SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Well I have gotten the issues resolved with driveshaft etc and heard back from one dodge dealer here that they won't look at the SC to warranty. How are you guys going about this? Car is a 2015 with just under 16k miles and rotors have made contact with each other in the back.

I have all the items sitting to upgrade the pulley etc but wanted to try with other dealer to get this resolved before shelling out to fix this with Magnuson or a Whipple.

The car only has Driveshaft, Unlocked ECU, Shifter, and Exhaust. The ECU has not been downloaded to however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like its rubbing down into the metal rotor. If its was my car, I would stop driving it and have Jon Bond rebuild it for about $2500. If you have an aftermarket pulley on the SC or on the crank, that is why the dealership will not warranty the SC. Bond can do a Stage 3 rebuild, which will hold up to the higher RPM from a mod pulley.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like its rubbing down into the metal rotor. If its was my car, I would stop driving it and have Jon Bond rebuild it for about $2500. If you have an aftermarket pulley on the SC or on the crank, that is why the dealership will not warranty the SC. Bond can do a Stage 3 rebuild, which will hold up to the higher RPM from a mod pulley.
Yeah I have a stack of parts to go in pulley, pumps etc but stopped when I was taking SC to install pulley and found this. Unfortunately since it sat for 4 months ran the warranty out longer cause drive shaft shop.

I talked to Jon and probably will go that route since jokerz said it's not repairable. Just don't know if I want to spend the $2500 or just save for magnuson and get rid of stock one cause how long will it last compared to magnuson.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
102 Posts
Jokerz will tell you it’s a “boat anchor”. If it can be fixed, Jon Bond can do it. Luckily 2.4L parts are easy to find. 2.7 not so much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts