SRT Hellcat Forum banner

321 - 340 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F8 Redeye Widebody
80 Posts
Talk to me like I'm stupid: What's a gear break-in for an automatic, and what reference can you give me for it? Cause I'm clueless in this department, have to drive it home about 20 miles before it goes in for PPF and ceramic/tint.

Thank you! :)

Reactions: FloydLuv

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
No, no, it's the diff gears, primarily. Google "diff gear break-in" and you find it.
20 miles is just about perfect for the gears, as long as you keep it below 50 or so. Then another 20-something miles, then another cool down, and so on.

To me, the bits that makes it run are far more important than any paint coatings, or even paint, so that's what I prioritize.

But it sounds like you might drive before checking the fluids and such, which could be very risky. I'd let them do that, at least.
I literally only drive about 20 feet from the trailer to the lift.

Reactions: FloydLuv

·
Registered
22 Posts
Talk to me like I'm stupid: What's a gear break-in for an automatic, and what reference can you give me for it? Cause I'm clueless in this department, have to drive it home about 20 miles before it goes in for PPF and ceramic/tint.

Thank you! :)
Agree...I could use that info too!

·
Registered
2020 F8 Redeye Widebody
80 Posts
Still claiming same date, NLT 14SEP20, perhaps this coming weekend but with Labor Day delaying things, I'm assuming it'll be next Monday, but dealer hasn't reached out just yet this week. I DID make my demands to them, however, to do only what's necessary and to not eff with anything else, I don't want it washed and waxed by their detailers, etc. They acknowledged that only one of their best mechanics that I know is to touch it, was hoping to have a text tomorrow/Thursday with "it's here, will be ready for pickup tomorrow" but that may be INCREDIBLY WISHFUL THINKING.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did the same thing, I told them not to mount the front license plate bracket or it will be a deal breaker. I also told them Do Not Wash, Wax, ETC till I see it and inspect it.

On Friday they told me it will be to my local port in Benica, CA on 9/10, But when I spoke to them today they said ETA change to 9/11 now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
All...still following this thread even though I was lucky enough to get my Redeye last week...and fingers crossed that others here that were on my same timeline get theirs soon!
Just a slightly off topic FYI....dropped it off this morning for some ceramic, PPF, and tint. I drove to drop it off in Valet mode. Valet mode is no joke! I swear my son can peddle his bike with more acceleration! So if you use Valet mode, don't pull out in front of anyone...because you're not going anywhere fast! 👍
(ok, sorry, now back on topic)

·
Registered
2020 F8 Redeye Widebody
80 Posts
Still nothing. I keep calling/texting and they keep telling me "It's in Toledo, sometimes they just SHOW UP here since it's a 5 hour drive"

SO frustrating. If only this wasn't an oligopoly and more players made such badass cars maybe Dodge would give a rats ass and step up their customer experience game.

Reactions: SRPSP2019

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
I don't think it would be realistic to have a whole department full of people only to keep track of each and every vehicle, in case someone wants to know its whereabouts. Especially numerous times per day.

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
2020 F8 Redeye Widebody
80 Posts
What an odd statement. I never once insinuated that it would take a whole department full of people. But, considering that the company I work for has a full order tracking system built in place for our orders that allows anyone to check the status of their order and it only took a few developers several weeks to build such a robust system, to expect a company 100X the size of ours to offer something similar isn't out of the question nor unrealistic.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
I think it would require quite a few people. FCA makes lots of vehicles, and while only some of them are special ordered it still adds up.
It's one thing to have the tracking capability, which I'm sure FCA does, and quite another to have people relaying that info.
It was easier when we could look it up ourselves, but those days are gone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I spoke to SRT/FCA customer care on the phone today they stated that my car is going to be at my local California Port at Midnight tonight. I just called my dealer he said his system doesn't show an update it still shows it left Jefferson North Plant in MI 2 weeks ago with no updates. I don't know who to believe anymore its been a long time I ordered 6/25.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
... they stated that my car is going to be at my local California Port at Midnight tonight. I just called my dealer he said his system doesn't show an update it still shows it left Jefferson North Plant in MI 2 weeks ago with no updates. I don't know who to believe anymore its been a long time I ordered 6/25.
There's no reason both can't be true.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,062 Posts
I spoke to SRT/FCA customer care on the phone today they stated that my car is going to be at my local California Port at Midnight tonight. I just called my dealer he said his system doesn't show an update it still shows it left Jefferson North Plant in MI 2 weeks ago with no updates. I don't know who to believe anymore its been a long time I ordered 6/25.
What does your dealer say? They should have an ETA.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

321 - 340 of 364 Posts