Four Engines, Four Doors, Eight-speeds and Up To A World-leading 204 mph: Dodge Announces Pricing for Its New 2015 Charger Model Lineup
Dodge unleashes the Quickest, Fastest and Most Powerful Sedan in the world, along with the most capable and technologically advanced Charger lineup ever with a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $27,995
- The Dodge and SRT brands take America's only four-door muscle car and offer the most comprehensive sedan lineup ever, loaded with even more performance, technology and world-class hardware:
- As the most-equipped entry Charger model ever, the new Charger SE model includes the award-winning 292-horsepower Pentastar V-6 engine now mated to the state-of-the-art TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission for an EPA estimated 31 mpg on the highway, more technology features including a larger 5.0-inch Uconnect touchscreen and new 7-inch full-color driver information display, plus the availability of all-wheel drive for 2015 and a starting U.S. MSRP of $27,995 (all prices exclude $995 destination)
- Charger SXT models for 2015 now include Uconnect Access for even more connectivity, plus additional comfort and convenience features including 18-inch aluminum wheels with enhanced style, LED fog lamps and a starting U.S. MSRP of $29,995
- All 370-horsepower Dodge Charger R/T models now come standard with the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, paddle shifters, rear spoiler and large 20-inch wheels for 2015; starting U.S. MSRP of $32,995
- All-new 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack model (late availability) features a 6.4-liter HEMI V-8, punching out a best-in-class, naturally aspirated 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque, Dodge Performance Pages, red four-piston Brembo brakes and 20-by-9-inch aluminum wheels with a starting U.S. MSRP of $39,995 and no gas guzzler tax
- New for 2015, the Plus Group provides more than $3,700 of comfort and convenience features with an MSRP of only $2,000 on Charger SXT and R/T models; and includes ventilated Nappa leather sport seats, heated steering wheel and second-row seats, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, polished cast-aluminum wheels with Graphite pockets, ParkSense rear park assist system, ParkView rear backup camera and more
- Driven by the five SRT performance hallmarks, the new 2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392 and Charger SRT Hellcat are designed and engineered to be the most powerful, aggressive and technologically advanced four-door muscle cars in the world
- New Charger SRT 392 delivers the same 485 horsepower, plus new six-piston front Brembo brakes, 20 x 9.5-inch wide forged wheels, all-season Pirelli P-zero 275/40ZR20 tires, three-mode adaptive suspension, all-new Drive Modes to personally tailor the driving experience and the SRT Track experience with a starting U.S. MSRP of $47,385
- The world's quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan ever: all-new Charger SRT Hellcat features a supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 Hellcat engine, producing 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque and recently achieved an NHRA-certified 11.0-second quarter-mile time, is available with a starting U.S. MSRP of $63,995, including $1,700 gas guzzler tax
- Dodge designers re-sculpt and refine nearly every exterior panel on the new 2015 Dodge Charger and add dramatic LED lighting in both front and rear
- New interior design elements, including thick-rim three-spoke steering wheels, customizable 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID) cluster, premium materials and a choice of 19 trim and color combinations
- Upgraded rear-wheel-drive (RWD) architecture with advanced technological solutions include electric power steering (EPS), all-new cast-aluminum axles and housing, plus more comprehensive Sport Mode II which enables sport-tuned steering, pedal, engine and transmission calibration, plus rear-biased torque on AWD models for more dynamic handling
- Charger offers more than 80 standard and available safety and security features, including new-for-2015 Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus with Full Stop, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic gridlines and 9-1-1 call/Assist Call
- Significant new available technology upgrades feature all-new class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen media center with Uconnect Access system and new class-exclusive 7-inch DID cluster, performance inspired electronic shifter with AutoStick and Keyless Enter 'n Go with push-button start across all models
- Charger sales have grown 62 percent since 2009, twice the growth of the full-size car segment and fueling a 3.2 percentage point gain in market share
- Charger buyers on average are 17 years younger than those of the competition within the segment
- October 17, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Once again the Dodge brand is breaking the rules. With power, precision and performance once reserved for premium brands and exotic supercars – the 2015 Dodge Charger lineup is single handedly shifting the paradigm of what a full-size sedan can be. From the segment's first TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission now standard on every Charger model for best-in-class V-6 fuel economy; to the new Charger SRT Hellcat, the world's quickest, fastest and most powerful rear-wheel-drive sedan – America's only four-door muscle car stands in a class by itself, now with a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $27,995 (all prices exclude $995 destination).
"The Dodge Charger is a performance car that carves its own niche and cuts straight through the segments and perceptions of what a full-size sedan can or should be," said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO – Dodge and SRT. "With the new 2015 Charger, we're pushing the boundaries of what a full-size sedan can or should be even further. We've seriously modernized the look and feel and added a standard eight-speed transmission across the lineup. The Charger is now tighter, leaner and more athletic, without sacrificing the proportions, performance, driving dynamics, attitude and price that attracted customers in the first place."
From stomping out National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)-certified quarter-mile times of 11.0 seconds on street tires, delivering a best-in-class 31 mpg on the highway, or blasting through snow drifts with the segment's most technologically advanced AWD system – the new 2015 Dodge Charger lineup is ready to take America's roadways by storm.
2015 Dodge Charger pricing (all prices exclude $995 destination)
The 2015 Charger is available in nine key models: SE, SE AWD, SXT, SXT AWD, R/T, R/T Road & Track, R/T Scat Pack, SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat.
Dodge Charger SE $27,995
Dodge Charger SE AWD $30,995
Dodge Charger SXT $29,995
Dodge Charger SXT AWD $32,995
Dodge Charger R/T $32,995
Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track $35,995
Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack $39,995
Dodge Charger SRT 392 $47,385
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat $63,995
Younger buyers and twice the growth rate of its segment since 2009
The Charger's appeal is attracting a high number of conquest buyers, helping drive a 62-percent increase in sales since 2009 – more than double the growth of the standard full-size car segment (up 30 percent). In 2013, Charger posted its best sales year since 2007, further fueling a 3.2 percentage point gain in market share since 2009.
Dodge Charger's combination of aggressive and youthful image, standard full-size functionality and world-class engineering and quality resonates with young and affluent buyers. Charger buyers are on average 15 years younger than those of the competition within the segment, with more than half identifying themselves as Millennials or Generation Xers, many with young families.
Charger's most comprehensive performance lineup ever
For 2015, Dodge Charger is totally updated, features a standard across the lineup new state-of-the-art eight-speed automatic transmission and several new models, including the all-new Charger SRT Hellcat, SRT 392 and R/T Scat Pack models, all of which highlight the added performance to the new 2015 Dodge Charger lineup.
Dodge Charger SE
As the most-equipped entry Charger model ever, the new Charger SE model has a starting U.S. MSRP of $27,995 and offers more standard equipment than any of its direct standard full-size competitors, but does so at a mid-size price.
The Charger SE is for the individual looking for comfort, handling, iconic styling and value and includes the following new appointments for 2015: segment-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission with electronic shifter featuring AutoStick, three-mode electric power steering (EPS), bi-function automatic halogen projector beam headlamps, LED-illuminated daytime running lamps, customizable 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID) instrument cluster, Uconnect 5-inch touchscreen with AM/FM/Bluetooth, two USB charging outlets and new three-spoke thick rim sport leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio, vehicle and cruise controls.
Additional standard features on the SE model include the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with 292 horsepower, signature LED-illuminated "racetrack" tail lamp, black grille with Satin Chrome crosshairs, body-color front fascia with body-color accent, body-color rear fascia with accent and integrated dual chrome exhaust ports, body-color power-adjustable mirrors, parallel-action variable intermittent speed-sensitive windshield wipers, 17-inch dual five-spoke Satin Silver cast-aluminum wheels on rear-wheel-drive (RWD) models, P215/65R17 BSW all-season performance tires, touring brake system, touring tuned suspension, 195-mm rear axle, 160-amp alternator and capless fuel filler door.
On the inside, the Charger SE features standard Dark Brushed interior accent bezels, media hub with SD-card reader, USB input, and auxiliary audio input, six-speaker audio system, air conditioning with dual-zone climate controls and rear outlets, full-length floor console, cell phone storage, two 12-volt power outlet, satin die-cast door handles, manual day and night rearview mirror with microphone, front overhead console, LED-illuminated rear assist handles, LED rear-seat reading courtesy lamps, 140-mph analog speedometer, LED back-lit illumination, black cloth seats, six-way power driver seat, 60/40 split and fold rear seat, rear seat armrest with cup holders, leather-wrapped electronic shifter, manual tilt-and-telescoping steering column, electronic throttle control (ETC), and Keyless Enter 'n Go with push-button start.
Standard safety features include seven airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), all-speed traction control system (TCS), Brake Assist, brake/park interlock, electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), brake override, Rain Brake Support, electronic stability control (ESC), Ready Alert Braking and much more.
Available options on the SE model include a sunroof with universal garage door opener, engine block heater, as well as the Sport Appearance Group (RWD model only) and the Popular Equipment Group.
Dodge Charger SXT
The 2015 Dodge Charger SXT model has a starting U.S. MSRP of $29,995 and adds even more connectivity, comfort and convenience features and enhanced style. Standard features on the SXT model build off the standard equipment on the SE model and include LED fog lamps, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth 3-D navigation capability and Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, cloth sport seats with 12-way power driver seat, including four-way power lumbar, heated front seats and heated power-adjustable mirrors, remote start, automatic-dimming rearview mirror, three-spoke thick-rim leather-wrapped steering wheel with quicksilver accents, leather-wrapped electronic shift knob, automatic dual-zone climate control with individual driver and passenger settings, front overhead console with LED dome lamp, HomeLink universal garage door opener, Alpine premium audio system with six speakers and 276-watt eight-channel amplifier, shark-fin antenna, 18-inch five-spoke painted Satin Carbon cast-aluminum wheels and P235/55R18 BSW all-season performance tires.
Dodge Charger SE AWD and SXT AWD
The 2015 Dodge Charger SE AWD and Charger SXT AWD models have a starting U.S. MSRP of $30,995 and $32,995, respectively. In addition to the standard content on the rear-wheel-drive models, the new for 2015 Charger SE AWD and new Charger SXT AWD models feature the segments most technologically advanced AWD system that includes a fuel-saving active transfer case with front axle disconnect. In addition, P235/55R19 all-season performance tires wrap 19-inch dual five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels with a polished face and graphite pockets.
Dodge Charger R/T
The 2015 Dodge Charger R/T is America's most affordable V-8 sedan and has a starting U.S. MSRP of $32,995, including the now standard eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic.
With its legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine that delivers 370 horsepower and 395 lb.-ft. of torque combined with four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology and new for 2015 a standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission with electronic shifter, steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, a performance-tuned suspension with larger disc brakes and standard Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen, the Charger R/T is designed for the customer who demands V-8 power, rail-like handling and state-of-the-art technology in an affordable package. In addition to the standard equipment on the Dodge Charger SXT, the Charger R/T model includes 20-inch five-spoke Satin Carbon aluminum wheels, P235/55R18 BSW all-season performance tires, rear deck lid-mounted body-colored spoiler, performance-tuned suspension and exhaust, performance brake package and sport seats.
Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track
Designed for enthusiasts who demand more performance and heritage from their Dodge Charger R/T, the Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track has a starting U.S. MSRP of $35,995 and includes the features of the R/T and adds the Super Track Pak with Dodge Performance Pages, 3-mode electronic stability control, heavy-duty brakes and track suspension; a matte black grille with a heritage "R/T" badge, bi-function high-intensity discharge (HID) projector head lamps, 20-inch dual five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels with polished face and black pockets, P245/45ZR20 all-season performance tires (P245/45ZR20 three season performance tires optional), rear differential with 3.07 axle ratio, heated and ventilated Nappa leather and Alcantara suede performance seats with larger side bolsters, heated steering wheel, driver's seat memory, power-adjustable pedals and steering column with memory, performance engine and transmission calibration and high-speed engine controller, ParkSense rear park assist system and vehicle security alarm.
Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack
As the sweet spot in the 2015 Dodge Charger lineup, the all-new R/T Scat Pack has a starting U.S. MSRP of $39,995. For the hardcore Dodge enthusiast who demands best-in-class horsepower and torque with track-proven hardware, the R/T Scat Pack includes the features of the R/T model and adds best-in-class 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque from the 6.4-liter HEMI powertrain to the TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission with 3.09 rear-axle ratio; active exhaust system with 4-inch round exhaust tips, aluminum performance hood with NACA duct, front and rear performance fascias, performance side sills and Satin Black spoiler; performance steering wheel with rev-matching paddle shifters, Dodge Performance Pages, R/T Scat Pack high-performance interior with performance seats in Black Ballistic II cloth with Scat Pack logos embroidered; red Brembo four-piston caliper front brakes with three-mode electronic stability control (ESC), high-performance suspension,; 20-by-9-inch polished aluminum wheels;, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth, 3-D navigation-capability and Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, six premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier, aluminum pedals, customizable 7-inch full-color DID instrument cluster with Scat Pack splash graphic, 180-mph speedometer, ParkView rear backup camera, ParkSense rear park assist, Scat Pack grille badge, HEMI 392 fender badges along with a black Charger and heritage R/T badge on the deck lid.
Dodge Charger SRT 392
The 2015 Charger SRT 392 is powered by a 392-cubic-inch (6.4-liter) HEMI V-8 engine with 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque, increases of 15 horsepower and 5 lb.-ft. of torque over the 2014 model year. Building off the R/T Scat Pack, the Charger SRT 392 features unique 20-by-9.5-inch wide Slingshot forged Hyper Black aluminum wheels with new P275/40ZR-20 Pirelli tires, the largest brakes ever offered in a Chrysler Group vehicle, including 15.4-inch front brakes, Brembo six-piston calipers with two-piece slotted and vented rotors, SRT-tuned high-performance adaptive damping suspension (ADS), rear body-color spoiler, SRT Performance Pages with launch control, available Harman Kardon premium audio system with 19 Green Edge speakers and 900-watt amplifier, high-performance Nappa leather seats with Alcantara suede inserts, heated and ventilated front seats, unique SRT flat-bottom three-spoke heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilt and telescoping column and red push-button start.
The 2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392 model has a starting U.S. MSRP of $47,385 and includes one day of driving at the SRT Driving Experience designed for owners to maximize their driving knowledge and skills on the street or track.
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
The 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat takes the performance sedan world by storm. The world's quickest, fastest, most powerful sedan with power and performance figures once reserved for exotics has a starting U.S. MSRP of $63,995 (including $1,700 gas-guzzler tax) and includes one day of driving at the SRT Driving Experience designed for owners to maximize their driving knowledge and skills on the street or track.
The new Charger SRT Hellcat features the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat V-8 engine, which produces 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque and clocked an NHRA-certified quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.0 seconds, making it the quickest, fastest, most powerful production sedan in the world, as well as the most capable and technologically advanced four-door muscle car in America.
Additionally, the SRT Hellcat adds the following equipment to the Charger SRT 392 model: two key fobs – red and black – to control engine output; SRT Performance Pages with boost gauge, unique SRT flat-bottom three-spoke steering wheel finished with Gunmetal accents; Dark Spun aluminum accents, 7-inch DID with 200 mph speedometer, aluminum performance hood with NACA duct and dual air extractors, Slingshot forged-aluminum wheels with Matte Black or Brass Monkey/Dark Bronze finish; and Hellcat fender badges.
Perfect blend of power and personalization
In addition to Dodge Charger's world-class power, precision and performance – an array of personalization options offer customers at every price class the chance to make America's four-door coupe their very own.
High-impact heritage hues keep it hot
Like all Dodge muscle cars, the Charger is known for rocking some of the most recognizable paint colors in the automotive world. The 2015 model year continues this tradition by bringing TorRed and B5 Blue heritage colors back into production, along with Redline Red Tri-coat Pearl, Jazz Blue Pearl, Granite Crystal Metallic, Billet Silver Metallic, Pitch Black, Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl, Ivory Tri-coat Pearl and Bright White.
Cockpit crafted from inspired colors and world-class materials
A total of 19 interior color and trim combinations are available on the 2015 Dodge Charger, including Black and Tungsten cloth, Black and Pearl leather, and Black and Ruby Red leather.
Three interior environments are exclusive to the all-new Charger R/T Scat Pack interior. Most notable are performance seats with Scat Pack embroidery on Black Ballistic II cloth, or premium Black, or Ruby Red and Black, heated and ventilated Nappa leather with Alcantara suede inserts. Other unique appointments include a performance steering wheel with paddle shifters, "Scat Pack" startup screen splash, bright pedals and dark brushed interior accents.
Four interior trim combinations are available on the 2015 Charger SRT models: Black or Black & Ruby Red Nappa leather performance seats with Alcantara suede inserts, accent stitching and embroidered SRT logo along with Black or Black & Sepia Laguna leather performance seats, accent stitching and embossed SRT logo.
Ten different ways to roll on twenties
In addition, all Charger models receive new wheels for 2015. A total of 14 wheel options are available with 20-inch wheels standard on R/T models. In fact, 10 different 20-inch wheels are available on Charger for 2015, including an R/T Scat Pack-exclusive 20-by-9-inch polished-aluminum wheel with black pockets. Additionally, a 20-by-9-inch forged aluminum wheel finished in matte Hyper Black II paint is available.
All Charger SRT models receive Slingshot split-seven spoke 20-by-9.5-inch, lightweight forged-aluminum wheels in Hyper Black on the SRT 392 or standard Matte Black on Hellcat with Brass Monkey/Dark Bronze finish available.
Built at Chrysler Group LLC's Brampton, Ontario, assembly plant, the 2015 Dodge Charger arrives at Dodge dealerships nationwide before the end of the year. The 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat is scheduled to start production in the first quarter of 2015.