SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for dupe post...I must've posted on an old post, and was recommended to post a new post here.

I have an 18 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, just purchased. Reset radio/nav settings to clear old information. Noticed that Nav location has me in another state, a lake??? No GPS signal. Also, compass isn't working correctly, driving N and shows like S or SW. Contacted Uconnect, Dodge, dealership. Everyone wants to pass me around. Dealer tells me to contact Uconnect to get update for FREE. Uconnect tells me to go to dealer to get TWO updates. Not available for download since there are two updates to fix this potentially. Dealer wants to charge me $150 for updates. Will this fix it? or is it a bad radio. I surely don't want to pay for something unnecessarily. Dodge told me that normally updates are free over the air or for download but my 18 dodge challenger is NEWER and requires dealer to install only--that is a first I've heard of this. Online Uconnect website says my car is up to date. So what gives? Anyone deal with anything like this? And dealer can't get me into shop for a month for a simple update. Called 3 dodge dealers in area. This is frustrating. I've had a dozen dodges in last 15 years and this is a first.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,196 Posts
Sorry for dupe post...I must've posted on an old post, and was recommended to post a new post here.

I have an 18 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, just purchased. Reset radio/nav settings to clear old information. Noticed that Nav location has me in another state, a lake??? No GPS signal. Also, compass isn't working correctly, driving N and shows like S or SW. Contacted Uconnect, Dodge, dealership. Everyone wants to pass me around. Dealer tells me to contact Uconnect to get update for FREE. Uconnect tells me to go to dealer to get TWO updates. Not available for download since there are two updates to fix this potentially. Dealer wants to charge me $150 for updates. Will this fix it? or is it a bad radio. I surely don't want to pay for something unnecessarily. Dodge told me that normally updates are free over the air or for download but my 18 dodge challenger is NEWER and requires dealer to install only--that is a first I've heard of this. Online Uconnect website says my car is up to date. So what gives? Anyone deal with anything like this? And dealer can't get me into shop for a month for a simple update. Called 3 dodge dealers in area. This is frustrating. I've had a dozen dodges in last 15 years and this is a first.

Try pulling Fuse F37 for 30 seconds with engine off located in the fuse box next to the battery.

If you spend $150 & it doesn't work, get a refund.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
177 Posts
Honestly this Uconnect thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth. Given the future of cars is going to be a very “cell phone” like experience Dodge is on my “won’t buy” list now.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solution found. Dealer immediately said replace radio in its troubleshooting steps. My extended warranty will cover it. Parts ordered and waiting. Good news (for now)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts