SRT Hellcat Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
124 Posts
How many miles can I get out of my Cat with oil temps in the 185-190 deg range maybe 100-200k? I hope to have a 411 stroker installed before then. Also what is the stock oil pressure with factory stat compared to 180deg stat? What kind of wear occurs in colder temps with a stock Hellcat that is not fully warmed up? Should we never drive the car when its cold outside, and is this car really intended to be a garage queen? Do mustangs and camaros have these issues? Maybe I should trade mine now before it blows up since its running somewhat cooler than stock. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is probably a stupid question but why can we not just hook up an auxiliary switch to turn the fans on earlier, will that set a cel off?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,231 Posts
This is probably a stupid question but why can we not just hook up an auxiliary switch to turn the fans on earlier, will that set a cel off?
Like a low temp T-Stat the auxiliary switch is a solution looking for a problem.

Besides if an engine is running hot it is ultimately a problem with cooling capacity. The cooling system even though it is in good condition is just not able to deal with the heat load the engine can generate under the operating conditions to which it it being subjected.

This can be due to a number of things (to name a few) a too low a flow water pump or inadequate radiator surface area or inadequate air flow through through the radiator. It is not due to a T-stat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is my understanding that the fan(s) are in form their own relay. The pcm has a trigger wire(pwm) to cycle them. I assume its using the ground to turn on so couldn't we just use the switch as a simple spat?

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
95 Posts
Funny how times have changed. My 69 427 Biscayne has a 160 thermostat and never goes above 180 while running .Will go up to about 210 after I stop but comes right down to 180 once moving. Not Hellcat fast but a lot of fun. View attachment 524259
That’s sweet I also have a 427 yenko 69 Camaro 4-speed 4:11 gears Lemans blue

101 - 110 of 110 Posts