SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2019 Challenger REWB w/32 miles sells for $115,500 at Mecum Today

5K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  OverTheTarget 
#1 ·
WTF? Seriously? We all talk about collectability, but this is ridiculous. So I guess if you can afford to put one away....do it??

Black on Black
  • 32 miles
  • Protective plastic still affixed to driver's seat
  • Window sticker and inspection sheets
  • Finished in Pitch Black with Black interior
  • Redeye Widebody, $17,000 option
  • Supercharged 6.2L/797 HP V-8 engine
  • SRT Power Chiller
  • Torqueflite 8-speed automatic transmission
  • Steering wheel-mounted shift control
  • Widebody Competition suspension
  • Launch control and launch assist
  • Line lock
  • Widebody fender flares
  • 3.09 rear axle ratio
  • Brembo disc brakes
  • Laguna leather package
  • Red seatbelts
  • Plus Package with ventilated front seats, power tilt and telescopic column, suede door trim and map pocket and dark engine-turned interior accents
  • Driver Convenience Group including blind spot and rear cross path detection, HID headlamps and multi-function mirrors
  • Harman Kardon Audio Group with subwoofer and GreenEdge amplifier
  • Black hood pin kit
  • SRT Performance spoiler
  • 20x11 Devil's Rim forged aluminum wheels
  • 305/35ZR20 all season performance tires

See less See more
#9 ·
Disagree. It’s a ’19, not a ‘22. Dealing with a scummy dealer is a short term thing and at least you’d end up with a ‘22 afterwards. Being the bigshot at an auction is also a short term thing. Afterwards when the cameras go away and the hangover wears off you’re thinking ”Damn I couldve had a ‘22 for less“. Although some people have enough money where that isnt a factor I guess.

#3 ·
Reactions: furious70
#8 ·
Yup, in the same exact auction. Just reinforces the silliness of it. A newer SS sold for less than an older REWB. SS even has fewer miles. Guess somebody really wanted that REWB. But it does give something for the REWB owners to cheer about!

#4 ·
WTF? Seriously? We all talk about collectability, but this is ridiculous. So I guess if you can afford to put one away....do it??

Black on Black
  • 32 miles
  • Protective plastic still affixed to driver's seat
  • Window sticker and inspection sheets
  • Finished in Pitch Black with Black interior
  • Redeye Widebody, $17,000 option
  • Supercharged 6.2L/797 HP V-8 engine
  • SRT Power Chiller
  • Torqueflite 8-speed automatic transmission
  • Steering wheel-mounted shift control
  • Widebody Competition suspension
  • Launch control and launch assist
  • Line lock
  • Widebody fender flares
  • 3.09 rear axle ratio
  • Brembo disc brakes
  • Laguna leather package
  • Red seatbelts
  • Plus Package with ventilated front seats, power tilt and telescopic column, suede door trim and map pocket and dark engine-turned interior accents
  • Driver Convenience Group including blind spot and rear cross path detection, HID headlamps and multi-function mirrors
  • Harman Kardon Audio Group with subwoofer and GreenEdge amplifier
  • Black hood pin kit
  • SRT Performance spoiler
  • 20x11 Devil's Rim forged aluminum wheels
  • 305/35ZR20 all season performance tires
Told you so. First year always has greater value.

Reactions: KennS
#10 · (Edited)
Just wait until they are gone in a couple years, that's when the real escalation will begin. My friends who once called vintage Cuda's Challengers and Chargers dime-A-dozen used cars in the 70s/80s, now call today's Challenger the same (and they are wrong both times). Despite that I still don't think its worth the aggravation to keep a car solely as an investment though, due to how long it takes them to ramp up to a substantial gain. I do it because I enjoy owning them and like keeping them nice, yet ironically I have never spent a dime on cars (net overall cost) in my entire life while having a lot of fun. It's like having a no expense hobby if you own the right cars for the right reasons.

#12 ·
These cars are popular right now and with only a few thousand made every year, and some trims only in the Hundreds made every year maybe like now prices will remain high. Clean well kept cars will be valuable. I'm connected to Law Enforcement here in South Florida and specialized in Auto Theft. At least here these cars are disappearing by at least 4-6 a week. That covers all SRT models but especially Hellcats.

#23 ·
First day high bid was for a 1 ton truck, $250K, it was modified and had a 1980 cab thrown on, still don't understand that one. Several cars went for a steal while others went for more. It looks like most cars are going for less than anticipated but I'm only starting day 3. There's a couple of MOPAR I want to see go. There's also a huge spread in quality and condition so exact same two models may go for different prices.
Was looking at Autabuy and were listing the following:
68' Charger R/T 11K Miles XS92 - $109.500
72' Challenger 43K miles 425 hp , 727 trans - $42,000
70' Plymouth Cuda 440ci 4 speed - A33 Track Package - $149,995
72' Challenger 360 rebuild - $55,900
70' Plymouth Cuda 230 miles 440ci - 375 HP - $157,000
68' Plymouth Baracuda Fastback restoration - $39,500
69 Charger R/T 1K miles - $110,900
71' Plymouth baracuda 88K miles- $109,900
70' Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340ci Six Pack - $99,900

#37 ·
They will be the same as always, over inflated retail fatcat market unto itself. Nothing new.

Reactions: Dennis H
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.