SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member here for about 2 years to learn all I could before dropping the money. Today was the day! I ordered a 2021 Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye in Indigo Blue with Sepia interior. I went with the new stock Redeye wheels (love them!), stock red calipers, Carbon/Suede package and Nav. Even though they are 8 hours away from me, I ordered it from Craig at Koons. It couldn't have been easier and at a fair price. Dealers in my area would not even return a e mail or phone call. He said hopefully it will show up in 7-8 weeks.
Since I am 8 hours away, I will either trailer it back or drive it back after putting on temporary PPF and taking back roads for the first 150 miles. Hopefully it will be warmer when it arrives!
Thank to everyone for all the great information gathered.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure your trailer is 80" or more wide at the fender wells.
Will do! I would hope it is as it is a 32 ft triaxle with a side door. Any clues on the best way to tie it down? Through the wheels? Thanks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
I had the same question on the width between the fender wells. I was wondering the size as I am thinking of ordering a wide body challenger. I will have to measure my trailer.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
I went to pick up my Daytona and it did not fit between the 78" fender wells. I sold that trailer and bought one that was 82" between fender wells. When I purchased my 2016 HC in 2015, I used axle straps and tied the the car down using the wheels. Also had the seat cushion attached to the axle straps. I bought longer axle straps for the 11" wide wheels on the daytona. Just saying, and never had a problem.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,635 Posts
Uhaul has two different trailers and on the wider one they say max vehicle width is 79" and that's gotta be right at what a Widebody is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
293 Posts
Congrats! Based on my Challenger WBRE experience - Be advised, when you get it into an enclosed trailer (I have about 1 1/2" from the fender wells on each side- I recommend extended line-up lines on the ramp and fold /watch your mirrors on the cables) you most likely cannot get out except out the trunk. I have my wife drive it in. Measure your side door to the bottom of the door, I'll bet your car door will not open in the trailer door. You can go out the window, but then you can't roll the window up unless ign is in acc. If you get the window up, you cannot reach the button to turn the ign button to off. I guess you could use an extension to push the ign button...maybe...all while trying not to scuff the door.
I tied down using HF lifting straps padded with T-shirts through the rims on my 2019 WBRE. Some use E-track and tire straps.
The idea of driving it home is definitely qorth considering!! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
For years I carry a 2" X 12" X 5ft board for just situations when the car is not high enough to open the door on a driver side escape door.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
I've been a member here for about 2 years to learn all I could before dropping the money. Today was the day! I ordered a 2021 Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye in Indigo Blue with Sepia interior. I went with the new stock Redeye wheels (love them!), stock red calipers, Carbon/Suede package and Nav. Even though they are 8 hours away from me, I ordered it from Craig at Koons. It couldn't have been easier and at a fair price. Dealers in my area would not even return a e mail or phone call. He said hopefully it will show up in 7-8 weeks.
Since I am 8 hours away, I will either trailer it back or drive it back after putting on temporary PPF and taking back roads for the first 150 miles. Hopefully it will be warmer when it arrives!
Thank to everyone for all the great information gathered.
Tom, where are you located? Also what is the full name of Koons and location. My 2016 HC I picked up in Stratford Dodge in Fredericksburg, VA. Not many HC Chargers in Nov 2015.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats, what was the "fair price"
The normal Craig @ Koons deal. 4% under invoice, $1000 off using Chrysler Capitol, minus any rebates at delivery (hopefully still $6,000 off) plus tax, tags, $899 processing. I could get any dealer around her to return my calls or emails! And when I did go in and meet with them, it was all sticker price. To me, it is worth the 8 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For years I carry a 2" X 12" X 5ft board for just situations when the car is not high enough to open the door on a driver side escape door.
My buddy has 4 Raceramps in the trailer just for that purpose.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom, where are you located? Also what is the full name of Koons and location. My 2016 HC I picked up in Stratford Dodge in Fredericksburg, VA. Not many HC Chargers in Nov 2015.
I live near Dayton, Ohio. The Koons dealer is here: Koons

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,215 Posts
The normal Craig @ Koons deal. 4% under invoice, $1000 off using Chrysler Capitol, minus any rebates at delivery (hopefully still $6,000 off) plus tax, tags, $899 processing. I could get any dealer around her to return my calls or emails! And when I did go in and meet with them, it was all sticker price. To me, it is worth the 8 hour drive.
That's great, what's the number? I'm not familiar with invoice on that car.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
The $899.00 processing fee is a rip off!! At Baxter in NE, the salesman tells me that the $6,000.00 rebate/discount...whatever you want to call it depends on the area where you live and county you live in.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The $899.00 processing fee is a rip off!! At Baxter in NE, the salesman tells me that the $6,000.00 rebate/discount...whatever you want to call it depends on the area where you live and county you live in.
I agree that $899 is high. But what matters is the "out the door" price. The $6000 also applies (so far) to where I live.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts