SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there were a lot of past discussion on this topic (which I did read) but I could not find much feedback on how it worked out real life after installation. Any ABS issues/codes? Brake Fade? Disc warpage from overheating on shutdowns?

I have a 1320 on order and want to run a 15" rim on the back if it does not come with a lot of baggage. This car will be equipped with the smaller 4 piston Brembo calipers, so I cannot imagine much braking force loss, maybe a quicker heat build up due to the smaller rotor. Drag strip service obviously. Wish the 1320 just came this way but whatever.

The 2019HC has the larger calipers and wondering if there is a huge difference with this mod on the HCs. Only reason to do it to the HC is so I could use the 15" wheel setup on it also. Cost of the conversion is less than a set of new 17" bead locks and DRs for a car I won't race very often.

Any shared knowledge is appreciated.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
I have it on my car , never had a problem with brake fade or warped rotors. It’s been on the car over 5 years. you have to do some serious grinding to make the rims clear though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That certainly is a deterrent. Not feeling grinding on a $1000 rim. Guess that is to clear the caliper so close to the hub center?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
You need to grind down a couple of bolts not the rims , the reason I went with the 15 inch conversion was when I bought my car it had aftermarket 6 piston Baer brakes and only 20 inch rims would fit. So ,as I had to change the rear brakes anyway, I went with the tce the conversion. Wheels and tires are much cheaper in 15” as well. If my brakes were stock , I probably would have just went with a 17” rim. A lot of drag races on here have very good luck with them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus those tall, jiggly sidewalls for off-the-line traction.
Exactly- seems that the sidewall flex could maybe be the difference of breaking or not breaking traction. Well I'm just going to get the 17" bead locks for now- they will work on both cars but likely reside on the 1320 since it will go to the drag strip more often. Ill run the 1320 20" rim on the HC with the serrated bead on the rear wheels that should solve the tire slip issue. If that option proves out I wonder if more rim manufactures will offer it?

I appreciate the input from you two - I know you are both experienced with the HC platform - the 15" will go on when I decide to upgrade the 1320 motor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya that looks old school - love it. probably do the conversion this winter. Been waiting for the 1320 because of the covid shutdown and so on so just run 17s for this summer. are those 305 or 315s on your car? Any rub issues on launch? looks like you have that wheel well filled up lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
29.5 10.5 w 15” on 10.5 inch weld rims. Had to do the heatgun and rubber mallet trick on some parts of the plastic fender liner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts