SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wonder if I could get the dealership to put in my stock PCM, flash it, then take it out and put my Diablo PCM back in. haha

2016 Charger Hellcat and I got my letter in the mail yesterday and got a Uconnect vehicle report with the recall notice on it as well.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Wonder if I could get the dealership to put in my stock PCM, flash it, then take it out and put my Diablo PCM back in. haha

2016 Charger Hellcat and I got my letter in the mail yesterday and got a Uconnect vehicle report with the recall notice on it as well.
Good luck BigRob your going to need it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
900 Posts
what are you guys with mods doing?.. gonna just forget it?..if I had mods I wouldn't even consider it..

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Too bad it isn't available as a download (usb stick), so maybe it wouldn't screw up our custom tunes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wondering if I should take the Tazer out and unmarry it before having this done. I am not sure how the Tazer works or if reflashing/updating the PCM will effect anything with it. Any opinions?

EDIT: I emailed zauto and they said that the Tazer doesn't mess with the PCM so you don't need to unmarry it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Most all automatics from 2015 to the present will eventually be in the recall although it may take a little time to show up. There was even a post on another forum where the dealer refused to release a 2018 SRT to the new owner until the recall was completed.
True - Got my recall notice last week. 2015 A8...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I would say that’s not true but, but the cal I’d of the pcm and tcm is updated and any tune or tuner you have will no longer work.
So what would we need to do if we have unlocked PCM's with a tune?

Restore the factory tune and unmarry the handheld? Then let the dealer flash? Then re-apply the PCM/TCM tune?

Seems logical but I want to know if this is what others have done before.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I had to have the factory pcm installed while there and then have the update performed, then reinstall unlocked pcm and send a read file back to the tuner and have an updated tune emailed back to be written back into my unlocked pcm. It was a pain for sure.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,282 Posts
I reinstalled the factory tune prior to the update. Of course the HHP tune and Diablo tuner did not support the new Cal ID’s. So I had to allow the Diablo to revert my car back to the old Cal ID’s and reinstall the HHP tune, bad mistake. I’ve been getting repeat P0103 codes for weeks now and no help from HHP. What a mistake every spending good money on the Diablo and HHP products. NEVER AGAIN.

·
Registered
194 Posts
People should probably learn that a custom tune only goes with a specific calibration on the PCM. Once you have that updated at the dealer your custom tune has to be updated for the new calibration. You can't just expect the old one to still work.

·
Registered
493 Posts
OK, so there's really no way around it. Once you got a tune, avoid any kind of flash from the dealer....even the critical recall ones. Nice.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Just so you know, recently Diablo stopped playing nice with all others. You can no long get an unlocked PCM from Diablo and use any other tuning software such as HPT. I just went through this whole fiasco.

·
Registered
56 Posts
People should probably learn that a custom tune only goes with a specific calibration on the PCM. Once you have that updated at the dealer your custom tune has to be updated for the new calibration. You can't just expect the old one to still work.
I don't understand why you could not put your factory pcm back in, get the update and then put your Diablo unlocked pcm back in and carry on as usual. Of course the unlocked pcm would not have the update. Just for resale concerns.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts