able to weight it? I see you were at Milan so probably not.

1.66 60ft is great for stock. My Daytona's best is 1.72 which was at Milan. That is were you are making all your time

Looking at my 12.05 from Milan, you where 2mph faster in the 1/8 but only 1mph faster in the 1/4. My Daytona weighs 4600#. I'm thinking your car is at least 300# lighter then mine

Congrats on the 11"s!
My scat pack challenger weighted 4060 ish without me in it. That’s the race wight with 17’s rear but 20’s front. No floor mats no books in dash no washer fluid and the rear trunk cover removed. Should weigh a little less today because on the 17’s on the front now. I’m about 190.
I need to weigh it at its current race weight I was trying for a 39xx weight of the car. So with my 1.54 60’s I’m getting it’s probably pretty close. I’m thinking of ordering one of those 2lbs battery’s. 392’s have the HP just need a diet

1 - 20 of 2443 Posts