SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to take my charger to a track day at Chuckwalla. Need to buy some quality/price performance brake pads for the day that will last. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
202 Posts
I swear by PowerStop Track Day pads. They're cheap and they'll last about 3 track days on the fronts (if you're really driving hard) and about 6 track days on the rears. I also really like their rotors. I ran them last season on my SRT8 and couldn't have been happier.

A lot of people will swear by Hawk pads, too. But they seem to be pretty pricey. I've not used them, so I'm not sure they're worth the extra money.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
I've used these for years, on many heavy cars, and they work great! Even like long, high-speed tracks like Road America. They stop like a tank and are very clean for the street. $56 a set on Prime.
Wagner PS1405M Perfect Stop Disc Pad Set
Brand: Wagner
4.5 out of 5 stars 2 ratings

Price:$55.80

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
89 Posts
It depends on your skill level. Just starting out? PowerStop Track Day are a good choice. If you're already a track junkie, DTC-60 for SP, 70 for HC, and 70/80 for RE.

Make sure to have fresh brake fluid in the system! boiling fluid is NOT a good time!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,553 Posts
I'll second the Powerstop Trackday pad recommendation if you're not threshold braking consistently at speed. They use them at Bondurant. I got them to fade after a few laps but it was also July in Phoenix and I was trying to see what the pads were capable of. I found out. 😉
In my personal car I went straight from stock to the Hawk DTC60. It worked well but the 70 is my choice for track only. As has been stated they are expensive but I have only faded these pads at Road America. Any slower speed tracks I think will be fine.
Now, if you have the 6 piston front calipers the stock pads lasted me 2 seasons of street and autox with about 4 track days, albeit at lower speed tracks. They are a great dual purpose pad.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,913 Posts
Nothing wrong with the stock Brembo pads IMO. I’ve had good luck finding cheap replacements, with very little use, from guys swapping out to Powerstop LOL. DOT4 or 5.1 is the most important brake item for me.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Looking to take my charger to a track day at Chuckwalla. Need to buy some quality/price performance brake pads for the day that will last. Any suggestions?
As stated above the brembo pads are good but still a compromise as they have to work right away on the street. My (2) favorite pads are Gloc R8 and R10s. The R8s can be used on the road, the 10a should be track only.

Check out this company - KNS brakes. This link will take you to what you need.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,553 Posts
I second the nomination for KNS Brakes. I've gotten several things from them. They take the time to discuss what you want and why they are suggesting something as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts