SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do dealerships mark up base hellcats by 10k? Super stock or an extremely specced out redeye, I get, but why the base cats

·
Registered
158 Posts
"People" (quoted because I have other words I typically describe them with) - pay the price. I live in Florida, the amount of idiots walking in and buying any sort of sports / muscle car to show off their tiny peen is such that dealers can sell these things at or above MSRP more often then they should lol.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"People" (quoted because I have other words I typically describe them with) - pay the price. I live in Florida, the amount of idiots walking in and buying any sort of sports / muscle car to show off their tiny peen is such that dealers can sell these things at or above MSRP more often then they should lol.
So what should I do? Will they be likely to work with the pricing with me? It is listed at like 63k with the markup, it is a 2020 and the 21s are rolling in so I would like if they would give me at least 5k if not 7-10k off the markup

·
Registered
158 Posts
So what should I do? Will they be likely to work with the pricing with me? It is listed at like 63k with the markup, it is a 2020 and the 21s are rolling in so I would like if they would give me at least 5k if not 7-10k off the markup
Dealers come up with their way of justifying cost....not sure what to tell you other than me personally, I wouldn't pay anything over at the very least invoice pricing and half holdback.

I shopped pretty much everywhere except dealers over 1500 miles away. Paid 61k for my 76k sticker WB Charger HC.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
That’s bassackwards. A lot of us got 10-$18k below msrp on them in 2020. My RE included. I would travel and get a real deal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
252 Posts
Counting power dollars my 2019 REWB was just over $15K off sticker. My 2021 REWB on order, not quite so good, at $10K under sticker with the rebate. The 2019 was bought at end of model year, the 2021 at the beginning. Both MSRP was right at $89K, not loaded up.

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
Counting power dollars my 2019 REWB was just over $15K off sticker. My 2021 REWB on order, not quite so good, at $10K under sticker with the rebate. The 2019 was bought at end of model year, the 2021 at the beginning. Both MSRP was right at $89K, not loaded up.
Youve done well. I was lucky to get 10k plus the 7970 PD off of msrp on my ‘20 RE 94k msrp order back in last May. I know for ‘21 the deals arent quite as good but to pay 10k over on a leftover makes zero sense and a lot of dollars for the dealer lol. These posts are good for the OP to see so he doesnt get screwed (as badly lol).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
252 Posts
Yep its not easy to get the "best deal" but its not difficult to avoid taking it "hard and dry" as we say around here.

·
Registered
‘21 REDEYE SUPER STOCK
1,206 Posts
My area is really bad on ADM...9-14 over on WBRE’s and super stock’s

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do a fly in and drive out through Koons, you will probably not find a better deal.
I second this thought! Hell, it’s exactly how I’m buying mine.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Get them gass guzzling cats while ya still can.....
I am keeping mine.
My thinking fwiw, with Covid & the onset of electric self driving crap, the charging port lines will be 50 + 100 cars deep if you are road tripping.
Takes me 5 minutes to slap the pump, squeeze the trigger and fill er up with premium.
Back on the road in 10 minutes tops with snacks, and a range of 240 miles @ 700hp/ Track or Sport setting.
Custom @ 500hp maybe 300 miles.

Reactions: hellsie

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
431 Posts
Dealer markups are typically for new models that dealers know will have high initial demand. Some people are silly enough to pay extra just so they can be the fist to have something new. Patient people won't have to deal with mark-ups or try to negotiate it down.

Look way back when the PT Cruiser first came out. They were marked up at least $5k at nearly every dealer for several months when they were released. Can you imagine people paying that much over sticker for a PT Cruiser! lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
paying over sticker for a toy is simply a want....1$ to many, maybe in fact represents 25c to someone else. The zip code dictates the economic class...

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
Dealer markups are typically for new models that dealers know will have high initial demand. Some people are silly enough to pay extra just so they can be the fist to have something new. Patient people won't have to deal with mark-ups or try to negotiate it down.

Look way back when the PT Cruiser first came out. They were marked up at least $5k at nearly every dealer for several months when they were released. Can you imagine people paying that much over sticker for a PT Cruiser! lol
Thing is 2020 is not a first year anything for Hellcats. It's actually last year now... There is zero reason to pay more than 3-4% below invoice on a leftover which even when it was 2020 was not a new model.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
815 Posts
They were over $50k ADM on the Demon, and over $20k on the 2015 Hellcats, and 2008 SRT8s around here 😡

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
431 Posts
Thing is 2020 is not a first year anything for Hellcats. It's actually last year now... There is zero reason to pay more than 3-4% below invoice on a leftover which even when it was 2020 was not a new model.
I completely agree with you. I wasn't suggesting that there is any reason for mark-ups on Hellcats. I hope you didn't read my post that way.

I always buy slightly used vehicles less than two years old and low miles so I still have plenty of bumper-to-bumper warranty left in case anything is wrong with it. This also eliminates the pesky gas guzzler tax. ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts