SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,357 Posts
Perfect! With 20-inch wheels being standard on GT and SXT models, even more people will think that my 'Cat has a V6.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
77 Posts
Does anyone know when 2021 production officially starts. Ordered a widebody charger today. Was hoping to get a last minute 2020 due to PD rebate. But was told 20 production has ended.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,163 Posts
Does anyone know when 2021 production officially starts. Ordered a widebody charger today. Was hoping to get a last minute 2020 due to PD rebate. But was told 20 production has ended.
Originally scheduled for November 9th, I'm now thinking that will be moving up and could have something to do with this labor issue and strike vote with their current contract expiring on September 21st. They might want to clear out all 2020 cars by that date and then they will get 2021 going after this contract issue is resolved.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MKSRT

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,163 Posts
If Nadaguides is to be believed, there's a couple more changes for 2021.

First, unless you order the NAV radio, SiriusXM will be a $295 option on all Hellcats.

And looks like the Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning will be included with Technology Group on all automatic transmission cars including Redeye and Super Stock.

So this is what they are showing now and they are usually accurate so we'll see.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
326 Posts
We should be getting some official news soon. Productions starting in November. Hopefully the official 21 order guide changes and new colors late October.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,163 Posts
I think 2021 is going to start early. Originally the order banks were set to open on Oct 6th but they've already been open now a couple weeks so don't see waiting to November to start.

Ordering for 2020 has already ended so unless they are planning on shutting the plant down for a few weeks, they're gonna run out of 20's to build and will have to start building something.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
968 Posts
If Nadaguides is to be believed, there's a couple more changes for 2021.

First, unless you order the NAV radio, SiriusXM will be a $295 option on all Hellcats.

And looks like the Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning will be included with Technology Group on all automatic transmission cars including Redeye and Super Stock.

So this is what they are showing now and they are usually accurate so we'll see.

Do you have a link? I wasn't aware this information was available with them. I'm looking at ordering a 21 within the next month.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,163 Posts
Nadaguides.com and follow it to 2021. They've had the SXT and R/T up for a week or so and just put Scat Pack and Hellcat up yesterday.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
968 Posts
Nadaguides.com and follow it to 2021. They've had the SXT and R/T up for a week or so and just put Scat Pack and Hellcat up yesterday.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
326 Posts
“U.S. auto makers have agreed to make automatic emergency braking (AEB) a standard feature on all of their new vehicles no later than Sept 1, 2022”

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,163 Posts
“U.S. auto market have agreed to make automatic emergency braking (AEB) a standard feature on all of their new vehicles no later than Sept 1, 2022”
I figured that was coming sooner or later. At least with Challenger you could turn it off but not sure how this new regulation will affect that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,357 Posts
“U.S. auto makers have agreed to make automatic emergency braking (AEB) a standard feature on all of their new vehicles no later than Sept 1, 2022”
Uh, oh. I better make any potential purchases before that goes into effect.
All I need to make the situation worse when in a snowy curve and a deer or elk hops up on the road is the vehicle hitting the brakes.

Reactions: Hellcatski

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,163 Posts
Don't know if it will pick up an animal, believe the owners manual says it won't.

But one time it did pick up a steel disc about 12" around and 1" thick sliding down the road that fell off the back of a trailer. It just gave me the BRAKE warning without actually applying the brakes. Unless they change it, that's how Challenger works, it only brakes by itself if you are using the adaptive cruise control at the time.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts