SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be coming into a bit of money - and had an idea.
I have a pristine 2017 Hellcat Charger. (10K miles and never raced. A few cosmetic, wheel, and tire upgrades which could be returned to stock as I kept all the originals except the tires which were repurposed).

The 2021 Charger Red Eye wide body. This is how I would spec it.

I would change the exhaust tips to black 5"
I would vinyl over the bright interior to carbon fiber.
I would change the rear tires to 315s.

Would you do it?
How much extra would you pay for a trade?

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,172 Posts
I think the interior and the Green exterior that you are choosing, looks really nice together.
I like the combination of everything.

I'm not sure about the trade of $$$$
@Slowpoke387 might be able to help with that question.

But I'd go for it if I were you.

Good Luck!

Linda :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi,

Like the color combo myself, F8 is a nice uncommon choice. The widebody Chargers do look nice.

Good luck with the decision

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: Scottb

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
338 Posts
The real problem will be getting the value for your old car....because the market seems to be saturated with used Hellcats atm... love the choice though, fantastic setup!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,521 Posts
Personally I think the Octane crushes the F8 green. Theres zero way I would switch to that. Just my personal taste.
As far as a trade, you're prob looking at getting roughly $45k in trade depending on who you deal with. You can shoot for more obviously and it’s probably worth $50k-ish on the open market so selling it on your own will net you more but you may be giving up a good chunk of sales tax credit depending on what state you’re in. Sometimes going through the hassle of selling it for more ends up being sort of a wash so trading it in is just easier.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
708 Posts
I love green cars. Both of my Ford classics were green, as well as my 1,024whp 2015 Mustang...

But as a collector who visits auctions and the like, green is not the color of money. It's a polarizing color in fact. Cars that are red, black, white, silver, grey... You can get people to take any one of those colors. But blues and greens in particular, it could be the perfect car with just the right options, but some folks just will not drive a green car. Old school drivers often won't drive a blue car. "A blue hotrod? Are you stupid?" I've heard people say that, and I don't understand it, but it's a thing apparently.

Buuuut, back to green. My Mustang trophied in quite a few shows. But it also didn't even place in a lot more. I've had judges who loved it, and I've had judges who thought a hopped-up green Mustang was outright stupid. So, just be advised. Green brings out the best and worst in car people.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,954 Posts
The WB Chargers look awesome... I'm not a fan of F8 but that color combo looks really sharp. I agree BM wheels would make it even better. The question is can you... or do you want to... take the hit on the trade. Good Luck... tough decision.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone for your comments. Much appreciated.
Lots to think about.
To me, this feels like another end of the previous muscle car era (1968-71).

I kept my first MOPAR - 2006 Magnum SRT8. 100K miles. Silver. Some damage.

My other car is my Octane 1017 Charger Hellcat.

If the Charger Red Eye is the last of the breed, I am interested.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,315 Posts
Get the Orange caliper option and have the rear tail lights tinted. Love F8 with sepia interior. That’s how I’d option it. I’d go F8/Sepia or Frostbite/Indigo/Demonic. Love the new Charger widebody redeyes !

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,396 Posts
I have come "into" some money twice over the years. I never spent any of it on cars.

I banked/invested the money. Some of it is set aside to use to buy a house when this COVID stuff goes away.

You have a low miles relatively new Hellcat. 10K miles is 2500 miles per year. Why you would want to take a bath on your current car from depreciation and then start the depreciation all over again with a higher starting point with a new and more expensive car is beyond me.

Bank/invest the money and then drive the car you have more.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,862 Posts
The way I look at it is this..... If your responsible and your life is in order, do what you want. The f8 looks good with that interior, and would pop more with brass monkey wheels.....
Personally, I would buy white and get it sprayed sublime....... :alien:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts