SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have issues with the Navigation not working on your 8.4"? Mine was working fine and was giving me Vehicle History Reports up until May of last year then just up and stopped working. When I try to use activate service through the assist button it has zero bars of service so I'm thinking that's part of the reason. The GPS is still within my state but when I check the GPS info it says Available 0 , Reliability NONE, and nothing shows up on it. I also noticed I don't get my SiriusXM Travel Link or Traffic Plus either.

I've verified I have the latest Uconnect software from Uconnect. I've got a 2017 Charger. It's not a huge deal but I noticed my time was incorrect which has brought me down this rabbit hole. I've tried the fixes I've found on other forums but nothing works. It's super frustrating because I'm out of warranty now even though I only have 14k miles. Thankfully I have an extended warranty but I'd rather not have my car sit at the dealer with them trying to figure it out yet.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,554 Posts
The NAV system in my 2018 Hellcat went goofy and had my location way off, by 40 miles or more. Long story short tech tried not one but two at the time unreleased radio software updates neither one helped. A new radio was ordered and installed which fixed the problem.

This was back in July of last year.

More recently I believe seeing some references to a TSB for some uConnect radios.

One that I found on a search is: TSB # 08-111-19A

I could not find a good link the TSB.

But it is detailed to some extent in a post (#5) in this thread:

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The NAV system in my 2018 Hellcat went goofy and had my location way off, by 40 miles or more. Long story short tech tried not one but two at the time unreleased radio software updates neither one helped. A new radio was ordered and installed which fixed the problem.

This was back in July of last year.

More recently I believe seeing some references to a TSB for some uConnect radios.

One that I found on a search is: TSB # 08-111-19A

I could not find a good link the TSB.

But it is detailed to some extent in a post (#5) in this thread:

Thanks, I checked all of that out but my software version isn't shown so I really have no other idea outside of going to a dealer or just living with it.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,554 Posts
Thanks, I checked all of that out but my software version isn't shown so I really have no other idea outside of going to a dealer or just living with it.
Check with the uConnect web site to see if your uConnect radio has the latest released software.

If not get it. If it helps fine.

If it does not help based on my experience I'd say the uConnect radio is at fault. But that TSB might apply in your case. There was no TSB AFAIK when my uConnect radio was acting up.

I was not able to live with a non functional NAV. While I can seat of the pants navigate pretty darn good -- though years ago on a trip I told my wife I know the way like I know the back of my hand and proceeded to get very lost -- and can read a map I like the NAV to show me the way/warn of pending turns, etc., which lets me focus more on the road and other vehicles than try to search for a particular street sign.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check with the uConnect web site to see if your uConnect radio has the latest released software.

If not get it. If it helps fine.

If it does not help based on my experience I'd say the uConnect radio is at fault. But that TSB might apply in your case. There was no TSB AFAIK when my uConnect radio was acting up.

I was not able to live with a non functional NAV. While I can seat of the pants navigate pretty darn good -- though years ago on a trip I told my wife I know the way like I know the back of my hand and proceeded to get very lost -- and can read a map I like the NAV to show me the way/warn of pending turns, etc., which lets me focus more on the road and other vehicles than try to search for a particular street sign.
Well that's the other reason, there are places you don't get service up here in WI. The Nav always gets service and that's what I liked about it. I may just have to bite the bullet and bring it to the dealer for replacement. Thanks for the help!

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
386 Posts
Well that's the other reason, there are places you don't get service up here in WI. The Nav always gets service and that's what I liked about it. I may just have to bite the bullet and bring it to the dealer for replacement. Thanks for the help!
Hey Dextar--

Sorry to hear about the concerns you're having with your Uconnect touchscreen delaminating. However, it sounds like you're taking the right steps and might schedule an appointment with your dealer. Please feel free to keep us updated on the status of your vehicle and reach out if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Dextar

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just as a quick update, I tried a bunch of things Courtney suggested but none of them helped. I ended up folding and having to go to the dealership where they determined they would have to replace the Uconnect unit.

He didn't know if they would upgrade components in the radio (replacing the 3G with a 4G version) or what kind of map updates they come with. I'll update that as I find out more information. I forgot to ask what kind of warranty the refurb units have but I'll find out when they get the radio in.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that doesn't surprise me with the chip shortage. They are welcome to replace mine with a 19 or a 20 unit! Haha. My uconnect works perfect outside of this and I don't use Sirius Guardian (it's too bloody expensive IMO) and I have android auto which I use google maps for but the fact that I've got an extended warranty I want to get it taken care of.

Everything I've been able to find on multiple forums though say it's a pretty common failure like you said. I just hope they are upgrading components since the majority of the 3G service is being taken offline.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
376 Posts
Good luck with this issue. Unfortunately, I have no direct experience with the built in Nav...I’ve always used Apple CarPlay with Google Maps. I figure any cell phone’s Google Maps will always outperform any built in Nav system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts