SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
Ordered 2022 charger HC today, dealer suspect 7-8 months.
Is it possible order banks for 2022 are only open in Canada?
I called dealer in US earlier this week to order a 2022 and was told order banks wouldn’t open till November.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Is it possible order banks for 2022 are only open in Canada?
I called dealer in US earlier this week to order a 2022 and was told order banks wouldn’t open till November.
I think this person is mistaken. He ordered a 2021 because you can’t order a 2022 yet. If he did order a 2022 then I wanna see his order form 🤔

·
Registered
4 Posts
Were you guys able to read my reply regarding dealers opinions on future orders? My response says it needs moderator approval now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Repost due to technical difficulties:
I called around to multiple dealers to get there opinion. More than 1 dealer had told me this very well might be the last year hellcats are to be made. Not my words.

Local dealer whom I have a strong relationship told me they could order me a 2021 challenger that would most likely convert to a 2022 and be possibly put into a D status if I remember the letter code correctly. Not sure what that means and how true this sounds compared to far different information from multiple other dealers.

Specifically another dealer told me production is to begin at the Brampton, Ontario plant mid October and go until late November to pump out as many 2021 orders as they can before the new year.

Traded in my 1973 Dart Sport 340 for a brand new 2021 Cat Tuesday morning. I’m very sad about the dart but new beginnings await. I’m only 31 so there’s time for me to own my classics. Someone canceled their order on a very basic (literally no options) Challenger Hellcat and I had been hovering over the Dodge Canada New vehicles Inventory for weeks when it popped up 30minutes away. Trailered to tint and wrap shop for Xpel. Awaiting completion of my new chariot. This was THE only Regular Body Challenger Hellcat I could find on Dodge Canada’s new inventory Canada wide, which is what I was in the books for. (All current Canadian stock are now Redeye and Redeye WB only from what I can see)

Did not want to take the chance on a custom order and it not get fulfilled.
Car will be treated like my classic. Will not see rain or snow and parked in the garage overnight. Low kms driven.

I figure if this is the last year of the challenger hellcat it will be collectible. If they release a new model I’ll have some wicked trade in bait with production being super slow and the cars being a hot topic.

Let me know what you guys are hearing and thinking.
Cheers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update. Dealer called me today and told me FCA kicked the order back and won't take any orders for 2021 to roll into 2022 lol.

So here i wait until they are told they can order a car. Any idea when 2022 order banks officially open?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
I only have Jake to go by and that seems to be in November sometime. My current Hellcat goes to my local dealer on Monday for another recall so I’ll see what they have to say.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,311 Posts
Update. Dealer called me today and told me FCA kicked the order back and won't take any orders for 2021 to roll into 2022 lol.
Was gonna say, never heard them do that. Simply roll an order to next year? Not as easy as it sounds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts