SRT Hellcat Forum banner

8161 - 8180 of 8184 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Only 168 mph speed rating on 315-35-20 Invos, as an FYI. They are W rated.

So, as long as you keep it 32mph below the car's top speed, you're golden.

My car's bone stock and I've had it to 180. Not sure what you're planning with yours.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
56 Posts
Bugs after a long highway drive.. 200 miles and most of it 90-135 coming back from Vegas.
i went through vegas earlier this year and caught myself going around 125 numerous times. easy to speed on the 15, especially late at night. we got stuck during the day in vegas and ended up having to take the cat through a terrible dirt road near the prison, Whiskey Pete's to Buffalo Bills, to get out of town because 15 was shut down due to multiple fatality crashes, 2 of them.... my cat was red brown by the time we got to Buffalo Bills.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i lived in socal all up until 6 years ago when i moved to colorado. ive made that vegas drive from san diego to vegas in about 3.5 hours.....hwy 70 out east here, has great stretches, got my cat to 184.
Is there a "bug free season" in your area/down to Vegas? You know, cold temps, but dry lanes, so plenty of power potential but no insects to encounter?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
56 Posts
Is there a "bug free season" in your area/down to Vegas? You know, cold temps, but dry lanes, so plenty of power potential but no insects to encounter?
right now its fairly bug free. I washed the cat this weekend and went driving for about 3 hours and had just 1 bug on the bumper. temps were 60ish. roads were dry and sun was shining. took back roads from my house down to colorado springs. only ate 1 snake during the drive....

·
Registered
663 Posts
A Shelby Super Snake?
BTW, back roads are speed havens. Main highways are like trails in the Vietnam jungle during the war, as Richard Marcinko said: "If you want enemy contact, get on a trail."
Hmm, 11 minutes at WOT at 3.3 miles per minute is 34.3 miles on a full tank before you have to stop and refuel.
A mile per minute would take 34.3 minutes (60mph.) So, average cross-country speed would be greater at WOT than going 60, if your fuel stops were shorter than about 20 minutes or so.
At a mere 142mph, you would be using about half as much fuel per mile, for 22 minutes at that speed, followed by a fuel stop... I'm sure someone could put together an equation that would show the cost/time analysis.
In theory, at 71mph, one would be using 1/4 the fuel per mile of 142... extending stops for eight times as far or so as at 200mph, or 88 minutes which is about 100 miles. Not bad.
Highest speed limit I've seen is 85 somewhere in the Midwest on this sparkling white, brand spanking new superslab.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
56 Posts
A Shelby Super Snake?
BTW, back roads are speed havens. Main highways are like trails in the Vietnam jungle during the war, as Richard Marcinko said: "If you want enemy contact, get on a trail."
Hmm, 11 minutes at WOT at 3.3 miles per minute is 34.3 miles on a full tank before you have to stop and refuel.
A mile per minute would take 34.3 minutes (60mph.) So, average cross-country speed would be greater at WOT than going 60, if your fuel stops were shorter than about 20 minutes or so.
At a mere 142mph, you would be using about half as much fuel per mile, for 22 minutes at that speed, followed by a fuel stop... I'm sure someone could put together an equation that would show the cost/time analysis.
In theory, at 71mph, one would be using 1/4 the fuel per mile of 142... extending stops for eight times as far or so as at 200mph, or 88 minutes which is about 100 miles. Not bad.
Highest speed limit I've seen is 85 somewhere in the Midwest on this sparkling white, brand spanking new superslab.
just an overzealous 5.0... more of a bullsnake and just a mean hiss.

hmmm that equation..... ill take a shot at it later this evening after the kid has gone to bed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,115 Posts
2 months for me still have only driven on 285 snow tires and these crap bc wheels. i can't wait to drive it with even the factory summer tires.

maybe because my 2015 was an M6 but i can't get over how much faster the redeye is.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
The Redeye did get to run free for some 200 miles today, on dry roads, between occasional snowfalls.
It's been a while.

8161 - 8180 of 8184 Posts