SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Does anyone know where on this forum (I have searched) the comparison between normal and long-tube headers is with pics and such, evidently someone from Demon performance did it? I am curious (yellow.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Guys - so i bought me some Kooks headers with the connection pipes thru Jeggs (1,300$ w/tax) and i thought well i will need a Tune because its gonna run lean,i will spend the extra 500$ on the tune here in Miami,BUT OHH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

FIRST: YOU NEED TO UNLOCK THE PCM SINCE FROM 2015 THEY COME LOCKED(SO NO TUNE)
YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF AND SEND IT TO HP TUNERS OR DIABLO SPORT,FOR UNLOCKING THAT'S LIKE 300$,BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO UNLOCK MINE BECAUSE OF THE VOID IN THE WARRANTY.
SO I DECIDED TO BUY AN UNLOCKED ONE FORM HP TUNERS ( 778$ W/TAX). I ASKED THRU FACEBOOK MESSENGER IF I NEEDED SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE I READ ON THEY'RE PAGE YOU NEEDED SOME HPT FILE FROM THE CAR, SO WHEN I ASKED WHAT WAS THAT, THEY SAID THAT I DIDN'T NEEDED,
JUST ORDER THE CORRECT MODEL FROM THE WEBPAGE THEY SAID .
SO I WENT TO THEIR WEBPAGE FROM THE DROP DOWN PART I SELECTED
2018 -2019 DODGE CHALLENGER HELLCAT 6.2,RED EYE,DEMON BLA BLA BLA. AND ORDER IT.
I GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THAT I NEEDED THIS CABLE CALLED SMART CONNECT,FOR ME TO READ THE FILE SO THAT WAS 140$ (NEXT DAY DELIVERY).
SO THE CABLE GETS HERE ( THERE ARE SOME INSTRUCTIONS PRINTED) BUT NOT THE FU....^%^%$^& LOCATION OF THIS CABLE TO PLUG IT IN.

SO I CALLED LIKE 12 TIMES NO ANSWER FROM HP TUNERS, TURNS OUT FROM FINDING A FREAKING VIDEO ON YOUTUBE ON A 392 SCAT PACK THE GUY SAID IT WAS UNDER THE RADIO
SO I LOOKED CRAMMED MY HAND IN THERE FINALLY INSTALLED THE CABLE
PLUGGED IN THE HP TUNER SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED THE HPT FILE AND SEND IT TO THEM SO THEY CAN DO THEIR THING.
AND UNINSTALLED THE CABLE.

SO I CALLED TO CONFIRM THEY GOT THE FILE AND THAT I PAID 2 DAY DELIVERY (THEY CONFIRMED EVERYTHING) SO THAT WAS COOL.
AND THE NICE GUY TELLS ME "YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE CABLE THERE BECAUSE ONCE YOU GET THE PCM IF THE CABLE IS NOT THERE THE TUNER CANNOT WRITE TO IT :mad: SO I HAD TO TAKE THE WHOLE FREAKING THING OFF AGAIN.

THE THING IS ----WHY DON'T THEY EXPLAIN ALL THIS ?

1. YOU NEED A CABLE TO READ AND DOWNLOAD THE HPT FILE SINCE FROM 2015 THEY COME LOCKED ,BUT SINCE 2018 YOU NEED THIS CABLE.

2. THE LOCATION OMG THE LOCATION IMAGINE WORKING OUTSIDE AT 3PM IN THE FLORIDA SUN AND HUMIDITY.

3. YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE CABLE THERE FOR THE TUNING

ITS BULL CRAP THAT YOU BUY A CAR AND YOU NEED ALL THIS STUFF TO FREAKING TUNE IT.

SORRY GUYS I HOPE THIS GUIDES SOME OF YOU THAT HAVE A 2019 HELLCAT AND YOU WANNA TUNE IT .
EASY: BUY THE SMART CABLE FIND WHERE YOUR CAR HAS IT (PLEAS LEAVE IT INSTALLED).DOWNLOAD THE FILE, ORDER THE PCM ATTACHING THE HPT AND YOU ARE DONE o_O

-----SO MY EXPENSE CAME TO 1300 HEADERS,778 PCM,150 SMART CABLE ONE DAY SHIPPING,450 TUNE.
EQUALS: 2678$

HOPE YOU ENJOY CHANGING HEADERS ;)
Dude keep in mind as soon you disconnect your factory PCM you will void warranty

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
479 Posts
Like it or not, it's not 1968 any longer. Modding a car is whole new mess....and with all the laws over emissions and liability....it's never gonna get any easier. As we become a nation of sheep, such is the way.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts