SRT Hellcat Forum banner

8121 - 8140 of 8184 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
26 Posts
Picked my 19, Indigo Blue Wide Body up 2 weeks ago in Daytona Beach. Everything but the sun roof. Dealer tinted the windows. Nice drive home to NJ. Pit stop in Fayetteville NC for an oil change. Will get the 1500 mile oil change this week. Had the car ceramic coated yesterday along with the clear protect on the nose and flares. Added the Hellcat puddle lights. Now if mother nature will stop raining on us I can get her out of the garage for a drive this weekend.
Hello fellow Redeyes..... interesting problem. I have 1300 miles on the cat and Im hearing a whine in the rear between 40 and 45 mph when you let off the pedal. Is anyone else having this issue? I will be heading to my local dealer to get it looked at next week if mother nature doesnt snow on us again. A few other 2019 owners in my area have mentioned a similar problem and were told the rear did not have enough fluid from the factory..... kinda disturbing to give us a 90k car with 800hp and a rear short on fluid. I would suggest even if you dont have noise you take a quick ckeck to prevent any issues or mother dodge telling you if the rear blows, it was your fault for running it low on fluid. Other than that I love the car. Wishing the winter away so I can get out and enjoy the blacktop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Redeyes..... interesting problem. I have 1300 miles on the cat and Im hearing a whine in the rear between 40 and 45 mph when you let off the pedal. Is anyone else having this issue? I will be heading to my local dealer to get it looked at next week if mother nature doesnt snow on us again. A few other 2019 owners in my area have mentioned a similar problem and were told the rear did not have enough fluid from the factory..... kinda disturbing to give us a 90k car with 800hp and a rear short on fluid. I would suggest even if you dont have noise you take a quick ckeck to prevent any issues or mother dodge telling you if the rear blows, it was your fault for running it low on fluid. Other than that I love the car. Wishing the winter away so I can get out and enjoy the blacktop.
My 19 WB Cat does exactly the same thing at the same speed. It seems to be getting better as time and miles are increased. I am at 275 and all I can say is be real gentle with the car for the first couple hundred miles not for the engine's sake but for the rear diff. A lot of heat cycling seems to help. Doubt if it's low on oil. Big rear with big gears and they don't hold a lot of oil. Just a little over a quart. I wish they held more fluid. I am planning on changing the fluid on mine at 1500 with 75W90 instead of the 75W85 the factory uses. I live in a warm climate and the slightly thicker oil may help a little.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
26 Posts
I plan to get it in to the dealer this week. I have not abused my cat either. I know what she can do since this isnt my first. If the fluid is low I want it documented in the event there is an issue later or its determined several were built incorrectly I will want it replaced. There is no excuse for letting an error like this get out of the plant.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
4 Posts
Finally got a fantastic deal on a 2019 Octane Red NB from dealer stock - I’ve been wanting a hellcat for years but refused to play the dealer games and pay over sticker prices. Started looking in September when I started receiving all those special deal notices from Dodge - was worth the wait -

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
4 Posts
View attachment 547852 Finally got a fantastic deal on a 2019 Octane Red NB from dealer stock - I’ve been wanting a hellcat for years but refused to play the dealer games and pay over sticker prices. Started looking in September when I started receiving all those special deal notices from Dodge - was worth the wait -
Also took it into the dealer today for its first oil change after I clicked over 600 miles - had him check the Diff fluid based on the post above as I have the slight whine from the rear end around 45 mph - fluid full so I guess I’ll drain it myself and put some RedLine Diff fluid in as that helped on my other cars rear ends & manual transmissions

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
64 Posts
Also took it into the dealer today for its first oil change after I clicked over 600 miles - had him check the Diff fluid based on the post above as I have the slight whine from the rear end around 45 mph - fluid full so I guess I’ll drain it myself and put some RedLine Diff fluid in as that helped on my other cars rear ends & manual transmissions
my 2019 Widebody redeye has a slight whine as well in the rear. 2.62s. Only 300 miles so far

·
Registered
In The Market
41 Posts
My WB has just 600 miles on it so far with no noticeable whine coming from the RE. 3.09's.
Plenty of whine coming from under the hood though!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Congrats!!! Beautiful car.
View attachment 547852 Finally got a fantastic deal on a 2019 Octane Red NB from dealer stock - I’ve been wanting a hellcat for years but refused to play the dealer games and pay over sticker prices. Started looking in September when I started receiving all those special deal notices from Dodge - was worth the wait -

8121 - 8140 of 8184 Posts