SRT Hellcat Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,967 Posts
You obviously live in a nice neighborhood. In my neighborhood people hear shots they look the other way. Bad guys Steal and take what they want.
Well, I wouldn't call our neighborhood nice, and there's a fair amount of shooting going on. Nobody pays attention to it.
Just about everybody has several guns. But the shooting is generally to sight in weapons, or when hunting deer, elk, etc.

As a result, theft is practically unheard of around here. Most people don't lock their houses, for example.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
489 Posts
This is a hot button subject for some it seems ,so to be truthful IMOP it’s not cruel to have a dog to protect your place,I’m a disabled vet and I trained all my dogs myself and I’m pretty good at it even from a wheelchair ,not only are they my best friends but family,& trained as service dogs to,so they are always with me in my home by my side,& yes my dog know what a gun is he is trained to even take it from someone if need be,but my dogs main use is as my friend and helper being crippled, I don’t see having a dog that will also protect you as cruel ever as long as your not one of those ASSHOLES who beat it to make it mean and leave it outside on a chain,that I hate period...
Knowing my dog would give its life to protect me I’d do the same for him just as I’d did for the guy next me when i was deployed,the guy may of not been my blood but he was still my brother ,& that’s how I see my dog,and I’d pick him over a car anyway if it came down to it ,but it still doesn’t mean I’d let some lazy ass thug come take what’s mine with out a full on fight..We sent dogs we loved into buildings knowing there’s guys armed who’d kill ya easier than looking at ya but it doesn’t mean we didn’t love the dogs,most of the time the dogs won, but we shared in the danger as well just as I would at home facing someone, and the dog being released isn’t the first action in my book ,unless your a coward who doesn’t back your dog up & then runs to dial 911 & HOPES for the best..
Anyway yes there’s some validity to it being hard on the dogs mostly in a professional setting, I feel even some police dogs are over worked and treated too much like tools, and sent in to harms way when it’s not absolutely necessary while others are taken care of as much as possible.as far as ppl in the so called ghetto nit being scared ,lol..I personally don’t think it matters where your at or which neighborhood you live in if a person (thug) is scared off by a dog,it really comes down to each individual themselves,& even the situation it’s self ..I’ve seen tiny guys who aren’t scared of dogs and huge guys with a gun crap their pants drop it and run, from a small 50lb dog never mind 100lb plus ,a 200lb dog loose and barking at night can even scare many professional dog handler‘s off, heck I’m not normally scared of dogs but even Myself before I was crippled have felt that chill up my back and your knees go weak,one of my best friends ever who just happened to be a Texas sheriff had a 210lb Rockweiler and that put the fear of god in me one day in the back yard when I went out to give another dog he had 120lb rot some water ...thought it was going to come through the fence while bearing all its teeth and I’d petted it and walked before,& I was there all the times,So even dogs have bad days and wake up on the wrong side of the bed..

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
801 Posts
In the current times using a dog for security seems cruel. Unless the dog knows how to use a gun and knife. They’ll just kill the dog and not even think about it. And if the dog bites them they’ll Lawsuit you or come and kill you. Lose, lose. The animals that are stealing these cars treat people like dogs Imagine how they will treat your dog.
Dog only keeps honest people honest like a car alarm.
I don't think you've seen what a real guard dog is like. I can't use mine as an example, because mine is more a scent/tracker with a little guard dog training. But, dogs like professionally trained Dobermans. Those are basically 4 legged death ninjas when trained professionally. They train them to be completely silent. No barking, soft steps... and they just sneak up on the target and let the good times roll. The trainer who trained my Coonhound specializes in Dobermans, and watching his dogs work is a thing of awe.

He has a training house that's low lit and they put all sorts of things on the floor like paper sacks, cans, paper, etc... basically things that make noise. They train the dogs to avoid obstacles and walk silently through the house and ambush the target unseen and unheard.

I inquired about the cost to get a trained Doberman like that... but, after he told me I said, "How much for 15 days training for a Coonhound?" So, for a couple grand I have a REALLY LOUD amateur guard dog that was also trained to be a proper raccoon scent hunter. Side effects = he can open cupboards and rob you blind just as well as he can hunt down a 1"x1" square of bacon in a half acre yard in under 2 minutes.

My Coonhound sleeps in the bed with my wife and I. He's my best buddy... and I don't think it's cruel to have a guard dog. I love my dog, truly, but in a crisis scenario, I want everyone to survive (minus the perp, could care less really). The dog, my wife and I are a team. But if things go sideways, the dog gives you valuable standoff/prep time. I agree a guard dog living with poorly trained owners is of little value... but when I'm a highly trained veteran and my wife also has professional defense training, when you combine the three of us, there's not too many garden variety bad guys who are going to get the better of us.

Realistically, we're not trying to take on the Expendables over here, but a few teenagers looking for a joyride, a common home invader or two... we can handle that.

·
Registered
2020 Charger Scat Pack
1 Posts
Sorry to hear man.. last year my buddy had his Scat stolen from an apartment complex. It really is a targeted environment, regardless if the area is nice or not. He only had that thing for a week too. Hope you find some information and are able to resolve this. Best of luck!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
482 Posts
When you live in the hood there’s always dogs barking. People hear a gunshot and the dog shuts up everybody says. “Good” And goes back to sleep or otherwise basically move on with their day

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
55 Posts
Man need to start a thread/topic HC stolen in here with all I’m seeing. Might be good place for ideas on how to prevent or stop this from happening centralized for the owners.

Sorry you lost yours too man was a beautiful car.

Sad world we live in.

-Mike

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
489 Posts
heck I sold my dream car, and then had all the funds stolen by a state home health helper in my own home, she took about 50k ,(it was the biggest theft in Texas history from the program)money from the sale of my ZL1 vet 750 LPE , I’d planned on always keeping it, knew I’d never be able to buy another dream car outright..but daughter needed a car, funds for college, and then after finding out how hard it was for vets & first responders to get service dogs, and the cost up to 25k each, a wait list from a yr to 3-4 yrs for free, I trained my own after not being able to fork over 25k, so i figured I’d use the balance to save dogs from shelters and then donate the trained dogs to DVETS,ETC…
SO this women not only robbed me, my kids college fund ,but took the lives of dogs who would of had a totally different life, and prevented only god knows how many DVETS from getting free dogs….
all the gun training in the world wouldn’t of prevented it, plus the cops who investigated it, were too lazy to even drive to 100miles to Houston to take a pic of the thief,(she moved after stealing it) so I could identify her, instead I was given 20 pics to identify her from , all ten yrs old from DMV data bases to point her out…lol good luck with that..
I hate ppl who steal, I get young kids who screw up, their brains don’t always think right, but adults who wreak ppls lives, ppl who are meant to be trustworthy, we need laws like in other countries, so harsh, they cut your fingers off, screw probation alone..we like to think we are the free country and want to treat ppl the right way, but the freedom we have already ,too many don’t realize they already won a Jack pot by either being born here, or allowed to move to a country where your able to find work, go to school, have rights ,too many low life’s thugs are simply just lazy and want to take what others have worked hard for, anyway I’ve had my rant…I just got pissed today wishing I still had my car after flipping through the web..
heck I’d trade a organ, for another one, and that’s not a joke, I’m already a donor , but I’d never see the benefits of it, or enjoy it before death…I don’t see a difference between blood,and your own kidneys…:)..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
489 Posts
I hate car thieves as much as murderers, or other horrendous individuals…I could understand if someone stole a car to survive, and simply took a old POS , but stealing ppls dreams which is what certain cars are to those who love cars, or it’s got meaning to them, like a classic that’s been handed down from their parents…we need tougher laws, we need to make law makers crack down, by threatening their livelihoods by voting him out of office if they won’t change certain laws..

·
Registered
87 Posts
LOL, you couldn’t just commiserate and keep it moving? You just had to start with the sociopolitical commentary, huh? Still licking wounds, I guess. This is a forum for cars, not politics. There are other places for you to bash the “certain demographic” you’re so worried about, I’m sure you know where they are. Not appropriate here, bud. Moderator? Moderator?? (In my best Ben Stein voice...)
Whiner
LOL, you couldn’t just commiserate and keep it moving? You just had to start with the sociopolitical commentary, huh? Still licking wounds, I guess. This is a forum for cars, not politics. There are other places for you to bash the “certain demographic” you’re so worried about, I’m sure you know where they are. Not appropriate here, bud. Moderator? Moderator?? (In my best Ben Stein voice...)
Whiners

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
55 Posts
heck I sold my dream car, and then had all the funds stolen by a state home health helper in my own home, she took about 50k ,(it was the biggest theft in Texas history from the program)money from the sale of my ZL1 vet 750 LPE , I’d planned on always keeping it, knew I’d never be able to buy another dream car outright..but daughter needed a car, funds for college, and then after finding out how hard it was for vets & first responders to get service dogs, and the cost up to 25k each, a wait list from a yr to 3-4 yrs for free, I trained my own after not being able to fork over 25k, so i figured I’d use the balance to save dogs from shelters and then donate the trained dogs to DVETS,ETC…
SO this women not only robbed me, my kids college fund ,but took the lives of dogs who would of had a totally different life, and prevented only god knows how many DVETS from getting free dogs….
all the gun training in the world wouldn’t of prevented it, plus the cops who investigated it, were too lazy to even drive to 100miles to Houston to take a pic of the thief,(she moved after stealing it) so I could identify her, instead I was given 20 pics to identify her from , all ten yrs old from DMV data bases to point her out…lol good luck with that..
I hate ppl who steal, I get young kids who screw up, their brains don’t always think right, but adults who wreak ppls lives, ppl who are meant to be trustworthy, we need laws like in other countries, so harsh, they cut your fingers off, screw probation alone..we like to think we are the free country and want to treat ppl the right way, but the freedom we have already ,too many don’t realize they already won a Jack pot by either being born here, or allowed to move to a country where your able to find work, go to school, have rights ,too many low life’s thugs are simply just lazy and want to take what others have worked hard for, anyway I’ve had my rant…I just got pissed today wishing I still had my car after flipping through the web..
heck I’d trade a organ, for another one, and that’s not a joke, I’m already a donor , but I’d never see the benefits of it, or enjoy it before death…I don’t see a difference between blood,and your own kidneys…:)..
Jesus man I’m so sorry to hear all this.

-Mike

101 - 114 of 114 Posts