SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2020 Charger WB only has around 500 miles on it and has been an Awesome Vehicle so far except for one small issue.

I have been hearing a Squeaking & Rattling noise coming from the Rear of the car at slower speeds 15-20 MPH and it gets louder as the car warms up or when its warm outside.

At first I thought it was the rear deck speaker shelf because I have the HK sound system. So my buddy who works for one of the best Car Audio shops in town, took it apart and checked everything back there and said he did not think it was the rear shelf everything was tight.

My local dealer service department sucks, I am going to take it to an out of town dealer which is about 65 miles away when ever I get some free time.

I now feel the problem is the suspension or exhaust, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experience this Rear Squeaking/Rattle/Rubbing noise from there WideBody Charger ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this problem. It was the active exhaust actuator. The motor went out on mines and the flap was being moved around freely by the vibration of the engine causing a rattle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this problem. It was the active exhaust actuator. The motor went out on mines and the flap was being moved around freely by the vibration of the engine causing a rattle.
Thanks for the reply, I was reading about that issue with the Active Exhaust but it look like most of the 2015-2018 cars are the only ones who had the issue did they fix it for 2019-2021 cars ?

What year is your car ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,027 Posts
Tap on the tips with the side of your fist and see if anything rattles back there

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I was reading about that issue with the Active Exhaust but it look like most of the 2015-2018 cars are the only ones who had the issue did they fix it for 2019-2021 cars ?

What year is your car ?
I’m not sure if it was fixed or not but mines is 2016. Just something to check out and cross off the list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts