SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so a couple of days ago a warning light saying service shift and service electronic stability ( I believe that’s what it said) came on. I took it to the dealership and they couldn’t find the problem/ it didn’t come back on while they had it so I needed a vehicle to drive to work. So it came back on when I was out of town working so i was driving it back to the dealership and it died on the freeway. Every light on it came on then it died, the battery isn’t the issue, light work, wipers work, the engine won’t turn over or even turn on when I press the start button. All the breaks locked up. I couldn’t move the shifter to put it in neutral.

Has this happened to anyone, I’m so pissed right now

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
925 Posts
So did you have it towed back to the dealer? It could be something simple like a loose ground. If you can get the start button to come on you can scroll down your option button on left side of steering wheel to diagnostics and that will show what codes it set. That would be a place to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So did you have it towed back to the dealer? It could be something simple like a loose ground. If you can get the start button to come on you can scroll down your option button on left side of steering wheel to diagnostics and that will show what codes it set. That would be a place to start.
Yeah I had it towed to my dealership, no when I push the start button nothing happens

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
167 Posts
I’d be so heated how many miles on your redeye charger ? I got 1600 miles I hope nothing happens to mine I also babied mine when it’s still breaking ........ Do you drive it hard ?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
Dont let it discourage you. It’s prob going to be a simple thing that someone at the factory missed. Usually it’s something like that this early on. My 2015 SRT had a CEL come on at 900 miles and was really hard to diagnose. Turned out there was a bent pin in a wire harness connector throwing weird signals around.
My 2020 Redeye had 1200 miles on it when I suddenly noticed lots of smoke behind me and I realized I was losing some type of fluid. Pulled over, got it towed to the dealer. Turned out to be a trans fitting that was never tightened correctly and so it never seated properly and worked it's way loose over time.
Point being that I’m thinking your issue will be something similar, something small that they’ll correct and you’ll be good.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
533 Posts
Stabilitrak issues can be super stupid simple issues but they can cause these kinds of overly dramatic shut downs. More often than not, its like Slowpoke said.

I had the main computer in my ZL1 fail with less than 2500 miles on it...so I feel ya pain...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont let it discourage you. It’s prob going to be a simple thing that someone at the factory missed. Usually it’s something like that this early on. My 2015 SRT had a CEL come on at 900 miles and was really hard to diagnose. Turned out there was a bent pin in a wire harness connector throwing weird signals around.
My 2020 Redeye had 1200 miles on it when I suddenly noticed lots of smoke behind me and I realized I was losing some type of fluid. Pulled over, got it towed to the dealer. Turned out to be a trans fitting that was never tightened correctly and so it never seated properly and worked it's way loose over time.
Point being that I’m thinking your issue will be something similar, something small that they’ll correct and you’ll be good.
Yeah you know it is what it is, they will figure it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts