SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for a little help from the experts who have already modded your Redeye. Is anyone legitimately selling a Front Strut Brace for the Redeye? I have tried Petty Garage, Mopar, and SpeedLogix. Petty sent one, but when questioned told me it would not fit. Bought the Mopar, after it came in the dealer said it would not fit and refunded my purchase. Ordered from Speedlogix, never sent, the 888 number is defunct, and they don't answer the substitute phone number they sent to me. So does anyone else make a Front Strut Brace?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,154 Posts
The Petty Brace works on a Redeye. Why would they say not? A very little trim of a leg of the new bracket on the drivers side is required.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Petty Brace works on a Redeye. Why would they say not? A very little trim of a leg of the new bracket on the drivers side is required.
I actually purchased and received the strut brace. I called them to verify fittment because of something I read, and their rep said return it, it does not fit my car. So I shipped it back to them.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,154 Posts
I actually purchased and received the strut brace. I called them to verify fittment because of something I read, and their rep said return it, it does not fit my car. So I shipped it back to them.
Okay, I was confused when you posted, “Hoping for a little help from the experts who have already modded your Redeye. Is anyone legitimately selling a Front Strut Brace for the Redeye?”

Here is the Petty Brace I Installed on my Redeye. You need to read the Forum deeper, several of us have installed it. The small mod trick to make it work is what I hinted at earlier and is elsewhere on this Forum. C-ya.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
218 Posts
Petty fits all Hellcats. 2019 there was a change to the evap system that requires you to trim part of the strut tower bracket. Easy install. I wrote up 'How to install' and posted it here. But I can't find it. I'll try to find it. Takes two hours to install and that's with taking a 1/2 nap in the middle.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
218 Posts
Found it.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,154 Posts
Well done piece @EV2&Q5, after reading how you did it, I bought mine. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
218 Posts
Glad I could help. The rear brace is one piece. Its just as sturdy. If you are going to track these cars at 4400lbs I believe they need to have stiffer chassis with a lower center of gravity. Brace what you can, add a quality suspension(not one that just lowers it for looks) and great tires. Track day pads, steel braided brake lines and DOT4 race brake fluid and all of a sudden all that HP is usable...to a point. If you can master track mode these things fly. My son just mounted the new Bridgestone R compound tires on his M2 for the track(summer) and they were just great. When my Michelins are done I'll switch over. BTW....he ordered his tires from Tire Rack and they delivered, mounted and balanced in tires in his driveway.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,154 Posts
That’s some good service! I am working through alignment settings, getting that camber more negative, and using bigger rubber. We are learning lots of things on how to set it up. Hope I am close, I’ll know more on Monday when I try it again after some measurements and changes. I know one thing, this car has lots of power to get to the pavement.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
218 Posts
Alignment for the track? I have an alignment shop close by that sets up alignment, camber based on what track I'm going to. Then sets it back for the road when I get back. It's $260 each track day. He has settings for all cars and 7 tracks in the west. I have surprised a few GT350s. They can't believe that my car is matching and beating their laps times. Of course lots of it has to to with wave byes. And they don't like doing that to me. In fact many drivers don't like giving me wave byes. Plus the diversity of skill sets comes into play. And im average. Those GT3s and Viper ACRs are just plum bad ass.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,154 Posts
I am getting it dialed in for especially on BIR up here, that is where I go the most. I am using the AAD equipment and changing it myself. The front toe is the most difficult since we only have the nut and shaft to move, and it’s sensitive to that camber change.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
218 Posts
I would love Brainard. Fast track. All our tracks here are in the desert. True on the alignment. Thats why I rely on an expert which I am not. So far he has it dialed in. Of course I wouldn't know except when the tires and brakes are warmed up my confidence goes up. Car feels 'right'. Down side? Gotta get gas after every session. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have a 69 Dart that runs 9.90 to 11.00 depending what strip I'm on. Dont need a heavy car for that. Both versions of racing demands focus, skill, knowledge, and money. I hope I can do it for a few more years. Then I'll change to Score off road series which I did do in a Dodge 1500 from 1984 to 1989. Taking about taring up equipment!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,154 Posts
I would love Brainard. Fast track. All our tracks here are in the desert. True on the alignment. Thats why I rely on an expert which I am not. So far he has it dialed in. Of course I wouldn't know except when the tires and brakes are warmed up my confidence goes up. Car feels 'right'. Down side? Gotta get gas after every session. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have a 69 Dart that runs 9.90 to 11.00 depending what strip I'm on. Dont need a heavy car for that. Both versions of racing demands focus, skill, knowledge, and money. I hope I can do it for a few more years. Then I'll change to Score off road series which I did do in a Dodge 1500 from 1984 to 1989. Taking about taring up equipment!
The Dart sounds like some big fun too. Tomorrow I have the pleasure of another day of lessons up at BIR. Best of both worlds, comp course in the morning and the big course in the afternoon. I love the more “senior & experienced” guys they have for the staff. I think the RE will be a different car than it was last week with the changes we made. Gas? We burn about a gallon a lap up there. The Vette club was allowing 1/2 hour sessions, we were pounding out 10-15 laps! The gas gauge was moving. Yep, I visit the pumps routinely after we get everything cooled down and looked at.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts