SRT Hellcat Forum banner

have the 2016 hellcats been plagued with recalls or other issues?

• all responses welcome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • anyone with info would or feedback welcome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts
With cars like these, build date comes into play in your question as well, not just model year....

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,779 Posts
So far, most of the 2015 fixes were made by the time the 2016s started rolling down the line late September.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
473 Posts
I just received a recall on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat a few days ago (Notification R37/NHTSA 15V-444) for the Drivers Side Airbag Inflator Housing which could rupture due to excessive internal pressure Also states that this is more likely to occur if your HC has been exposed to high levels of absolute humidity for extended periods of time.

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,352 Posts
Just got mine on the 10th. I'll be watching this thread and will post if and when I have any issues. My 15 was at the dealer more than it was at home. The 16 is way better in the fit and finish department and the electronics are super fast to load and operate compared to the 15.

·
Texas President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,600 Posts
Anytime, the only way that some vehicles might not get this recall is due to the chance that FCA figured out the problem a few months into production and changed manufacturers where they purchased those inflator housings?
Gotcha, how serious is it?? Get it done immediately or when I have time??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
473 Posts
Gotcha, how serious is it?? Get it done immediately or when I have time??
Well, being that your in a pretty humid climate I'd take care of it sometime this spring or summer season. If I lived down South as opposed to up North here on the east coast I'd take care of this right away!!! It has to do with the interior being exposed to high levels of absolute humidity where this could fail.

·
Texas President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,600 Posts
Well, being that your in a pretty humid climate I'd take care of it sometime this year. If I lived down South as opposed to up North here on the east coast I'd take care of this right away!!! It has to do with the interior being exposed to high levels of absolute humidity where this could fail.
Wonder if I could just call the dealer and set it up or should I set it up through SRT first??

1 - 20 of 52 Posts