SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear solid intel about multiple 2020 Charger Hellcat models coming soon? Earlier in the year (2019) several news sites, including Mopar Insider, reported that there are going to be two (2) models of 2020 Charger Hellcats available by the end of the year. One 707hp (or 717) and one Redeye. So far on the Dodge order site there is only one (1) 2020 Charger Hellcat Widebody model avialable. The Challenger has four (4) models of 2020 Hellcats available to order. Come on Dodge! Why are you ignoring the Challenger's brother like this?

We are impatiently waiting for a 2020 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody to upgrade from our 2016 Charger Hellcat. (Another wish is for Dodge to offer the redline red color on the 2020 Hellcat Charger. It's available for the 2020 Durango SRT but not the Charger or Challenger.) There have also been rumors of a choice of rear end gear ratios too. As far as I've been able to find, nothing has shown up about that for Hellcat Chargers or Hellcat Challengers.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
474 Posts
Been patiently waiting myself, but from the looks of it, we probably won't be seeing a Charger Redeye until 2021 model year. Another slap in the face to charger owners if that is really true.

I'm already pricing out performance mods for my 16 Hellcat. Tired of waiting lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
753 Posts
So, this seems to have an appropriate title for what I want rile up...

Building and pricing a 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody is the most boring collection options out of any year yet. I like the CF interior package, but colors are down, hood pins are gone, and the new base wheels are similar to the spider web / manhole cover ones on the lower models. What tf is dodge doing? I'm talking narcolepsy land.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I can tell you the Redeye is coming. Late spring

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
648 Posts
Being in the business, I have spoken to higher ups and i can not get any confirmation that a redeye will be put in Charger. They specificaly want to keep that in line on the challengers and have said they have not even considered it as of yet From what i have been told, all just speculation and mopar insiders has been wrong before when they first claimed the WB Charger was a redeye...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,048 Posts
Tim K did say last year that it was now the Charger's turn to get some of the performance goodies previously reserved for Challenger. So does that mean they are going to stop at the Widebody and a 717hp Daytona? I think not. The standard Charger WB for 2020 still has the same 707hp as before and that goes against what Tim K just said, so a Redeye Charger seems in line with what he said. And the fact that no one is saying anything, I wouldn't read too much into that, they've really shut these leaks down and those who do know are not going to risk their jobs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,471 Posts
So, this seems to have an appropriate title for what I want rile up...

Building and pricing a 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody is the most boring collection options out of any year yet. I like the CF interior package, but colors are down, hood pins are gone, and the new base wheels are similar to the spider web / manhole cover ones on the lower models. What tf is dodge doing? I'm talking narcolepsy land.
Nothing is more boring than the five spoke 2017+ wheels. Generic snooze wheels. And the 2019 WB wheels? Blocky looking and completely ruin the flow of the lines of the car to me. Not a match. The Warpspeeds are a wider ‘15/‘16 Slingshot wheel. I think it’s what the WB needed. Nothing like the lower spec ugly wheels imo. I couldnt care less about the ‘look at me‘ missing colors either lol. People love to say they love those but dont actually order them much compared to other colors.
RE Charger without question will happen. Just a matter of time.

Reactions: GR8YTE

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
753 Posts
Nothing is more boring than the five spoke 2017+ wheels. Generic snooze wheels. And the 2019 WB wheels? Blocky looking and completely ruin the flow of the lines of the car to me. Not a match. The Warpspeeds are a wider ‘15/‘16 Slingshot wheel. I think it’s what the WB needed. Nothing like the lower spec ugly wheels imo. I couldnt care less about the ‘look at me‘ missing colors either lol. People love to say they love those but dont actually order them much compared to other colors.
RE Charger without question will happen. Just a matter of time.

The 5 spokes I have are my favorite behind the Devils rim and the Demons 18s. The warp speed and sling shots aesthetically are the same. Their width does nothing visually to their "face." Fine wheels, just too busy to clean. As far as colors go are you implying that people are all talk about the high impact colors? I had a Yellow Jacket before this and I wanted either Redline Red, Go Mango, or Plum Crazy.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,471 Posts
I kind of am. People clamor for high impact colors yet they are usually the least sold. Of course some are buyers lol. You are one of them. But the majority arent.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
474 Posts
Finally some solid proof that it's coming.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,821 Posts
SpringFest 15 (March 20-23) and NY Autoshow (April 10-19) are just around the corner.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'll take a Charger HC RE if they can give me a very comparable lease rate to my 2018.

Anyone know if the Charger WB panels extend beyond the side mirrors?

Reactions: granitecitycat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
474 Posts
I'll take a Charger HC RE if they can give me a very comparable lease rate to my 2018.

Anyone know if the Charger WB panels extend beyond the side mirrors?
Not too sure. Haven't seen one in person.

Since I'll most likely be purchasing, and I just saw they extended the power dollars to 2020, I'm going to be pretty mad if this car either doesn't get released for 2020 or the power dollars stops when it's released.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts