SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Build

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  coanan 
#1 ·
I know alot of people have topics all over the these forums but I just need help with my build and I figured this would be the place to get the right information. So far here is what I've done to my car.
-Full Corsa Extreme Exhaust System
-Corsa Long Tune Headers
-Billet Technologies Catch Can
-Legmaker CAI
-DSS 4" One Piece Drive Shaft
-775 FIC Fuel Injectors
-Unlocked PCM
-Diablo Base Tune (93 Octane Tune)
-2.85 Hellraiser Upper Pulley (Bearing Failure After 2 pulls) -Installed brand new 2 Weeks ago
So here's what I've been seeing boost wise since I've started my upgrades.
1)Stock: 10-11PSI BOOST
2)CAI & Catch Can: 10-11 PSI BOOST
3)Headers, Exhaust, & Tune: 12-13 PSI BOOST
4)Injectors, DSS 4" One Piece Drive Shaft, and 2.85 Upper Pulley: 16-17 PSI BOOST
(These are all readings from in car console display for the boost reference)
Also have installed
-AAD Full Suspension
-Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars
-Front and Rear Tower Strut Bars

I took the car out yesterday for some drive time and the pulley looked like it melted. Spoke to my mechanic who installed it and he told me it was bearing failure. This is not a daily driver for me but a weekend warrior car. Now I need to change out the pulley. Is it normal for a pulley to do that so soon? My questions out of all of this would be:
1- Is it more beneficial to switch to a 2.75 (or any other size pulley) Griptech Upper Pulley and pin the crank.
2- Will I need to look at having someone do an email drop in Tune
3- Should I stick with the 2.85 Upper Pulley?
4- Is the hellraiser pulley supposed to melt like that only after a few pulls?

Future plans for September 2022
-Flex Fuel System to run E85 (with a tune of course)
-Lower 10% Pulley or Incognito Lower Pulley (Not sure which yet)

My plans for the car is to eventually get as close to max output of the potential of the motor to make the most whp possible on the stock engine before having to change internals. (Not quite sure what that is because everyone I have talked to says something different) looking for any advice on how to proceed. Granted I am still pretty new to all this modification process and learning as I go so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.