SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
It’s a 65K sale tops.
Prices are going to start dropping in the coming year
Everyone that over paid will take huge hits come real soon
Not in today’s climate. I’m watching 2019 RE’s at wholesale auction bringing high 70’s and the sellers are refusing even those bids. It’s still crazy right now.

·
BMF
4,541 Posts
Ok believe what you want.
It’s free to believe what you want
The time to dump has passed

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
429 Posts
Im not sure about this. Maybe by the end up the year. We just made 7k off our tahoe and we put 9k miles on it. This market is crazy.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
It's not a belief. It's tangible fact. If you have people like me still getting 70k Vroom offers on a car with 17k miles... the time to unload may be coming to an end, but that end is not here just yet. I may have been able to get more at auction for mine than I did (almost a certainty, actually). It would be one thing if these offers were a fluke, but I had offers from Carvana and Vroom, both at 70k, and I had no fewer than 10 interested parties in my car that all were bidding between 70-75k... for a 2 year old car with 17k miles (NB Hellcat even). The car was only advertised for 5 days before a deal was made.

So, not only were offers made at that elevated 70k+ level, numerous ones were made AND they came quick. It took almost no effort to get the price I wanted for the car. Thus, the seller's market is still in effect. Had the time passed to sell the car, I'd have gotten very few real offers and they would be offering 58-62k or so. The reason why the bubble is still in existence is due to supply. Yes, you can get a new one for a few grand more than my used one. However, said new ones are difficult to find and most folks are having to resort to waiting on a factory build order. Some people don't like the idea of waiting 4-5 months for a new car. Hence why cars like mine sell. They're pristine and ready to be picked up immediately.

This bubble will exist until such time when a person interested in buying can get one by going to the dealership and putting in a dealer locate for the trim and color of their choice and receive it within a day or two. If all goes well, industry analysts are anticipating 90-120 days for stocks to return to normal. Then, yes, the time to sell will have passed. But, that is not the case... right now.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
I believe what I see. I see (in person) them bringing crazy money still on a weekly basis at wholesale auctions. These are dealers paying these prices who are then obviously selling them at higher numbers. I def believe what I see and it’s not rumor or guessing. Will it level out? Definitely. Is that time now? Nope.
Also with the platform ending altogether these cars are going to level out at a significantly higher value than before. Values are going to stay relatively high here on out.
Anyone who bought and received the higher rebates along with a discount on top will always stand to be in a better position, meaning 2019/20’s with the $7970 rebates. Their values went up along with the newer ones but the buy-in was a lot lower than on the ‘21+, so selling a ‘19/‘20 is going to net most people a nicer chunk of cash.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
This bubble will exist until such time when a person interested in buying can get one by going to the dealership and putting in a dealer locate for the trim and color of their choice and receive it within a day or two.
And even THOSE days are numbered due to the platform ending so tbh I dont see values ever really dropping to anywhere near what you and I would consider ‘normal’. You nailed it - supply. Soon the supply will end forever. These cars will hold fairly strong for the foreseeable future imo.

Reactions: Germansheperd

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
And even THOSE days are numbered due to the platform ending so tbh I dont see values ever really dropping to anywhere near what you and I would consider ‘normal’. You nailed it - supply. Soon the supply will end forever. These cars will hold fairly strong for the foreseeable future imo.
Agreed. I predict that they'll hover for a good long while (5+ years). I don't know what that hover price will be for sure. For used cars like mine, I'd be willing to bet they settle in the high 50s long-term. Collectible low mileage examples... the sky's the limit really. For mine though, I wanted to unload it quickly because I do recognize that mine was used daily. It was meticulously maintained, but make no bones about it, it was driven 17k miles in under 2 years. I wasn't going to get 80k for it and if I waited too long, I'd lose 10k or so because I believe a "fair" price for mine in a semi-normal economy is likely closer to 62k (MSRP of 76k).

I just think these cars will hover at an elevated level due to the end of supply. It would be one thing if there was a new 2024 Hemi model replacing the existing platform. That's not the case though. It's going to be replaced with an EV and an i4 or i6 drivetrain on a likely all new chassis. It's a paradigm shift away from the standard muscle car into wholly uncharted territory. Suffice to say, there is no replacement for these. Just an end.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Reactions: CPO Super stock

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi everyone. Sorry. Rough week. Glad to see so much debate. To summarize all the questions. They are Mopar mud flaps. They fit perfect even though they are not supposed to. Yes all REWB are automatics.
$ 100,000 obo is asking price, no 65k will not take it, and the person who said 80k, you can PM me if you want to make an offer. Anyone that wants to make an offer please PM me. I am not doing public negotiations.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi everyone. Sorry. Rough week. Glad to see so much debate. To summarize all the questions. They are Mopar mud flaps. They fit perfect even though they are not supposed to. Yes all REWB are automatics.
$ 100,000 obo is asking price, no 65k will not take it, and the person who said 80k, you can PM me if you want to make an offer. Anyone that wants to make an offer please PM me. I am not doing public negotiations.
Can you provide some more pictures of the rear and side profiles with the mudflaps? With the current market i can see this selling for close to 95k give or take. Also can you provide the part number for front and rear mud flaps?

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
Can you provide some more pictures of the rear and side profiles with the mudflaps? With the current market i can see this selling for close to 95k give or take. Also can you provide the part number for front and rear mud flaps?
The fronts and rears are the same. You just buy 2 kits. I linked the part details on post #17.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Sure, I will take some photos tomorrow. Still at work. And thank you for your confidence in 95K. I will add what Xylander sent for the mudflaps is correct.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The fronts and rears are the same. You just buy 2 kits. I linked the part details on post #17.
Wait your saying you buy 82214142 x2? Because 82214141 is for the front and 82214142 is for the rear. Thats why I want him to clarify before i buy these.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sure, I will take some photos tomorrow. Still at work. And thank you for your confidence in 95K. I will add what Xylander sent for the mudflaps is correct.
Wait so the part number is 82214142? And i would need to buy 2 sets of that part number? So that mean the rears fit the front and rear?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi, took some photos. I remembered that I put some xpel ppf on the wheel arch edge to make sure there would never be any scuff under the mud flaps. Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Tread Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
fr Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thx for the detailed pics. Looks like they dont fit perfectly flush like on narrow body.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
No worries. Happy to help. Great thing is the next owner can take them off, and put on whatever. Or I can take them off and save for my Jailbreak. Hmmmm

21 - 40 of 52 Posts