SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a mid muffler delete on this 2020 Daytona 392. The rasp is terrible. I had a 2018 Sam exact work done and it was no where near as bad. What can I do to correct this? I want the same sound level or louder. Is it the resonators or something else causing this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,160 Posts
Put the mufflers back on?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
I did a mid muffler delete on this 2020 Daytona 392. The rasp is terrible. I had a 2018 Sam exact work done and it was no where near as bad. What can I do to correct this? I want the same sound level or louder. Is it the resonators or something else causing this.
Did you do it or did a muffler shop do it?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
I did the Vibrant thing last week, and it made a world of difference! Amazon $35? each. If they put 3" pipes in there, you could actually do it yourself if you do that stuff.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
Mine cost me only $100, excluding the Vibrants, and they even cleaned up the welds from the mid-muffler delete, and got rid of a rattle.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
13 Posts
Vibrant 1794s will do the trick. My brother did the mini bullets and you could still hear the rasp just not as bad. He ended up switching to the Vibrant 1794s. Definitely deeper and just as loud, at least to me.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
376 Posts
I agree with the Vibrant recommendation; the 1794 if you want loud with no rasp or the 1142 if you want slightly louder than stock with no rasp. Both will produce a deeper tone.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Vibrant 1794s will solve your problem. Deletes that I heard had way too much rasp and no tone, mini bullets still had rasp but nothing near what the delete had but a strange drone in the 2k rpm range, vibrants were perfect and I get nothing but a ton of compliments on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts