SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2017 Charger - Upgrading Alpine 6 speaker setup

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Taxinator 
#1 ·
I finally decided to upgrade the rest of my speakers, I had already upgraded the dash corners with the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3Cs but I wanted a bit more oomph out of the 6x9s without adding a sub. I decided to go with the CDT 6x9 Subwoofers and while they sound better than the stock speakers they need some extra power. I'm looking at adding an amp to power the speakers now. This is what I'm currently looking at for upgrading. The speakers are RMS 125w.

Alpine R2-A60F
PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41
PAC APH-CH01 AmpPro Harness

Then obviously RCA cables, amp wiring kit, and speaker wire.

This should be a good setup right? I know the Alpine is a six speaker system but the amp is only a 4 channel. Does that mean the dash speakers and front door speakers would share that channel's power? Does this completely eliminate the stock amp or does that play in parallel with the aftermarket one? Anything else I should plan for that is missing?

#3 ·
You really need a sub to get some good bass. Using those 6x9's your using them full range and the bass will never be how you want it.

I say bite the bullet and get a sub. I just put a MTX 12" in my truck(with matching amp) and holy crap it's a monster. I had aftermarket 6x9's before(like you) and it's not even close. Makes the HK system in my hellcat sounds like a baby toy speaker. Literally rattles the doors when it hits hard, can feel it in your chest.

#4 ·
Shockingly I wasn't disappointed with the stock speakers and I've done subs in most of my vehicles for a long time so I'm trying to avoid doing that and losing the trunk space. I've been looking at the NVX custom box but it's hard to justify the cost of everything when I don't need or want the boom from a sub. You'd be shocked at how deep these CDTs can go even with just the stock amp. They'll be nuts once I get them powered even close to their RMS.

#5 ·
I ordered my 21 charger hellcat with the Alpine thinking it would sound about like the Alpine I had in the Scat Pack Charger before nor ordering the HK like I have in the Ram. To my disappointment it don't come even close to sounding as good as the Alpine in Scat Pack Charger did. I would like to do something with this Alpine but not sure what to do for better sound? It has a tinny sound to it to me. I wonder if I had a total speaker switch out if it would help? Leave the rest as it is? I have no sub at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.