SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum great to be here MOPAR FAM! and I wanted to obtain any leads/assistance in finding a dealership that will work with you on a lease deal 36 months at 12/15k under $770/month OTD high tier 1 credit. Also, are you able to build what you would like and still be able to utilize any deals offered by the dealer i.e. 5% under invoice.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
272 Posts
It depends on the MSRP of the car, but yes you can have one built/ordered.
For example, my brother ordered one two weeks ago and the lease quote he got was 36months/10k and it would be $672/month with $1500 down....using June's numbers.
(he qualifies for Employee Pricing, btw)

MSRP of the car is $77,250

The car is already built and he should have it by next week hopefully.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at a couple MSRP between 75-77 including the options i want (red seatbelts, alcantara package and sunroof). Sounds great! Was the $1,500 including first months payment along with tax, tag and fees? And could you possibly share the sales rep/managers info?

Thanks
For example, my brother ordered one two weeks ago and the lease quote he got was 36months/10k and it would be $672/month with $1500 down....using June's numbers.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
272 Posts
It's all a moot point though, using (being quoted) old/June numbers...it was just a ball park. In reality, he'll be subject to whatever the numbers/incentives are for July in his case. Or whatever month you get your car, in your case.

He was working with a guy at Shuman in Walled Lake, Michigan.
I'm not sure what the $1500 included. I'm more of the numbers/specifics guy, but I wasn't there and didn't see the deal....I just know the basics. My brother just wanted another Hellcat and doesn't really look at the details, unfortunately lol.

I'll be going with him to get the car, so hopefully I can have more details then and can share them.
(hopefully next week)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's all a moot point though, using (being quoted) old/June numbers...it was just a ball park. In reality, he'll be subject to whatever the numbers/incentives are for July in his case. Or whatever month you get your car, in your case.

He was working with a guy at Shuman in Walled Lake, Michigan.
I'm not sure what the $1500 included. I'm more of the numbers/specifics guy, but I wasn't there and didn't see the deal....I just know the basics. My brother just wanted another Hellcat and doesn't really look at the details, unfortunately lol.

I'll be going with him to get the car, so hopefully I can have more details then and can share them.
(hopefully next week)
Haha hey nothing wrong with that! When you just want the car you want the car! I'm a numbers guy as well but, if that $1,500 was not merely cap cost reduction he has a great deal! I'll research what July MF and residual is for my area. By playing on random dealers we sites it appears Dodge is giving $500 in lease incentives. So the dealer willing to work 5% or more under MSRP make or break the deal for sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
June numbers from Chrysler Capital
24/15: .00016 MF and 71% residual
36/15: .00017 MF and 62% residual

July numbers from Chrysler Capital
36/15
.00017 MF and 62% residual

For my zip code and I reside in North Carolina

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
272 Posts
June numbers from Chrysler Capital
24/15: .00016 MF and 71% residual
36/15: .00017 MF and 62% residual

July numbers from Chrysler Capital
36/15
.00017 MF and 62% residual

For my zip code and I reside in North Carolina
So nothing changed for July.....if so, that's good news and it should be what he was quoted (thru C. Cap).
I'd assume that's what they used.

I'll know for sure whenever we go to pick up the car though

·
Registered
7 Posts

I put down $3000 for my lease should my payment be lower then the $600

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
640 Posts
Chrysler Capital DEDUCTS the gas guzzler tax and will not let it residualize.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
272 Posts
I put down $3000 for my lease should my payment be lower then the $600
Is that a question or a statement?

If a question...no.
My brother is getting first responder and Chrylser Employee pricing at that $672 with $1500 down. I'm pretty sure there aren't any lease incentives or rebates either.
Another $1500 = $40/month less, which = ~$630/month.
That is including Michigan sales tax of 6% I should add, btw. Tax obviously varies by state.

You'd need ~$4k down to get to around $600/month. BUT putting money down on a lease is dumb. If you wreck the car the next day, you're out that $4k. Insurance will pay off the car, but you won't get that money back & you won't have a car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
272 Posts
Chrysler Capital DEDUCTS the gas guzzler tax and will not let it residualize.
If they don't include it though...where does that number factor in eventually?
Do they just ignore it, or do they just tack on that $2,100 tax as $58/month of your payment?
($2100 divided by 36 months)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
640 Posts
They deduct it right off of MSRP.. so if the car MSRP is 75,000 the MSRP that the lease will be residualized off of will be 72,800 if GG tax is $2200. I forget how much it is.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
458 Posts
If they don't include it though...where does that number factor in eventually?
Do they just ignore it, or do they just tack on that $2,100 tax as $58/month of your payment?
($2100 divided by 36 months)
It is deducted from the msrp immediately hence this is your new msrp, the sales price you have stays the same so for example,

Msrp 75k sales price 68k
New msrp 73k sales price 68k

The residual is based off that new msrp so hence your residual goes down by 2k, i.e you basically pay that $2k over 36 months + the mf and tax on that so you might pay $2500-$3k depending on taxes and mf.

Because lease = (sales price - residual) + rent charge (mf) + taxes/dealer fees, and divide that all by the term (but you know this)

Basically it's a $70-$80 increase on Monthly.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
458 Posts
Also as a PSA

There is a $1500 incentive to lease a charger wb hellcat in arizona and a few neighboring states. I think it's arizona, utah, and new mexico only, but don't quote me on that, quickest way to find out if you qualify is put your zip code in dodge shopping incentives on their main website.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
458 Posts
Also as a PSA

There is a $1500 incentive to lease a charger wb hellcat in arizona and a few neighboring states. I think it's arizona, utah, and new mexico only, but don't quote me on that, quickest way to find out if you qualify is put your zip code in dodge shopping incentives on thwir
Is that a question or a statement?

If a question...no.
My brother is getting first responder and Chrylser Employee pricing at that $672 with $1500 down. I'm pretty sure there aren't any lease incentives or rebates either.
Another $1500 = $40/month less, which = ~$630/month.
That is including Michigan sales tax of 6% I should add, btw. Tax obviously varies by state.

You'd need ~$4k down to get to around $600/month. BUT putting money down on a lease is dumb. If you wreck the car the next day, you're out that $4k. Insurance will pay off the car, but you won't get that money back & you won't have a car.

Employee pricing is insane, this is a good data point but the majority of people won't qualify and as such this should be marked with an asterisk.

To put it into perspective employee leases save you roughly $100-$150 off your monthly.

Nobody should have Employee pricing on their mind, fca dealers would rather sit on a hellcat than lease it for that cheap for a non-employee.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is deducted from the msrp immediately hence this is your new msrp, the sales price you have stays the same so for example,

Msrp 75k sales price 68k
New msrp 73k sales price 68k

The residual is based off that new msrp so hence your residual goes down by 2k, i.e you basically pay that $2k over 36 months + the mf and tax on that so you might pay $2500-$3k depending on taxes and mf.

Because lease = (sales price - residual) + rent charge (mf) + taxes/dealer fees, and divide that all by the term (but you know this)

Basically it's a $70-$80 increase on Monthly.
Great lease breakdown!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also as a PSA

There is a $1500 incentive to lease a charger wb hellcat in arizona and a few neighboring states. I think it's arizona, utah, and new mexico only, but don't quote me on that, quickest way to find out if you qualify is put your zip code in dodge shopping incentives on thwir

Employee pricing is insane, this is a good data point but the majority of people won't qualify and as such this should be marked with an asterisk.

To put it into perspective employee leases save you roughly $100-$150 off your monthly.

Nobody should have Employee pricing on their mind, fca dealers would rather sit on a hellcat than lease it for that cheap for a non-employee.
@bay_area Would you recommend going into the dealership discussing building what you'd like to lease? Or starting an email conversation to avoid wasting time?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
458 Posts
@bay_area Would you recommend going into the dealership discussing building what you'd like to lease? Or starting an email conversation to avoid wasting time?
Always do all negotiating over the phone or email, don't step into the dealership until you have a deal in place. All negotiating power goes out the door when you step inside the dealership.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts