SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been lurking for months, bought my 2021 HCRE Just after the middle of March. After wanting a Hellcat, lurking here and then buying my car, my first comment is WTF is going on with all the comments on here from people who are ordering their cars? I looked online for a few weeks, called 4 dealers in my local area, went to one dealer 2 miles from my house that had 3 (pitch black, granite and triple nickel) super stocks at their store and ended up buying an octane red RE (not a SS) from a dealer about 12 miles from my house. Reached a deal via online/phone on Monday morning, had a buddy from work drop me at the dealer at 2:30 in the afternoon and was driving home at 3:30. 6 years at zero %. Sales guy was great. My wife has had cancer twice, none of us know how long we have, but one thing is certain, life is short. I took Tuesday off and was driving along the beach with my wife on our way to breakfast. I didn’t want to do a restomod because I wanted to enjoy my car now. Ordering a car and waiting for delivery never even occurred to me. In this age, we can seal a deal online with any dealer in the country, buy a plane ticket and be driving our car within hours. No need to sit with your d$&* in your hand waiting for August to get here so you can drive your HC at the END of summer. You can get a car tomorrow so do it and start enjoying it now, it’s worth it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
Welcome aboard. The reason a lot of people order is usually a few things. Getting exactly what you want and not taking options you dont want unless youre really lucky or not very picky. Usually the bigger one is pricing. Dealers are notorious for holding out for more money from the impulse buyer. Hard pass on being that guy. Order in Jan/Feb, have your car for spring time. Solves the whole waiting until Aug thing. Buying dealer stock never even occurrs to me lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard. The reason a lot of people order is usually a few things. Getting exactly what you want and not taking options you dont want unless youre really lucky or not very picky. Usually the bigger one is pricing. Dealers are notorious for holding out for more money from the impulse buyer. Hard pass on being that guy. Order in Jan/Feb, have your car for spring time. Solves the whole waiting until Aug thing. Buying dealer stock never even occurrs to me lol.
Buying dealer stock doesn’t mean you didn’t get a good deal. Ordering and waiting, whether it’s for spring or August, absolutely means you aren’t enjoying your car while you’re waiting. And if I did pay more, the time I spent with my wife the day after I bought the car made it all worth it. Hard pass on holding my d#$&, waiting for my car on order and praying my wife makes it through another round of chemo and is able to go for a ride. The Yeah, real hard pass on that.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
It depends on your position, of course.

You have your reasons, which are valid, but some other areas just don't have ANY inventory/stock because of the plant shutdown and/or chip shortage. It sounds like you got lucky having a bunch of inventory around & them having a car you wanted.
Other areas are just being dumb and charging markups though. I get it if you WANT the car now, but if you could wait for 1-2 months and save $15k....some might value that more than paying $5-10K or more over MSRP because the dealer is being greedy.
Or some people want specific options on a car and figure if they're going to pay $80k or whatever....get it how you want it, instead of settling for what's out there right now (on the lot).

Regardless....enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
308 Posts
Ordering a car and waiting for delivery never even occurred to me.
Some people have their suits custom tailored, some buy off the rack. Like you, I'm the latter. But I also understand the excitement and the lure of custom ordering a new car, especially one that costs as much as a HC or RE. If you're gonna spend close to the equivalent of what a house cost 20 years ago on a car, you should get what you want.

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
124 Posts
Congratulations, I ended up ordering as I wanted a particular color and particular options, without the dealer fluff about invoice. The local salesmen had the never to say the Charger Hellcat and Scat Pack were super rare haha. GTFOH I said in my head, and order from another state. At any rate OP show us some pictures!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
Congrats. Pretty soon, Challengers will have as many model names as Mercedes Benz............ :)

·
HOTM Winner
221 Posts
Welcome in and Congrat's from Kentucky -

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
661 Posts
Seems like some areas have great stock, and other have nothing (like my corner). Great to hear you are in a fruitful area! And yes, pics please!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,213 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
Congrats on finding and purchasing a HC you really enjoy.
My husband has passed @Top Cat
His motto was "Live for the Day" I've always been happy with how his last years of his life was. He truly was doing and enjoying us at the Strip with our Hellcats. Together we were T&T R&D of parts and Tuning which he loved!
He brought the news from the track of what was working and what was not. Really pioneering the way with [email protected] back in 2015. We had a great time and it makes me happy to remember.
Now there are so many different ways to mod or tune a Hellcat now. But my husband didn't care about our warranty's then he wanted us to go Fassst and loved the friendly competition and push others to go Fasssst too!

Enjoy All the Fassst Fun!

Linda :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts