SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
The new CTS-V is going to be awesome but it's a lot more expensive than a HC so I can't imagine too many people are cross shopping them. I think a more likely scenario would be the ATS-V or the new AMG C63 and C63 S. The latter will be hitting dealers this April, I think the ATS-V is still a couple of months out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
The cts-v is going to be in the mid 80s, and the ats-v which is a 3.6 twin turbo with about 250 hp less then a hellcat starts around 62k...
To be fair the ATS-V is said to weigh 800lbs less than a Hellcat which explains it's reported 0-60 at 3.8 seconds despite being at such a seemingly huge HP disadvantage. I think it's fair to say the ATS-V will be far more nimble than a Hellcat but the Hellcat will be much quicker in a straight line! At roughly the same price point of a non-marked up Hellcat, I can see why people would consider them as well.

That said I have no doubt Cadillac dealers are just as shady as Dodge ones so this bad boy will probably get the price gouge treatment as well.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Anyone considering the 2016 ctsv over the HC? I have a charger HC VON but that new v looks pretty sick.
Both nice cars.... Only you can decide. I like them both but I think the Charger HC has 'more character'. The CTS-V will definitely drain your wallet harder on the initial purchase but then again you might actually be able to get one right away too.

I say buy what you like better!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
77 Posts
The cts-v is going to be in the mid 80s, and the ats-v which is a 3.6 twin turbo with about 250 hp less then a hellcat starts around 62k...

Actually the ATS-V fully loaded including their track pack option is said to be right around $ 80 K ! It's reported to do 0-60 in 3.8 , the 1/4 in 12.2 at around 115 mph and it weighs right at 3700 lbs.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
After some of the popular options, tax, title, reg, "market pricing", you're going to be near $95-100k out the door on a CTS-V.

Cadillac sales, outside the Escalade, are atrocious right now. They have slipped back into catching up with the competition since changing the lineup to the XTS, ATS, and sliding the CTS into the old STS spot. Pricing on the ATS is ridiculous, particularly the ATS-V coming. Who the hell is going to drop their M3/M4 roots for a lesser car that costs just as much or more??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,348 Posts
I have a hard time with that speculated $80-85k number. 20 g's over the outgoing model? Yikes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
I have a hard time with that speculated $80-85k number. 20 g's over the outgoing model? Yikes.
The ATS-V is approximately $61k base. The MSRP on a 2nd Gen CTS-V by the time it ended last year was nearly mid$70's. Also, the CTS-V is equivalent to a "4-door Z06". An auto Z06 with some goodies is mid $90's and the two cars have generally shared similar pricing outside of the Z07 packaged C6's.

you can bet these will be allocation cars at first and people will be waiting for them as well and there will be ADMs.

IMO, by end of second model year of this car it'll be going for invoice and/or GM Supplier pricing. Just like the new Z06's that in the eyes of anyone who can judge them honestly can say, it's been a disappointment compared to what many thought it was going to be.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
871 Posts
CTS V over a HC?

Hell no... Even if they were the same price point. I like the looks and technology, but they are crazy $.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
drove a 14 cts (new) a month ago----found the interior cheap-----bought a 15 slt sierra and feel the sierra has a nicer interior....i was very unimpressed with cadillac in general....my hc interior is nicer

didnt really like anything about the cts except for the exterior look....the ride was very poor and harsh even in normal mode....i felt like i was in my gt500 in sport mode it made me shake so much.....kids hated it, wife hated it......i tried a buick also and found the ride and interior much nicer for $15k less......Cadillac is not what i thought it was and i dont get all the good reviews it gets.....rather have my HC

love the ats 2 door look though

·
SRT Hellcat Owner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
622 Posts
drove a 14 cts (new) a month ago----found the interior cheap-----bought a 15 slt sierra and feel the sierra has a nicer interior....i was very unimpressed with cadillac in general....my hc interior is nicer

love the ats 2 door look though
I think it's a ugly car.....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
i just dont think it knows what it wants to be...the base CTS has a suspension like a GT500, but no power to back it up....i just dont get wanting a car like that....i thought i did until i drove it....maybe id feel different about it if it was the V version with real power.....its trying to look luxury, but gives a ride like a old pickup truck.......with a cheap interior (i assume the 16 will have a new /improved interior since everyone seems to be improving their interiors)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
Actually the ATS-V fully loaded including their track pack option is said to be right around $ 80 K ! It's reported to do 0-60 in 3.8 , the 1/4 in 12.2 at around 115 mph and it weighs right at 3700 lbs.
It's a Caddy so of course you can drive the price up insane if you want to but assuming you can forgo the diamond studded steering wheel and unicorn hide seats, you can get one for way cheaper then that. They start at $62k and are nicely equipped even in base form. They are definitely in the same price range as non-marked up Hellcats.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
77 Posts
It's a Caddy so of course you can drive the price up insane if you want to but assuming you can forgo the diamond studded steering wheel and unicorn hide seats, you can get one for way cheaper then that. They start at $62k and are nicely equipped even in base form. They are definitely in the same price range as non-marked up Hellcats.

If you check out their option list and the corresponding costs they're insane. Hence the reason for the $80 K figure fully optioned out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.