SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Enthusiasts,

Today I finally was able to dyno the car for the Hellcat I bought in May. Best run was the first of three, 673.9 HP, 611.44 Torque. (see graph for all three runs, each run was worse than the previous I'm guessing due to heat) Only mod is a K&N cold air intake & filter I bought online.

So, would like to know what a completely stock hellcat pulls on the dyno so I can see if the K&N is helping or hurting me. I never dyno'd it with the stock intake/filter and it was a pain to remove, so I'd rather not try to put it back in for a true stock baseline run. K&N claims almost a 38 HP increase, but I've heard they don't really do anything and can actually hurt power versus the stock air intake.

Is the HP about what you would expect to see? What's the percentage increase to estimate the HP at the crank?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've been watching for about a year and I'd say yours is about 2 hp higher than what the highest stock cat is delivering. I've seen 660s and a 671 . Don't recall seeing higher than that. I'm sure lots of people will chime in

·
Registered
514 Posts
Loss at rear wheels is an estimate at Best But usually around 15%. Puts your cat at a ridiculous number out of the box if 15 percent is true

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great numbers one of the higher ones I've seen. Guessing you have m6? Just remember dyno really tuning tool. Sounds about right for m6 hellcat.

·
Registered
514 Posts
740s sounds reasonable as I think the Hellcat is a bit under rated. I think during initial testing they were 725ish? 15% I agree is a bit much. Newer technology parts arent going to lose the same HP as the older stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roger.....sounds like due to dyno "variables" it would be difficult to attribute what HP the CAI is contributing, if anything. Next step, from discussions with the speed shop, would likely be mid pipes (removes cats), pulley, thermostat and tune/ECM for about $3200 installed. Is that reasonable?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Roger.....sounds like due to dyno "variables" it would be difficult to attribute what HP the CAI is contributing, if anything. Next step, from discussions with the speed shop, would likely be mid pipes (removes cats), pulley, thermostat and tune/ECM for about $3200 installed. Is that reasonable?
Sounds reasonable. Now you're talking some serious hp. As long as these guys have the experience to do it right I would go for it. Of course you're saying bye bye to your warranty

Regarding the mid pipes if this is a daily driver I would try to listen to a car without cats before you made the change. These cars come with high-flow cats and the trade-off for loudness may be too much. All depends on your preferences

1 - 20 of 25 Posts