SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

2018 Dodge Hellcat SRT Engine/ Sell after Fix

1199 Views 26 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  9secSRT
Hey all, trying to find a good used engine for my 2018 Dodge Hellcat SRT with 18k miles pretty sure whoever had it before me, enjoyed the car, once it's replaced also be looking to sell as well. Any and help appreciated! Thank You
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,425 Posts
It isn't the dealership that's backed up, it's the warranty process for an engine replacement. I went through it with my Ram two years ago (Maxcare Lifetime) and it was a little over 3 months from drop-off to pick-up. The process goes like this: Dealer submits warranty claim, Mopar requests photos from dealer, Mopar requests more photos, Mopar requests videos, Mopar requests data dump from vehicle, Mopar requests maintenance records from owner, Mopar send independent inspector to check vehicle, if inspector agrees Mopar requests replacement estimate from dealer, estimate goes through approval, if estimate is over $5,000 there is another approval panel, if they approve and repair is over $9,999 there is another approval panel. If they approve the dealer is issued an approval code to order parts per their estimate. Pray that none of the parts needed are on backorder (and the more expensive te part, the more likely it will be on backorder)). Any additional parts needed once repair starts must be approved separately. None of these steps happen quickly, the dealer can submit photos and not hear anything back for a few days, for example. Keep in mind that my 3+ month timetable was two years ago. Things are different (for the worse) today.

· Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
123 Posts
Is it worth it to you to pay multiple thousands of dollars to have the repair done instantly? I know there are many folks on here that have way more money than I do but I'm not sure even they wouldn't turn their nose up at a free engine.

· Registered
1,425 Posts
Is it worth it to you to pay multiple thousands of dollars to have the repair done instantly? I know there are many folks on here that have way more money than I do but I'm not sure even they wouldn't turn their nose up at a free engine.
The dealer's bill to Ram for my engine replacement was $21,000. I can't imagine what a Hellcat replacement engine would cost, double that?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It isn't the dealership that's backed up, it's the warranty process for an engine replacement. I went through it with my Ram two years ago (Maxcare Lifetime) and it was a little over 3 months from drop-off to pick-up. The process goes like this: Dealer submits warranty claim, Mopar requests photos from dealer, Mopar requests more photos, Mopar requests videos, Mopar requests data dump from vehicle, Mopar requests maintenance records from owner, Mopar send independent inspector to check vehicle, if inspector agrees Mopar requests replacement estimate from dealer, estimate goes through approval, if estimate is over $5,000 there is another approval panel, if they approve and repair is over $9,999 there is another approval panel. If they approve the dealer is issued an approval code to order parts per their estimate. Pray that none of the parts needed are on backorder (and the more expensive te part, the more likely it will be on backorder)). Any additional parts needed once repair starts must be approved separately. None of these steps happen quickly, the dealer can submit photos and not hear anything back for a few days, for example. Keep in mind that my 3+ month timetable was two years ago. Things are different (for the worse) today.
Thank you for that information. yeah, it's gotten started the process, and yes it's back and forth with Mopar, definitely looking at re-financing our loan and taking care of this to get a new payment method.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts