SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving today and noticed that the volume was increasing on its own. I looked over and the volume bar said 22, then 23 then 24 until I turned it down manually. I find that super strange. I was streaming Spotify when it was happening. My Uconnect is up to date. My car suffers with the auto volume increase once you start driving even though its turned off. But in this case it was like someone was using the knob/back of the steering wheel to turn up the volume. Anyone else experience this? I've had the car for 5 years and this is the first time I have noticed this.

R.K.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,317 Posts
Spotify has a car mode that could've turned it up but you'd notice a different interface on your phone and you wouldnt see the car change numbers. Possible you have a short due to vibration or something, because nothing else would cause you seeing an increase of numbers on the screen besides your steering or radio volume control modules.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
I was driving today and noticed that the volume was increasing on its own. I looked over and the volume bar said 22, then 23 then 24 until I turned it down manually. I find that super strange. I was streaming Spotify when it was happening. My Uconnect is up to date. My car suffers with the auto volume increase once you start driving even though its turned off. But in this case it was like someone was using the knob/back of the steering wheel to turn up the volume. Anyone else experience this? I've had the car for 5 years and this is the first time I have noticed this.

R.K.
Ha, I had the same thing happen this afternoon, first time ever, must of been Serius XM doing it

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,102 Posts
Odd, my 2015 does that with my flash drive music, but I have the auto-volume adjustment off. I still haven't figured it out.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
386 Posts

R.K.
Hi Radride,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this. We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here; we kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer.
Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Radride,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this. We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here; we kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer.
Rob
Dodge Cares
Thanks Rob. Dodge dealer costs money. Forum advise is free. I’ll check again today when I drive my car this afternoon.

R.K.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,102 Posts
I read yesterday that it is just a glitch in 2015 and 2016. I'll turn the auto-volume ON today and see how different it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts