SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2721 - 2733 of 2733 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Latest issue with my Black Screen of Death. Since I had the dealer install the update/recall, now when I select "drag mode" the car does enter "drag mode" but the display shows engine/trans in "normal mode". I've seen this as being an issue on a YouTube video with other 1320 owners. Anybody else notice this after the update/recall?
I haven't gone to do my recall. Only because I haven't had any issues to begin with. Now hearing about how other 1320 owners have had problems after the "Update" makes me feel glad I Haven't done it. I don't HAVE to do the recall right?

·
Registered
In The Market
114 Posts
I believe the recall is for people having issues with the back up camera/black screen of death. If you have no issues, I think your good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe the recall is for people having issues with the back up camera/black screen of death. If you have no issues, I think your good!
Okay great thanks! I'm sorry to hear about the update causing you to have other issues man. Hope you able to get that fixed. So far I have had no issues with mine. I have about 16k miles on it already. I'm curious of any owners with a higher mileage can tell me what issues they have come across

·
Registered
5 Posts
Waiting for my 2021 To arrive. I want to have strip tires and wheels ready to go when it gets here so I’ve been pouring over all the wheel & tire posts. Looks like the drag stars are the most popular with 305/45/17 and

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oops didn’t finish post🤪 , to continue.....

and 18” X 6 M/T radial fronts.
The rear rims will be the 92 series 9.5” wide.

Two questions;
Has anyone had trouble with the 305’s slipping on the drag stars or do I need bead locks?

Am I making the right wheel and tire choice or does someone have a better choice and if so what specific wheel size are the wheels you recommend?

Thanks, sorry about the split post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sources tell me only 410 1320's were built for 2020.....inquiring minds want to know.

For tires rotating on the rims:

-Jump to 4:00 if you want the meat and potatoes. Granted, it's not a 1320 Challenger so he does not have the knurled rims. And neither will you if you swap out the rims, so it may be a factor for you. He does have suspension upgrades that may cause this. Just throwing it out there for info.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,598 Posts
Sources tell me only 410 1320's were built for 2020.....inquiring minds want to know.
Keep forgetting how crazy this year was, hopefully PLMCRZY will do the numbers for 2020.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealership just told me my 1320 is done and ready to ship. I am going to tell them not to put anything on the paint or interior. Just simply wash it. I’ll do the polish etc. I don’t want them to smear stuff like armor all etc.. all over it. Also going to have them save all paperwork , window sticker etc that comes with it. Any other ideas? I haven’t purchased a new car for 20 years. I usually find low Mileage used rigs so this is kinda a big deal for me.
Thanks for any input Or suggestions.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
154 Posts
The dealership just told me my 1320 is done and ready to ship. I am going to tell them not to put anything on the paint or interior. Just simply wash it. I’ll do the polish etc. I don’t want them to smear stuff like armor all etc.. all over it. Also going to have them save all paperwork , window sticker etc that comes with it. Any other ideas? I haven’t purchased a new car for 20 years. I usually find low Mileage used rigs so this is kinda a big deal for me.
Don't even let them "wash" it. Have you seen how dealerships wash cars?

·
Registered
8 Posts

I did the same thing. The only thing that was done to mine at the dealer was the PDI. I told them not to wash it, leave all paperwork in it, including a bill of lading from the deliverer. Asked them not to wash it and just leave it alone. They didn't even install those stupid looking shiny pedal covers. They are still in a sealed box in the trunk. I have all of the assembly line paperwork, shipping instructions, so on and so forth. Does it amount to anything? Hell, I don't know, but this car is documented as [email protected] Especially since I found out it is 1 of 2. Plus it's fun to kill time to do. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some times s___ just works out. I went to the dealership today after hearing a drag racing buddy of ours is back working at the service desk. Talked to him and the salesman and got it all set up. He’s going to handle the PDI himself and just do what they have to and leave the rest to me. Because he’s a racer he gets it..
Im delighted that I’ll have someone in service I know and trust. 😁😁😁 That was my biggest concern as I said, I usually buy used rigs and do the maintenance myself so using a dealership is new to me.

2721 - 2733 of 2733 Posts