SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i wanted to post this in the Racing Section but, i think it would reach a bigger audience here-

I've been around Drag Racing for awhile and, Landspeed events but, this recent trend to put on 1/2 mile timed runs at smaller airports and, venues has opened up ALOT of opportunities for all of us to get out there and, run our cars with less chance of risk and, cost.

Here are some i've spotted for 2018 that will run around our area. I will include the links to their pages (some are also on Facebook too) so that you can check out their dates/rules and, general information.

1. No Fly Zone Midwest sponsored by Omega Motorsport Events.
Event Location- Rantoul, Illinois.
Event Dates- June 16-17 2018.
Event Registration Opens- April 8th.
Timed Distance- 1/2 Mile.
www.omegamotorsport.com

2. Battle Creek Speed Fest.
Event Location- Battle Creek, Michigan.
Event Dates- June 29-July 3rd 2018.
Event Registration Opens- March 1st.
www.bcspeedfest.com

3. Indy Airstrip Attack sponsored by Shift-S3ctor Racing.
Event Location- Marion, Indiana.
Event Dates- August 18th-19th 2018.
Event Registration Opens- Currently open.
www.indyairstripattack.com

4. Wanna Go Fast Indiana.
Event Location- French Lick, Indiana.
Event Dates- TBD but, most likely Mid October based on last two years.
Event Registration- TBD.
www.wannagofast.com

I've found that these little events are alot of fun to do for weekend warriors like myself and, also a great way to meet other Mopar guys and, girls too!
Heck, at Rantoul last year i had several Challenger/Charger owners who were just spectating, come up and, check out the car. That's what it's all about...Talking with fellow Mopar lovers. If i can run 153mph with a M6 Cat on All Season tires...You should do better.
I plan to be at all of these events (Sunday ONLY) due to my work schedule so, maybe i'll run into a few of you!

Please check out their homepages and, above all the rules for their events for all applicable tire/safety equipment that may be necessary. Most of all-

NEVER worry about the amount of money/time someone next to you has invested in their ride...How fast or slow you may be...Just remember your out to have fun in an environment that is alot safer than the street with less
risk of losing your life, license or car.

-As a professional Truck Driver (32 years experience) i've *never* :rolleyes: had to pick up my Cell Phone to call 911 when "Humpty Dumpty" came apart showing off his ride...

Or have i?

More times than you want too know-:(

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far im registered for The Indy Airstrip Attack and, Omega Motorsports No Fly Zone in Rantoul Illinois.
Since registration for No Fly Zone came online today and, is offering a discount to those that pre register early...thought you might want to check it out! :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,203 Posts
Cool.. The Rantoul looks good for me. Any idea where I can get a decently priced snell helmet?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.. The Rantoul looks good for me. Any idea where I can get a decently priced snell helmet?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for checking in Octane! In my case i really needed to update my Helmet situation and, since i work in Indianapolis (living a ways west) i stopped in at Simpson Racing in Brownsburg Indiana and, picked up a new but, slightly blemished (paint only) Simpson Voyager for a really good deal! If your in this area, i would also check Impact racing in the Industrial park there but, if not...Obviously there are many sources for Snell rated helmets on Summit, Jegs and, other online dealers.

I did notice that several others were using Open face helmets and, even some Moto Cross style helmets with the duckbills removed-

Since i am not affiliated with them or any other organization- I would have to say that obviously reading their rules and, picking the best option you have is really going to be the best for you. In my case, i'm trying to save what little brain i STILL have (according to my girlfriend) between those big Elf'n ears i was blessed with.:D

I did bring a pair of Sweatpants along with a light long sleeve t-shirt just in case they wanted to enforce any other rules about exposed legs/arms.
My local Dragstrip is VERY tough on that one, so it was just natural to have them just in case.

Basically, i found that they were very good folks to deal and, run with...The taxi way and, runway are in my humble opinion- In need of a little work (Since i was stationed there when it was still an Air Force Base back in 1986.)

Tech consisted of me pre downloading two forms that i had to sign and, bring to the event basically commiting myself to- "If i hurt myself, i can't sue you". I arrived at the event, attended the Drivers meeting, and, then walked down to registration where a couple of very good looking young ladies took my forms, strapped me with a removable bracelet- then gave me a sticker to put on my windshield.

That was it.

I made 9-10 runs easily (Letting my Clutch really cool down) because i was driving it like i STOLE IT....By mid afternoon, alot of people had packed up and, left but, the event ran until 5pm local. Without a doubt, i could have made 20-25 runs if it weren't for that "Pesky Clutch Thing".

We had a GREAT TIME and, i have two fellow employees (One bringing a NEW 392-T/A Chally and, another a Sport Bike) who are coming this year!

Maybe i will see you there on Sunday! :cool:

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Hey Spin, where you located? I'm right outside Brownsburg and just took the cat to Two Guys up there to get PPF and ceramic coating on it. Would love to meet a fellow member some time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Spin, where you located? I'm right outside Brownsburg and just took the cat to Two Guys up there to get PPF and ceramic coating on it. Would love to meet a fellow member some time.
PM sent PBM!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts