SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a short article talking about how the new Z06 owners are discovering power loss after multiple laps on track or back to back full throttle runs....long story short, GM says it's to meet emissions and prolong the powertrain so it will survive for the warranty period. Lame. Hellcats are $20k cheaper, make more power and have better engineering and design in their powertrain. And the Z06 owners can't do anything about it unless they want aftermarket tuning...which will void their warranty. lol

You paid for 650hp/650tq...but you can only have it in limited doses. Ha!

So glad I'm getting a Hellcat instead. :D

Conservative ECU Tuning Causing Power Loss On 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Here's a short article talking about how the new Z06 owners are discovering power loss after multiple laps on track or back to back full throttle runs....long story short, GM says it's to meet emissions and prolong the powertrain so it will survive for the warranty period. Lame. Hellcats are $20k cheaper, make more power and have better engineering and design in their powertrain. And the Z06 owners can't do anything about it unless they want aftermarket tuning...which will void their warranty. lol

Cool share thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
658 Posts
if I purchase a high performance vehicle I don't want any limitations put on the vehicle.....that is just crazy to hear. if I am a lead foot im going to lose horsepower.....WOW

Mopar or no car

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
I can not wait to jump on one of them. When I get my HC of course. :)

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts

LOL! I am back in business even if my Vette nemesis gets a Z06! YESSSSS! My Hellbaby will leave fiberglass shards in its wake...;)

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
LOL! I am back in business even if my Vette nemesis gets a Z06! YESSSSS! My Hellbaby will leave fiberglass shards in its wake...;)
I think they are plastic now not fiberglass
hope he raced the Mustang then the Porsche before he gets to you. Then he finds out that he just spend his allocation of horse power for the day.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I think they are plastic now not fiberglass
hope he raced the Mustang then the Porsche before he gets to you. Then he finds out that he just spend his allocation of horse power for the day.
Plastic shards doesn't sound as cool! But does make it a Barbie Car! My kitty is gonna annihilate the Barbie car!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
Indeed! There is actually an interview online somewhere, where the SRT people stated they specifically make the Hellcats able to do a specific number of back-to-back quarter mile runs, and like 20 minutes of full-on hot laps, before any reduction of power output. Sounds like the Mopar engineers care more about winning the whole race, not just a single lap or pass!!!

Reactions: gatorguy

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indeed! There is actually an interview online somewhere, where the SRT people stated they specifically make the Hellcats able to do a specific number of back-to-back quarter mile runs, and like 20 minutes of full-on hot laps, before any reduction of power output. Sounds like the Mopar engineers care more about winning the whole race, not just a single lap or pass!!!
I believe it was 25 back-to-back strip passes and 20 laps around a 3.1 mile road course in 100 degree temps.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
I believe it was 25 back-to-back strip passes and 20 laps around a 3.1 mile road course in 100 degree temps.
Yeah, that sounds right, that rings a bell for sure. Sure is a HUGE difference, compared to having your output start diminishing within the first few passes, ~or after five laps of a ten lap race!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts
The performance dial back is why I ordered a Hellcat over the Z06. I currently have a Roush Mustang and they do the same bull****
The horsepower is rated on an engine with a head temp below normal (about 165 degrees I believe) You only get 1 max HP pass with it, then you have to cool it down. Designing the Hellcat for extended use is the real deal! That is the top reason why the Hellcat Rocks.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts
Wow I'm stunned that GM does this! So would it be safe to say they do it with all the high performance GM rides?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.