SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting experience at my local dealer today. I’ve decided I’d like to pull the trigger on a ‘21 Challenger (nonwidebody). Salesman tried to pull it up in dealer connect and it doesn’t exist. Is dodge not making standard challenger hellcats anymore?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,415 Posts
From what most have heard so far, standard Challenger HC will be late availability.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Plenty of threads here about orders only being open for Redeyes and Widebodys at this point.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discontinued is way different than orders aren't open yet. For them to be discontinued something major had to happen but I think your dealer is just ill-informed like 99% of them out there these days. If they were discontinued, I'd highly doubt they would still be on Dodge's website.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
474 Posts
Lol , Call FCA corporate the one 800 number and ask if they’ve been discontinued? After they get done laughing they’ll want to know who told you that lie.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never had a dealer not try to separate me from my money before.
Honestly made zero effort to look into it, figured typical BS as usual.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
198 Posts
In Canada right on the site there are NO regular HC or WB for sale only scats and redeyes.....:eek:
I had two dealers check last week, and I've checked on the FCA Canada site, and in Canada Charger and Challenger are only Redeye, and the Challenger can be ordered in standard body. No regular Hellcat engines in either. And the salesman at one dealer said "they've (FCA) priced us out of the market".
So for me to trade my 2015 HC Charger for a 2021 Redeye Charger would be a $72,000.00 move including tax and the trade. Nope.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
366 Posts
I had two dealers check last week, and I've checked on the FCA Canada site, and in Canada Charger and Challenger are only Redeye, and the Challenger can be ordered in standard body. No regular Hellcat engines in either. And the salesman at one dealer said "they've (FCA) priced us out of the market".
So for me to trade my 2015 HC Charger for a 2021 Redeye Charger would be a $72,000.00 move including tax and the trade. Nope.
i have a 2016 fully loaded 9000 miles and o would sell mine for 50 no less

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,356 Posts
"Discontinued" won't happen for a few years yet..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
...unfortunately just about all of em have sunroofs, a no go for me
I was gonna add, their choices seem odd, but for attainable Hellcats, you can't beat cloth and A8 and that's it. $52K + destination + tax + dealer fee seems great. My issue is that I don't trust the base Alpine is adequate. To get to HK, you need to get the sunroof, according to their inventory choices. By then you may as well get the Plus+Drivers, and voila, you're up to 62K. Still a great price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was gonna add, their choices seem odd, but for attainable Hellcats, you can't beat cloth and A8 and that's it. $52K + destination + tax + dealer fee seems great. My issue is that I don't trust the base Alpine is adequate. To get to HK, you need to get the sunroof, according to their inventory choices. By then you may as well get the Plus+Drivers, and voila, you're up to 62K. Still a great price.
Yep, in the same boat wanting the HK system and alcantara.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
Yep, in the same boat wanting the HK system and alcantara.
In my case here in south Florida, if I do end up getting from Koons this spring, I will fly into Dulles and drive back through Shenandoah Valley, Smokey Mountains, Deal's Gap, northern Georgia, then southward. It would be a great road trip. Florida roads are so horribly boring (but straight and smooth) it would be great to add that trip at the start of the Cat's
life.Then again, shipping would be only $1000 ( $2000 enclosed).

Thinking hard on this one. $62K for a loaded up HC is tempting.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,503 Posts
So many uninformed dealers. Unbelievable.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts