SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
149 Posts
I meant to post a picture of my RE with the SS/Scatpack front brakes installed but I forgot.
So...
Looks killer! I love the powder coated Forgestars. Where did you get the front brake setup? Dealer?

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I tested a friend's 20x7 Weld S71s. They barely clear the top and bottom of caliper, but not the front. I have some 5mm spacers coming in tomorrow to test them again. I think I may need some longer studs as well, but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Tested my buddies weld 20x7 fronts with a 5 mm spacer again, but still rubbed the front of the caliper. Purchased 2 3mm spacers (6mm total), and it clears now.

One thing that you would need to decide on is if you want to just get longer studs, as getting normal lug nuts on will not give you enough rotations. I was only able to get about 3-4 rotations by hand using my existing lug nuts (similar to these
Forgestar Conical Seat Lug Nut Kit for F14 / D5 Drag Pack Wheels)

Because of that, I also purchased some ET lug nuts (Pro Comp 14x1.5 Open End Lug Nut Kit (Chrome) - 16148OET) to test, and these allowed me to get about 10-12 rotations.

I've attached some pictures that show how much space is between the wheel spoke and the caliper, as well as the lug nuts. I've yet to actually test anything on the drag strip, etc though.

Has anyone else been testing any wheels? I'd love to find an 18 inch option that'll work without spacers, etc.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
136 Posts
18" Welds won't fit.
18" Billet Specialties won't fit.
18" Forgestar won't fit.
I own all three of these and none will fit over the stock '21 caliper location.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
18" Welds won't fit.
18" Billet Specialties won't fit.
18" Forgestar won't fit.
I own all three of these and none will fit over the stock '21 caliper location.
A guy on one of the FB groups posted up his Charger Redeye wearing what appears to be the Alumastar 18x6 wheels. Unfortunately he never responded to my comment asking what he did to get those to fit

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
63 Posts
Not to get off topic, but what's your setup in the back? Thx

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not to get off topic, but what's your setup in the back? Thx

I have Forgestar 17x10 beadlocks w/ 315/50/17 Mickey Thompson ET Street R tires

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
63 Posts
Tested my buddies weld 20x7 fronts with a 5 mm spacer again, but still rubbed the front of the caliper. Purchased 2 3mm spacers (6mm total), and it clears now.

One thing that you would need to decide on is if you want to just get longer studs, as getting normal lug nuts on will not give you enough rotations...

Because of that, I also purchased some ET lug nuts (Pro Comp 14x1.5 Open End Lug Nut Kit (Chrome) - 16148OET) to test, and these allowed me to get about 10-12 rotations....
Thanks for putting in the work fitting up wheels and seeing what works and doesn't.

I would say that even with the ET lug nuts and 10-12 turns, longer studs would probably be a must, even if just for piece of mind. With the open ends, passing tech might be a gamble if the inspector has heartache about the studs not at least being flush with the end of the lug nuts.. but 10+ turns is still a good amount of bite, so it is what it is.

So 17's will fit the rear. I was under the impression that the RE rear brakes were also larger and only 18's and up would fit. Definitely good news there.

My RE should be arriving sometime in August and I've been looking to pick up a set of track wheels for it. I'm happy that I stumbled across this thread.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for putting in the work fitting up wheels and seeing what works and doesn't.

I would say that even with the ET lug nuts and 10-12 turns, longer studs would probably be a must, even if just for piece of mind. With the open ends, passing tech might be a gamble if the inspector has heartache about the studs not at least being flush with the end of the lug nuts.. but 10+ turns is still a good amount of bite, so it is what it is.

So 17's will fit the rear. I was under the impression that the RE rear brakes were also larger and only 18's and up would fit. Definitely good news there.

My RE should be arriving sometime in August and I've been looking to pick up a set of track wheels for it. I'm happy that I stumbled across this thread.

I imagine it may be different depending on the track. As you said, longer studs may be the best option for peace of mind, especially considering the front studs are 10x easier to change than the rear. I just personally didn't want to deal with only changing the studs up front, which is how I found out about the ET lug nuts.

Getting 10-12 rotations before being torqued was great in my eyes. I do have the same lug nuts with closed ends as well, but decided to go with open at least for the first few times I mount them.

As far as I'm aware, no changes were made to the rear brakes. These wheels are also the widebody fitment (0 offset), so no changes are needed to the end links, etc.

It sounds like there may be some companies doing some R&D on some 18 inch options up front, so maybe things will be even better by August.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts