SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, trying to find a good used engine for my 2018 Dodge Hellcat SRT with 18k miles pretty sure whoever had it before me, enjoyed the car, once it's replaced also be looking to sell as well. Any and help appreciated! Thank You

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,235 Posts
I'd probably try and sell it as-is, as the job you're looking to do is expensive, and the engine transplant is going to hurt the value regardless. Sure, you'll take a hit while selling it inop, but it won't be your problem either. Food for thought :)

· Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
814 Posts
Good luck with it. Keep us updated with your progress. Do you have any details about the car or pictures you can share?

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,554 Posts
Welcome to Hellcat.org.

Linda :)

· Registered
2016 Challenger HC M6; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT; 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
52 Posts
Did you buy it with the hurt engine or did the failure happen while you owned it? Either way, what can you tell us about the failure?

· Registered
87 Posts
www.car-part.com is your friend. Will locate used parts at most decent junkyards in the country.

Also curious how it failed? Details please!

· Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
814 Posts
I have a feeling this is one of those "one and done" kind of posts.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck with it. Keep us updated with your progress. Do you have any details about the car or pictures you can share?
Did you buy it with the hurt engine or did the failure happen while you owned it? Either way, what can you tell us about the failure?
I brought it at 14k miles, they got the car through Manheim from my mentors in San Diego, well they were, anyway, it was about 3k miles from needing another oil change, it was out with a renter. I have both a killswitch/engine gps in the car, we thought he had hit something under the body, as the oil just started leaking from the bottom when we towed it. But, apparently, there was nothing hit under the body it had blown a piston in the engine. The renter, wasn't pushing that hard, I believe/speculate with Mannheim, COVID manning shortages, and the guys in San Diego, who pulled the car through there didn't do there due diligence with inspection after Mannheim, also it took 2 months for my cars to come to me so....Yeah and here's some pictures, it's currently at Dodge here in Murfreesboro, TN, the Powertrain Warranty is still in place I just don't know if I should wait until warranty fixes it possibly 6 months later or get an engine and sell this thing off as it would more than hold it's value, not worried about getting another one, with the information I know about credit. etc etc
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a feeling this is one of those "one and done" kind of posts.
Nope, just busy trying to get the rest of my disability, kids, and dealing with idiotic family members, may have to get back overseas, but I'm still here, any help you can offer, thank you buddy!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm just curious why it would take 6 months to get fixed. Is there a backordered part or is the dealer booked out that far?
I don't know, the representative there mentioned it's taking longer due to delays with Mopar, and them proving/disapproving how it was used. I'm guessing supply shortages, should I try a new dealership it's the Beamen/Chrysler/Dodge in Murfreesboro. Any recommendations?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Super Stock
650 Posts
Do you know if I should move the car to another dealership how can I expedite the work for this under the warranty with Mopar? Thank you for your input too.
In cases like these, it may be time well spent to call around or visit in person, other nearby Dodge dealers and present them with your problem. The car looks modified and not sure if anything mechanical has been done. Dealers can refuse the warranty over a catch can let a lone missed oil change intervals, ect. If the dealer you have the car at now has agreed to the warranty but it will take time, I'd wait and be happy that they are willing to swap and engine.

Chances are, the claim will go to FCA for approval and not sure where you are in that process.

· Registered
215 Posts
If it was me, I would look for a Dodge service department that was not backed up with work and willing to start the job relatively quickly. Additionally if the service dept was hungry for service work they may be more apt to streamline the warranty with the factory if their findings during the failure investigation were not perfectly aligned with warranty guidelines.

Edit: GBLWRMR posted just before I did..................the message parallels a bit.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In cases like these, it may be time well spent to call around or visit in person, other nearby Dodge dealers and present them with your problem. The car looks modified and not sure if anything mechanical has been done. Dealers can refuse the warranty over a catch can let a lone missed oil change intervals, ect. If the dealer you have the car at now has agreed to the warranty but it will take time, I'd wait and be happy that they are willing to swap and engine.

Chances are, the claim will go to FCA for approval and not sure where you are in that process.
I haven't heard anything from them excepting the warranty as of yet, I had the car towed to them in December, and yes I had a wrap applied, new tires, and breaks for sport, only. I'll check around to other Dodge Dealerships for sure Friday. What's specific question should I be asking the current dealer as to why it hasn't been complete, I don't know if they've finished the inspection, although she said Mopar does ask for a number of picutres....Thanks everyone too for the responses and help I'd get this thing towed anywhere quick if I knew warranty at a dealership would knock this shit out!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
In cases like these, it may be time well spent to call around or visit in person, other nearby Dodge dealers and present them with your problem. The car looks modified and not sure if anything mechanical has been done. Dealers can refuse the warranty over a catch can let a lone missed oil change intervals, etc.. If the dealer you have the car at now has agreed to the warranty but it will take time, I'd wait and be happy that they are willing to swap and engine.

Also, all oil changes, appointments, service wise was done completed, valvoline, but I'll check the car fax though and see if it wasn't beforehand, I got one done though for sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts