SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I got tricked bought a hellcat that previous owner traded it off after he hit a deer and had someone half ass shop fix it under the books. The dealership said it passed all its inspections as they don’t take parts off to a inspect bought it as is.

there was still deer fur in the Fan assembly and the fan blades broken in the air conditioNing fan. We finally got hot weather turned the ac on and the whole front end started shaking after about 5 min running the ac. When I tested the car I only ran the ac till it got cold then turned it off so had no clue. The shop says I need a whole new fan kit and shaking causing the raidiaor house to rub into the pulley and the oe part is 1600 and on back order. They have no clue when they get. It.

do any vendors sell an aftermarket fan kit ?

I am really bummed right now as money is really tight due to being quarantined and unpaid twice now. Hope someone has some good news.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
You might be able to find a used assembly on ebay or another site. You could also check with Stevewhiteparts.com. They could run a locator for a new part. They discount parts online.

Do you have the part number?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
Long story short I got tricked bought a hellcat that previous owner traded it off after he hit a deer and had someone half ass shop fix it under the books. The dealership said it passed all its inspections as they don’t take parts off to a inspect bought it as is.

there was still deer fur in the Fan assembly and the fan blades broken in the air conditioNing fan. We finally got hot weather turned the ac on and the whole front end started shaking after about 5 min running the ac. When I tested the car I only ran the ac till it got cold then turned it off so had no clue. The shop says I need a whole new fan kit and shaking causing the raidiaor house to rub into the pulley and the oe part is 1600 and on back order. They have no clue when they get. It.

do any vendors sell an aftermarket fan kit ?

I am really bummed right now as money is really tight due to being quarantined and unpaid twice now. Hope someone has some good news.
Dealer does not know when they get it? Damaged car was bought with bad air condition fan and make noise?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer does not know when they get it? Damaged car was bought with bad air condition fan and make noise?

Correct, part is currently on backorder. I tried some other discount oe dealers also says out of stock.. Yes, it doesn't act up unless you turn the air on and let the car sit idle for about 5 min then the fan unit kicks on and starts shaking the front end cuasing the radiator hose to bump against pulley. There is 0 codes etc or past codes on the unit as my mechanic scan tool just came up with a bunch of other old codes that were removed a year ago before the dealer. Dealer says they are sorry but since it passed their inspection and their is no records etc that I am sol won't even go halfs etc came with the line how do we know you didn't hit the deer the past 2 months of ownership. Blah blah blah. I won't ever be using them again. Even though I get it used cars are a Russian roulette and guess i took the bullet.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mopar #5181995AB is for all 15-19 hellcats, redeye, and demon from what I'm seeing.
1000 bucks is also what I'm seeing. Yikes.

There is probably a blade broke off or its been knocked out of true. I would try and keep the fan off as much as possible until its replaced.

Edit:
I found Part # CH3115190 as an off brand option. About $450.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
OK I think I understand now. Your cooling fan is either warped/bent or missing a blade. There's also another small fan to circulate air (AC and heat) in the cabin....I assume you're not talking about that fan.

If your cooling fan is bad enough to shake the front end of the car and cause a radiator hose to bounce off the blower pulley....I'd quit driving it until the fan is replaced. Gotta figure, if the fan decides to let loose, it could do damage to other parts...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, 2 blades half broke 1 cracked causing the out of balance shake when they kick on.. Sorry for not being clear its the 1k part and supposedly can't just put a new fan in it you have to buy the whole assembly is what the Dealer repair facitliy told me and My personal mechanic told me the same thing that you can't just remove the fan and add a new fan got to buy the whole assembly. :( I called mishmoto figured hey bet they have one that hooks to their radiator and just buy their radiator and that for probably the same damn price .. However, they do not have the fan assembly said I still have to buy the 1500 dollar part to attach to their radiator so won't be going that route. Guess, I just have to order from moparpart.com they have it for 1,036 right now.. I looked ebay called all my local junk yards both hellcats I found in a 200 mile radius at junk yards were front end collisions so they said those parts are not salvagable.

makes me cry as the scat pak has a aftermarket assembly for 200 dollars made by doorman yet us hellcats don't have any aftermarket options I have found so far.

·
Registered
493 Posts
yes, 2 blades half broke 1 cracked causing the out of balance shake when they kick on.. Sorry for not being clear its the 1k part and supposedly can't just put a new fan in it you have to buy the whole assembly is what the Dealer repair facitliy told me and My personal mechanic told me the same thing that you can't just remove the fan and add a new fan got to buy the whole assembly. :(

makes me cry as the scat pak has a aftermarket assembly for 200 dollars made by doorman yet us hellcats don't have any aftermarket options I have found so far.
That will defn make it shake.
Part # CH3115190 as an off brand option. About $450.

Its an assembly with shroud, fan, motor, and sometimes a regulator. Thats the way every vehicle is with electric fans.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part # CH3115190

I check into that ? Just says generic all challengers though and I found a generic one but it didn't fit hellcat guess we have a different assembly then scat paks and 5.7l however, did see you found it 40 bucks cheaper then where i found it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That will defn make it shake.
Part # CH3115190 as an off brand option. About $450.

Its an assembly with shroud, fan, motor, and sometimes a regulator. Thats the way every vehicle is with electric fans.

Dang every place I checked for that off brand says Discountined out of stock.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I check into that ? Just says generic all challengers though and I found a generic one but it didn't fit hellcat guess we have a different assembly then scat paks and 5.7l however, did see you found it 40 bucks cheaper then where i found it.
You must be thinking of Part # CH3115169. Which cross references to mopar 68050129AA (300, charger, challenger).

search CH3115190 on ebay.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
yes, 2 blades half broke 1 cracked causing the out of balance shake when they kick on.. Sorry for not being clear its the 1k part and supposedly can't just put a new fan in it you have to buy the whole assembly is what the Dealer repair facitliy told me and My personal mechanic told me the same thing that you can't just remove the fan and add a new fan got to buy the whole assembly. :( I called mishmoto figured hey bet they have one that hooks to their radiator and just buy their radiator and that for probably the same damn price .. However, they do not have the fan assembly said I still have to buy the 1500 dollar part to attach to their radiator so won't be going that route. Guess, I just have to order from moparpart.com they have it for 1,036 right now.. I looked ebay called all my local junk yards both hellcats I found in a 200 mile radius at junk yards were front end collisions so they said those parts are not salvagable.

Well, I wish you good luck in finding a replacement. Kind of surprised that the fan assemblies are different on the 5.7s and 6.4s....looks like your trapped buying a HC specific one. Also surprised you cant find a used one in a boneyard somewhere.....they cant all be front end collisions can they?

Again, I wouldnt run the broken fan. If a blade flies apart, it could actually damage these paper thin hoods pretty easily....

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well, I wish you good luck in finding a replacement. Kind of surprised that the fan assemblies are different on the 5.7s and 6.4s....looks like your trapped buying a HC specific one. Also surprised you cant find a used one in a boneyard somewhere.....they cant all be front end collisions can they?

Again, I wouldnt run the broken fan. If a blade flies apart, it could actually damage these paper thin hoods pretty easily....
I looked for used for the OP (because thats better than aftermarket IMO) but the ones I did find had damaged fans.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just ordered it off Ebay for about 470 total after tax huge savings from the original 1600$ plus labor 1998$ quote I recieved from the dealer. Hopefully fingers crossed its going to keep the Cat cool. I have my buddies shop says he can install it for 180. So, going that route. I give update after install etc. It looks however I will need a new top radiator house as the pulley of the sc has dug deep into it. Like I am shocked it hasn't burst. I stopped driving it currently and borrowing a family members car until the parts come in. hopefully the raidort house is not an arm and a leg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts