SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2561 - 2578 of 2578 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
So, is there any consensus or date driven opinions on which is better for our cars.
The T/A intake ( Part Number: 77072436 with connector pipe for the headlight 68322216AA
OR the HC airbox with ?same connector pipe ot headlight? or does it need a diff one?

Big price difference approx $700 for T/A kit, $100-150 or so for HC airbox.
T/A SEEMS like a no brainer but........

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
why2kmax I'm not familiar with the T/A setup. Is it different or better than the Hellcat airbox & tube?
See post #754 on page 38 in this thread from Stormtrooper1320

Its a larger lower box like the HC, large cone filter, duct to the headlight (after you open it up) and sealed duct to the center hood scoop to pull in air from there also.

is it different, yes. Is it better? Seemingly it should be, but is it $600 better. Prob not but still....

·
Registered
434 Posts

Its a larger lower box like the HC, large cone filter, duct to the headlight (after you open it up) and sealed duct to the center hood scoop to pull in air from there also.

is it different, yes. Is it better? Seemingly it should be, but is it $600 better. Prob not but still....
Absolutely not , you’re paying for flash. Save your money. The hood scoop is suited for moving/cooling air through the engine bay , not for feeding the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts

Well this is new to me. I never knew about the under hood duct to the scoop. I am so glad I found this forum.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Added a scat pack tail stripe today while it was warm. All went well except for ONE side of course Need to order another piece but overall looks good. IMO.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So, is there any consensus or date driven opinions on which is better for our cars.
The T/A intake ( Part Number: 77072436 with connector pipe for the headlight 68322216AA
OR the HC airbox with ?same connector pipe ot headlight? or does it need a diff one?

Big price difference approx $700 for T/A kit, $100-150 or so for HC airbox.
T/A SEEMS like a no brainer but........
I have run both on my 1320. Lower IAT temps with the T/A cold air kit & MUCH quicker cool off of IAT’s. I have a like new Hellcat setup in the box if needed. Zero chance of it ever going back on my car.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Looks good and the way I'll go later in the year after my bank account recovers from Christmas and all the crap I did to my car in the last few weeks. Appreciate the offer on the HC box but already have one from a previous car. That will hold me over till the $$ comes back

·
Registered
496 Posts
Absolutely not , you’re paying for flash. Save your money. The hood scoop is suited for moving/cooling air through the engine bay , not for feeding the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey! Don't piss on my parade :)
That T/A setup works nice. I paid for that hood scoop and for the money it better scoop something other than air through my engine bay, especially if it's just going to get trapped there by that bottom panel. :)

2561 - 2578 of 2578 Posts