SRT Hellcat Forum banner

162 allocations for Jailbreak?

19K views 85 replies 29 participants last post by  Jailbreakjoe 
That was 162 units for the month of Dec US orders. Come February it’s supposed to open up and the Dodge rep told my dealership there is NO limits on Jailbreak production, it is NOT a numbered car
First batch is said to begin production Feb.8 so we should start seeing them arrive to customers in about a month from now.
Feb 8 is when I was told my RE gets built.

Well, regardless how you feel on Dodge's hp ratings, the JB is rated the same as the SS, which puts the JB at the top end of the Hellcat lineup in terms of power, cost, and options availability.
YES! YES! YES! You are 100% correct. They are ‘ratings’ from Dodge. Everything is the same just rated different for an application.

Maybe so but I was mistakenly thinking the post was saying 162 total, there will def be more than that. Demons were also hard to get yet 3300 were built.
They are going to make more than 162. They are only going to make 162 in the first batch.
Everybody needs to quit comparing productions to prior cars. There was no pandemic and/or chip shortages when the Demon was produced.

Let me start by saying I have no knowledge or insight on any of this. I’m in the dark as much as everyone else. My dealer only gave me these papers when placing my order. I did notice the second page shows a JB instrument panel badge. I know someone asked about that in another thread.
View attachment 586848 View attachment 586849
Looks like there is allocation restrictions- based on 180 day previous HCREWB sales. So that means a big REWB dealer will get more cars than a local small town dealer.
This puts ALL the marbles in the big dealers court.

It’s still relevant regardless of chip, virus, other excuses. My post was about allocations. “Dealer A only has two allocations…”
”my dealer is getting zero allocations”
The same was said about Demons in order to charge ADM’s because of the limited production excuse. Now theyre using the chip shortage to limit allocations on JB only? Funny how we havent read about an allocation limit on RE’s even though theyre the same car. It’s def not about chips or viruses imo. If it was then all Hellcats, RE’s, SS, JB would have limited allocations.
It’s all about gouging on some hot new desirable model, same as in the past.
You are correct it is all about gouging. We don’t yet if there are going to be allocation issues with HC and RE too early to tell.
Now I see how they are doing the allocation (past 6mos sales on REWB) on JB they aren’t going to be everywhere and the big dealers will have some and small dealers may or may not get one.

I agree with everyone saying there’s no way to tell yet. It’s far too early in the production cycle - particularly because Brampton’s been closed for the last month - to tell how many they will or won’t make. It’s not a numbered car, either, so those that ordered first aren’t really going to see any benefit if they start ramping up production, besides getting their cars earlier than most others.

All I know is that it’s unusual for VINs and word on production levels to be so hard to come by from Dodge. This opaque marketing may be making money in the short term with dealers asking for 5-figure ADMs from customers, but I think it’s going to do more harm than good in the long run.
Not going to hurt them at all. It’s a big cash cow. They will sell every one they make.

I tried to order a jailbreak but it wouldn’t let them put red seatbelts with the gray interior so I just got frustrated and ordered a Bentley. Honestly about fed up with dodge. My screen hasn’t worked properly in my 22 TRX since day one and they havre replaced it to no avail and now tell me they are going to do an over the air update “someday” and I just have to deal with it till then. I did custom order a $97k truck for the thing that controls so much of the truck to be broken and told I just have to deal with it.
Is this goodbye?

I tried to order a jailbreak but it wouldn’t let them put red seatbelts with the gray interior so I just got frustrated and ordered a Bentley. Honestly about fed up with dodge. My screen hasn’t worked properly in my 22 TRX since day one and they havre replaced it to no avail and now tell me they are going to do an over the air update “someday” and I just have to deal with it till then. I did custom order a $97k truck for the thing that controls so much of the truck to be broken and told I just have to deal with it.
That would drive me bonkers

Not true about the small town dealers !
I ordered and purchased my Challenger WBRE from a local small dealer in Pennsylvania, 40 miles from Philadelphia. My salesman called me Feb. 2 and said he has 4 allocations for jailbreaks.
Don't discount those small local dealers.
Post the dealer name. Are they a Power Broker?
EVERY dealer says they have allocation because the system used to let them submit. Now they are finding out differently.
Post the dealer name.

Not true about the small town dealers !
I ordered and purchased my Challenger WBRE from a local small dealer in Pennsylvania, 40 miles from Philadelphia. My salesman called me Feb. 2 and said he has 4 allocations for jailbreaks.
Don't discount those small local dealers.
If you are referring to Chapman Dodge another poster says they are canceling JB orders now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.