SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 hellcat charger
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the light up srt horn cover from eBay about a month ago with the harness for it .....

Not knowing I was gonna need parts off my old airbag I sold it immediately to a skat pack owner

Now I’m stuck
IMG_7089.jpg

I neeeded this part off the old bag to connect wit the new bag and harness for it to b able to light up I now obviously don’t have that airbag or part so basically I just wasted my money and air bag doesn’t light up like I thought it would does any body have any tips or tricks to bypass needing this connector or can somebody point me in direction where I can just buy this piece with out having to buy the whole airbag again dodge dealer said das the only way to get that part they don’t sell it individually but I’m sure you tech savvy guys got a few tricks up your sleeve I’m all ears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
While I don't recommend doing electrical work on something as important as an airbag, if you know where the wires should go you could always solder them together. The connector looks to only be their to make the parts easily swap-able. Key point is you must know where each of the wires would go. I.E - Pin A on the male portion connects to Pin A on the female portion. If you know pin A on the male side is a white wire and Pin A the female side is supposed to be a green with blue stripe then you just solder the white and green with blue stripe wires together. I am making up pin locations and colors here as I don't have a wire diagram or airbag in front of me. Using it to help explain what I mean.

If I may ask though. Where did you get the light up airbag with the adapter harness? I've been wanting to do this on my car but I was under the impression the adapter harness was no longer available.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
787 Posts
While I don't recommend doing electrical work on something as important as an airbag, if you know where the wires should go you could always solder them together. The connector looks to only be their to make the parts easily swap-able. Key point is you must know where each of the wires would go. I.E - Pin A on the male portion connects to Pin A on the female portion. If you know pin A on the male side is a white wire and Pin A the female side is supposed to be a green with blue stripe then you just solder the white and green with blue stripe wires together. I am making up pin locations and colors here as I don't have a wire diagram or airbag in front of me. Using it to help explain what I mean.

If I may ask though. Where did you get the light up airbag with the adapter harness? I've been wanting to do this on my car but I was under the impression the adapter harness was no longer available.
Same, where do yall find the good stuff? Been waiting forever to snag one in white.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
787 Posts
The harness is part number 68436027AA. They both show out of stock, but here’s a link to both the red & white covers that include the harness for the price:

Red:

White:

J4J is pretty good about customer service so they can probably assist with availability if you reach out
On email waiting list for both.

·
Registered
2015 hellcat charger
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

this is wear I got the harness from and eBay for airbag but now I notice I ordered wrong harness smh I believe the other guy posted the correct harness

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, I knew there was a harness but I'm pretty sure it is out of stock everywhere and, more importantly, discontinued from Dodge. I'm guessing they didn't want people doing these swap or something as I have no clue why they would stop making them.

If we could get the actual wiring diagram you would think it would be easy enough to make you own harness. Just need the diagram and find the correct connectors.

I think the only other solution I've heard about was to get an 18+ steering wheel too but I've yet to see someone do that to confirm it would work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If need be give fred beans parts a call. They have a huge surplus of parts in stock:

Needed a PPV front splitter for my friends Tahoe and they stocked it. From my understanding they buy new old stock as well

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
2015 hellcat charger
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just don’t have old airbag to remove the 2. Prong harness from showed in the picture below ....so what I’m tryna clarify is if I buy updated harness 68436027AA will I still need to have old airbag to take that 2 prong off or will the new harness b made specifically for the 4 prong or will I just have to order old airbag and just dismantle it just for this back lit logo to work smh my air bag light is on on the dash even after being hooked up I think it knows there’s one wire missing still and won’t go off till I connect every one up

·
Registered
417 Posts
Try the connector repair website:

I searched airbag for a 2015 challenger, and it shows a connector kit available for both squib 1 & 2 for the drivers airbag
Cool site.

OP - It wont let me link it but I'm pretty sure this is what you need (select your year and make then go to "Switch-Horn SRT". Come us with repair harness - 68364265AA. Not cheap but worth it if it works. Diffidently keep us updated if you grab one to see if it works.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
897 Posts
White:

J4J is pretty good about customer service so they can probably assist with availability if you reach out
I bought the white back lit airbag in 2019 for $314 + $19 tax from my local online dealer, and then went and picked it up.
The price has gone up to $363.86 now though:

Most online dealers charge a fortune to ship the airbag (because hazardous materials), or flat out just won't ship it.
Just FYI

1 - 15 of 15 Posts