SRT Hellcat Forum banner

241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ouch. It sucks that you now have to blaze the trail. Good luck with it.
Maybe do a prelim headcount on who would be in on a group purchase for the interchiller/stage 2 as soon as this development effort is finalized.
With a dozen or more guaranteed sales on the line, things might happen more quickly.

You know that old saying........Money talks and Bull#hit walks.

Im in for sure. Still don’t know what stage 2 is but definitely stage 1 lol

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Stage 2 improves on the IAT temp drop significantly over the standard unit.
I live in a very hot climate, so the stage 2 upgrade will help offset that.
Might not be necessary for everyone.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Stage 2 improves on the IAT temp drop significantly over the standard unit.
I live in a very hot climate, so the stage 2 upgrade will help offset that.
Might not be necessary for everyone.
Do you know what it is? Bigger or more efficient? I just don’t know what the physical part of stage 2 is I guess is my question. Im also in hot climate so may have to consider this.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Go to their site. Real good videos there with real time temps.
The videos are impressive but still not sure what the difference is lol. They only say it’s an overall improvement to the entire a/c system. Maybe they will jump on here to explain what it is for the extra cost. Im not trying to be difficult just want to know if upgraded cost is worth it for mostly a DD.

·
HOTM Winner
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
We're routing hoses and such now. Mine is kind of a unicorn build. I wouldn't recommend it for just anyone. The AN-16 hose is enormous, so we're having to really plan out how to run all the hose and fittings. I'm waiting for some additional hose today. The AC side is just about finished.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We're routing hoses and such now. Mine is kind of a unicorn build. I wouldn't recommend it for just anyone. The AN-16 hose is enormous, so we're having to really plan out how to run all the hose and fittings. I'm waiting for some additional hose today. The AC side is just about finished.
What lines would you recommend for a more "normal" :D build? Something like AN-12 or AN-8?

·
HOTM Winner
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
The videos are impressive but still not sure what the difference is lol. They only say it’s an overall improvement to the entire a/c system. Maybe they will jump on here to explain what it is for the extra cost. Im not trying to be difficult just want to know if upgraded cost is worth it for mostly a DD.
They don't like to reveal publicly what the Stage 2 kit is for fear some other company will try to copy it.

I can tell you that on our platform, we have far less room beneath the bumper than on, say, an SRT, or even a Trackhawk. So you will need to make a few modifications. I had to notch out a small section, about 1/4" x 1", of the interior of my crash bar to accommodate Stage 2 upgrades. You'll also need to fabricate a couple of brackets, and cut out some of the plastic bumper support (though with smaller diameter hose you may not need that last step).

Remember, I'm actually putting together the blueprint for how to install these on the Hellcat, both stage 1 and 2. As I noted above, my build is kind of extreme, but that's mostly on the water side -- and it's the AN-16 hose along with my tank that's making it difficult to plumb. For most people who put these in you'll not have to worry about any of that.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Do you know what it is? Bigger or more efficient? I just don’t know what the physical part of stage 2 is I guess is my question. Im also in hot climate so may have to consider this.
I had to talk to Kirk on the phone about the difference between a stage 1 and stage 2. They don't publish it on their site.

·
HOTM Winner
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
BMR's updated diff lockout kit arrived today, the last piece of kit I've been waiting on. The car has been in the shop for the past 3+ weeks as we're figuring out how to build the first Hellcat prototype with a Stage 2 FI interchiller. My build on the water side is kind of a unicorn build, so we've had to do some extra work. When I left the shop today, they were about to tear down the interior of my car to prepare to run all the hoses. Looks like I'm going to need to build a box (or replace) my OEM subwoofer.

Still, finally seeing some progress!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Is the temp gauge from FIinterchiller, or someplace else.
The bezel and overall look remind me of a Speedhut gauge.

·
HOTM Winner
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Got the car back in time for an event yesterday at Pueblo Motorsports Park. Fluid temps were around 10-11f with 7.2 gallons in the system. We're going to play around with the fluid volume -- I think I'd like to take some weight out and maybe go down to 5.5 gallons or so -- and also with the charge: we didn't have the best gauges, so we're thinking we can get temps down even cooler.

With the spacers, blanket, and interchiller, I shaved .4 off my personal best at Pueblo. DA was close to 7100. Car was full weight.
frostyfitting.png

wiS52Td2QgS87NtSR0WGSw.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Got the car back in time for an event yesterday at Pueblo Motorsports Park. Fluid temps were around 10-11f with 7.2 gallons in the system. We're going to play around with the fluid volume -- I think I'd like to take some weight out and maybe go down to 5.5 gallons or so -- and also with the charge: we didn't have the best gauges, so we're thinking we can get temps down even cooler.

With the spacers, blanket, and interchiller, I shaved .4 off my personal best at Pueblo. DA was close to 7100. Car was full weight.
Nice job! Been following your build. What times did you run? What was your personal best at Pueblo before?

241 - 260 of 271 Posts