SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
So my plants are just coming back online the week. SRG makes Jeep fenders, Ram grills, Challengers bumpers once in a while. The only thing they had on the line last week were Jeep fenders they were 2020’s.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,752 Posts
I was told today, at a Dealership, that no more 2020s are going to be built that they are going to start on the 2021s.
Scratch that dealer off your list because either they are clueless or they love to lie to you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,752 Posts
They start to build 2021's in sept FWIW
Your plant friends telling you this? Donlen who is usually spot on and gets their info from FCA says 2021 order banks open Oct 6 and production begins Nov 9.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,180 Posts
You can still order 2019’s.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C’mon man. Stop. This is how false info gets spread around the internet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,180 Posts
I was told today, at a Dealership, that no more 2020s are going to be built that they are going to start on the 2021s. Anybody hear this?
We need a nationwide PSA about dealer salespeople just randomly making up completely false facts and telling them to customers.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
631 Posts
2020 Chargers and Challengers will be built through November.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
I’m sure there’s a few ‘19’s sitting around somewhere that need a wash and an owner! Just have to be a little flexible on colors, most dealers order the usual standard loaded options so the interior should be acceptable

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2020 Chargers and Challengers will be built through November.
Do you know this as a fact? There are some things going on at FCA concerning 300s, Chargers and Challengers. Sales on these Models are way down and FCA is talking about cutting back on production. It makes sense to stop the 2020s and just go to the 2021s.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,180 Posts
Do you know this as a fact? There are some things going on at FCA concerning 300s, Chargers and Challengers. Sales on these Models are way down and FCA is talking about cutting back on production. It makes sense to stop the 2020s and just go to the 2021s.
Not sure why they're still allowing 2020 orders if that was the case. Takes roughly 2-3 months after an order. If my order goes in tomorrow that puts completion to August-ish. And 2019 production was pushed out until Dec if im correct as well. If they were to start 2021 production early, what would happen to these current orders? Would they just be 2021’s? And then what would happen to the Power Dollar promotion that is available and almost assuredly going to be extended again?
i just think the logistics of going right into 2021 early would be a nightmare. I could see them cutting back on dealer stock but not orders.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,752 Posts
Agree, makes no sense. They're on the line right now building 2020s and there's thousands more ordered, and no way would scrapping this model year now improve anything. They'll finish out this year as planned with 2020 ending late Oct early Nov.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
631 Posts
Yes I am 100% sure. I am a dealer. Also why wouldn’t sales be down, dealers in NJ PA NY and DE a very high volume on these cars as a business center was shut down for the past 2 months, also the plants shut down.. just an FYI sales do not count when a customer buys a car they do not report on that, the retail reports from every manufacturer are from when the dealer takes ownership and the invoice is billed to the dealer that is where they report retail sales. So the only reason sales are down is from the covid BS. They are running cars through 4th qtr 2020.

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I am 100% sure. I am a dealer. Also why wouldn’t sales be down, dealers in NJ PA NY and DE a very high volume on these cars as a business center was shut down for the past 2 months, also the plants shut down.. just an FYI sales do not count when a customer buys a car they do not report on that, the retail reports from every manufacturer are from when the dealer takes ownership and the invoice is billed to the dealer that is where they report retail sales. So the only reason sales are down is from the covid BS. They are running cars through 4th qtr 2020.
I'm not arguing with you guys I'm asking a question with the info I have been given. I want to order a Red Eye but I don't want to get a 2020 and have the 2021 come out a Month later. I'm from Jersey where are you located?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
631 Posts
Buildout for Challenger is the same. Why not buy a 20 and get the powerdollars. I’m in PA

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
594 Posts
Per Dodge Incentive Support the $10.00 per HP (2020 National Retail Consumer Cash) Ref. # 20CL1, is only in affect until 6/1/2020.
After that who knows ; could be the end of it, could get extended, or, could be enhanced ????

1 - 20 of 150 Posts